AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tucson News Now will carry a live stream of today’s Tucson PD update on the search for Isabel Celis at 2PM...

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/category/218560/kold-news-13-live-video

I will miss the press conference as I have to head to my son's home to do the treatments on my little "grandbaby's" ear. She just loves when I show up at the door!

Looking forward to reading the notes. TIA

Attachments

• 530412_116168805185133_100003760432469_77183_1451082948_n.jpg
    530412_116168805185133_100003760432469_77183_1451082948_n.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 30
Tucson News Now will carry a live stream of today’s Tucson PD update on the search for Isabel Celis at 2PM...

I will miss the press conference as I have to head to my son's home to do the treatments on my little "grandbaby's" ear. She just loves when I show up at the door!

Is that your Furry Grandbaby? he's adorable!! I only have Furry Grandbabies is why I'm asking. LOL...

I'm going to miss it, too. I have to go get my daughter from school.

Your "Grandbaby" is adorable, Patty. And spoiled, I imagine :D

I so hope they have something to say....anything.

The Tuesday/Thursday thing for PC's isn't bad, but are they still weekends, I wonder? Thursday until Tuesday would be too long, IMO...

I am going to miss it too... hoping we hear some news about Isabel

I can't get my media player to work this week for some reason...can anyone listen to the PC?

total of about 50 people working the case. About 20 investigators, 30 support staff. Incl FBI and US marshalls
Not too much we can provide as new information.
Still considered possible abduction, no one has been ruled out as suspect
over 1000 leads, takes lots of time
there were vehicles at the residence, all belong to Celis family. No specific suspect vehicle has been identified.
200 block s craycroft video, instead of asking for single video, we asked for entire server, so we're looking through entire thing to make sure we don't miss anything.

-- She is not aware of possible abduction attempt reported by sher office this a.m.
if they (sher) got the point where they thought it was an attempted abduction, we would join forces, help, and make sure it has no correlation to the IC case. They have to determine what they have first, if they decide it's attempted abduction, we would happily go assist them and look for correlation. she doesn't know about it, though.

We've been examining every possibility whether extended family, friends, neighborhood, pretty much anybody they come in contact with has been looked at
not one person id as suspect, no one eliminated
they are a very social family
working to release 911 tape. certain aspects have to be redacted, but it's in the process and it will be released when available.
A lot of things we keep close to the cuff in an effort not to compromise anything
we realize there is a great interest in this case and to keep her on the front page, but need to keep integrity of the investigation
would clear someone as a suspect if they can prove definitively that they were not in Tucson, but then the next step, would also have to eliminate that they might have known about the incident. 1, 2, 3rd level of verification, time-staking process.

some staff remain in evening hours, vast majority are mainly to process and organize for the next day's activities. vast majority of investigation = during business hours
crucial to post flyers, etc. people need to know she is still missing and how to contact us to get her home.
continue to send in questions, information you have via email, i will continue to answer them to the best of my ability
Next conference: Thursday 2 p.m.

"no one has been ruled out as suspect"... well that right there says a lot to me. MOO

Was that it. Its over darn i missed it but didn't sound like much was said.

It is so sad. Those days are over! I'm 58 and remember when we could play outside all day with friends and Mom would check on us every so often. Now you cannot let them out of your sight for a second.

I'm worried if I ever become a Grandma my Son will think I'm crazy because I'll be so paranoid. I keep telling him that when he has a child I will retire and babysit. Can't trust anyone anymore! It's really awful! What has this world come too??

Well, the truth is, not every kid who plays outside unattended for 30 minutes gets kidnapped. Not every kid who slips away from his mom at the mall for 60 seconds gets kidnapped. And not every kid who walks a couple blocks home from school or the bus stop gets kidnapped. If we start refusing to let our kids out of our sight, we're going to end up going berserk every time one of them is 2 minutes late getting home from school, or runs behind a house to get a ball that was thrown.
We should be vigilent, yes, and teach our kids to be aware of their surroundings as well as of the people who live in their neighborhood. If moms feel better to walk their kids to the bus stop, by all means, do so. If moms feel better sitting outside watching their kids play, that's great. And hang on to your kids' hands anytime you're out in a crowd, even if it embarasses the heck out of them!! But in the meantime... let them live as normal a life as you can, and just be careful and watch out for them. They deserve to enjoy their childhood and parents should enjoy them too!
I grew up with so many fears and hangups it's pathetic. To this day, I don't venture outside after dark, and I'm afraid to be alone at night. I cannot let my arm dangle over the side of the bed. I can't open the door to a closet unless I turn on the light. I can't watch a scary movie without having nightmares, and my husband and son says I cry and call out in my sleep all the time. I don't wish this kind of fear on anyone!

