AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they search old mine shafts out there in Arizona for bodies?

We are in total agreement there, @Prof. I think Hawke rocks, and have a dear TPD friend who I think would be a great fit for her position when the time comes.

I like how the media is saying "police have confirmed this is an abduction" the youtube video from AP did not say that this was a confirmed abduction what they said was ISA did not leave on her own, or wonder away. That could mean that she was drugged and taken somewhere by a family member and killed, which would be a murder not an abduction. Media needs to be clear in what they post, because if I wasn;t following this case so closely I would be terrified that there is someone out there abducting kids from thier bedrooms, which I do not believe is the case. I hope someone in at the press confrence tommorrow plainly asks that question " Is this an isolated incident or should the community be worried" If LE would answer that one question it would clear up a whole lot of stuff.

:banghead:However, I am shaken by this latest update. CPS there at the Celis' home in December of 2011?

"CPS visited Isabel's home in December, city police confirm"

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html#ixzz1v77u80KL

Does this even make sense?
Surely, if CPS visited a family home in December, that recently, and then a six year old goes missing within FOUR (4) months, would CPS not take the boys out of the home? STAT?
I don't get it. Something is whacky here.

Love, love, love this part: "Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor recast Pacheco's comments...". I dunno know why. Just did.

Pacheco's quote
But Wednesday morning, Pacheco said investigators were aware CPS had made contact with the family much earlier.
"The earlier case, we are aware of that," Pacheco said. "I don't know if they were open or closed, but there were previous CPS contacts." Pacheco said he was not familiar with the details of CPS' involvement with the Celis family, but during the earlier stages of the investigation detectives had spoken to CPS workers about the agency's history with the family.

Chief
Wednesday afternoon, Tucson Police Chief Roberto Villaseñor recast Pacheco's comments, saying they should not be interpreted as confirmation that CPS had prior involvement with the Celis family in December. He said Tucson police officers are working closely with workers at the child-welfare agency, but it would be inappropriate for police to comment about what contact, if any, CPS made with the family.

No wonder it's hard for us to keep the facts straight!

Read more: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/cri...9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html#ixzz1v76BbgCN

I wonder if they search old mine shafts out there in Arizona for bodies?

We really don't have much by way of mine shafts here in Tucson. Bisbee and other locales, yes... but not so much here.

Blame it on sound bites and headlines! (Am I really paraphrasing JB of CA fame?)

I like how the media is saying "police have confirmed this is an abduction" the youtube video from AP did not say that this was a confirmed abduction what they said was ISA did not leave on her own, or wonder away. That could mean that she was drugged and taken somewhere by a family member and killed, which would be a murder not an abduction. Media needs to be clear in what they post, because if I wasn;t following this case so closely I would be terrified that there is someone out there abducting kids from thier bedrooms, which I do not believe is the case. I hope someone in at the press confrence tommorrow plainly asks that question " Is this an isolated incident or should the community be worried" If LE would answer that one question it would clear up a whole lot of stuff.

I agree, and there is a presser tomorrow... but, then there is a media abducted verses TAKEN...interpretation war going on so who can tell. jmo

First accurate Headline I have seen to date RE: "Abduction".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

Maybe the Press Conference will clear things up! jmo

I hope this is not just another JohnBenet Ramsey case :-/

It sounds like there was a previous CPS contact but Pacheco wasn't supposed to say so.

JMO but I wouldn't necessarily take the 4-12 ratio of officers assigned to various lines of inquiry as indicative of the relative probability of the theories. Either way, they will have to rule all the tips out. If they're going to prosecute a no-body case against the family they would have to be able to say that they've investigated all the local RSO's and the weird guys in the neighborhood etc. etc. and found nothing, and conversely, if they're going to prosecute a no-body case against a non-family perp they would need to show that the family has been cleared.

It takes a lot of manpower to run after all the leads outside of the family. Dozens and hundreds of RSO's alone, etc.

It sounds like there was a previous CPS contact but Pacheco wasn't supposed to say so.

JMO but I wouldn't necessarily take the 4-12 ratio of officers assigned to various lines of inquiry as indicative of the relative probability of the theories. Either way, they will have to rule all the tips out. If they're going to prosecute a no-body case against the family they would have to be able to say that they've investigated all the local RSO's and the weird guys in the neighborhood etc. etc. and found nothing, and conversely, if they're going to prosecute a no-body case against a non-family perp they would need to show that the family has been cleared.

It takes a lot of manpower to run after all the leads outside of the family. Dozens and hundreds of RSO's alone, etc.

Really makes me discouraged because of the $$$ issue... and now the interweb can create/enable: Theories/Defenses to "see what sticks" on both sides of, Truth and Justice. :banghead: ugh!

IMO LE is about to make a big move

Pressure points:
Removing SC from his family
Searching the wash close by
Leaking information about CPS prior involvement ...as if it were a mistake

(they even have the good cop/bad cop plays going)...
IMO

JMO but I do notice how we are getting more information that ends up being true -- not from pressers (that give no info), but from what appears to be evening timed leaks or slip ups

back to the cameras real quick, since all these places had cameras around the home in various directions if someone left the house that night via car one of the cameras would have picked it up, Wasn't it reported earlier that the broke down car was searched and a blanket was removed? I wonder if that car is really broke down, or if it was seen on camera leaving the area.

Selective releases... re: late night "slips". Not a media pro here, but it really does seem intentional.

Hoping for an arrest/move soon.

back to the cameras real quick, since all these places had cameras around the home in various directions if someone left the house that night via car one of the cameras would have picked it up, Wasn't it reported earlier that the broke down car was searched and a blanket was removed? I wonder if that car is really broke down, or if it was seen on camera leaving the area.

Conflicting info on video recordings/surveillance. Not sure we can tell if that red/burgundy Acura is operable since we can't access DMV records that might tell us if it's been taken "off the road". And even if we could, that doesn't necessarily mean it's not operable -- just uninsured or totaled. Another question mark...

IMO LE is about to make a big move

Pressure points:
Removing SC from his family
Searching the wash close by
Leaking information about CPS prior involvement ...as if it were a mistake

(they even have the good cop/bad cop plays going)...
IMO

JMO but I do notice how we are getting more information that ends up being true -- not from pressers (that give no info), but from what appears to be evening timed leaks or slip ups

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/8a0e22a3-f9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html

This is usually when an attorney is hired, and in so many cases, a body is not found and it lingers on and on. Please no, please find Isabel. I don't know if anyone is going to spill the secrets of what they know about that night, but I feel someone does know more about what happened to Isabel.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/8a0e22a3-f9a3-5df6-a4f1-163f280fad8f.html

This is usually when an attorney is hired, and in so many cases, a body is not found and it lingers on and on. Please no, please find Isabel. I don't know if anyone is going to spill the secrets of what they know about that night, but I feel someone does know more about what happened to Isabel.

BBM

I think you're right, and I think it may be the son/sons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93