I have told my granddaughter that if anyone tries to get her to go somewhere or tries to take her, to start screaming like crazy. Her mom told her to start screaming profanities, because she thinks most people would just ignore a kid screaming but would not ignore a child screaming profanities! What do you think.

Where I live, people would notice if a child was screaming and pulling away from someone holding their hands, wouldn't have to be profanities, just the screaming and resistance would be enough. I recall the little girl several weeks ago who managed to get away from someone in Wal Mart who tried to grab her, by kicking and screaming. Several years ago, they were teaching kids to yell "You're not my dad (or mom), let me go!" and to keep on yelling until someone came. That might not work if the kid is out on the street alone, but if in a store, it would definitely be noticed.

I was at the grocery store yesterday, noticed a dad with a just walking age toddler. He was quite away ahead of his daughter but was watching. He went out the automatic doors and she went to the flowers to check them out. I was stunned how many people walked by what appeared to an unattended toddler who couldn't ask for help if they needed to, walked by, took notice of the child and then about their shopping.

I think you would be surprised what can go on, be noticed, and no one does anything. They won't even say anything let alone make a scene taking action. It is a well documented fact that you are not safer in numbers. The more people that are around the more people think someone else will do it or they are afraid of making a scene and being wrong. When they do controlled experiments people who think they are the only witness to an event react ten times more often and much faster.

I think there are more murders, kidnappings, etc. because the population has probably doubled in the last 50 years. It would stand to reason that there would be more crime, if there are more people in the U.S. Also, criminals are bolder now, I think. Maybe there is just more publicity on these things, while 50 years ago, families liked to keep this type of thing quiet. But I still think it is happening more nowadays than it used to.

"no one has been ruled out as suspect"... well that right there says a lot to me. MOO

But if you believe LE's word it means nothing at all with especially speaking of her family that she lived with.. BBM in Red below LE's words I'm specifically speaking of..
total of about 50 people working the case. About 20 investigators, 30 support staff. Incl FBI and US marshalls
Not too much we can provide as new information.
Still considered possible abduction, no one has been ruled out as suspect
over 1000 leads, takes lots of time
there were vehicles at the residence, all belong to Celis family. No specific suspect vehicle has been identified.
200 block s craycroft video, instead of asking for single video, we asked for entire server, so we're looking through entire thing to make sure we don't miss anything.

-- She is not aware of possible abduction attempt reported by sher office this a.m.
if they (sher) got the point where they thought it was an attempted abduction, we would join forces, help, and make sure it has no correlation to the IC case. They have to determine what they have first, if they decide it's attempted abduction, we would happily go assist them and look for correlation. she doesn't know about it, though.

We've been examining every possibility whether extended family, friends, neighborhood, pretty much anybody they come in contact with has been looked at
not one person id as suspect, no one eliminated
they are a very social family
working to release 911 tape. certain aspects have to be redacted, but it's in the process and it will be released when available.
A lot of things we keep close to the cuff in an effort not to compromise anything
we realize there is a great interest in this case and to keep her on the front page, but need to keep integrity of the investigation
would clear someone as a suspect if they can prove definitively that they were not in Tucson, but then the next step, would also have to eliminate that they might have known about the incident. 1, 2, 3rd level of verification, time-staking process.

some staff remain in evening hours, vast majority are mainly to process and organize for the next day's activities. vast majority of investigation = during business hours
crucial to post flyers, etc. people need to know she is still missing and how to contact us to get her home.
continue to send in questions, information you have via email, i will continue to answer them to the best of my ability
Next conference: Thursday 2 p.m.
So, if LE are only able to "clear" anyone if they can first prove they weren't in Tucson.. Well, then obviously that means the parents nor a large majority of people, including the RSO's are unable to be cleared in this case.. What that says to me is that it's unreasonable to put weight in the fact the parents are not cleared.. They will never be cleared as we all know they were ABSOLUTELY IN TUCSON WHEN THE ABDUCTION OCCURRED.. IMO that makes the entire issue of the parents being cleared an absolute moot point, period.

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Moo of course but I believe LE very deliberately and very specifically made the statement that I bolded in Red in my above post.. The fact that they cannot clear anyone as a suspect that cannot prove they were NOT in Tucson.. I believe they stated this specifically in reference of the family and those so suspicious of them not being "cleared".. LE has now stated that it is not possible for the family to be cleared and that people are putting too much weight into a factor of which the family has zero control and cannot do anything to "make themselves become cleared".. Moo is LE's motive for making this very specific statement was absolutely deliberate..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59