AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears on the video that it goes all the way through from the alley to 12th. Also, Anita, who attended the vigil described it as going all the way from alley to street. No fence front or back.
MOO:moo: MOO :moo:

That is the lamest thing I've ever heard of. They're asking for burglaries. DERP! Thanks for that tidbit.

So you are concluding the neighbor is lying? And this is because of the dogs barking? I didn't see that one coming. Her dog/s heard men outside her window and started barking...it woke her up. Then she heard the Celis dogs barking...and ignored them, regrettably.

IOW, her dogs heard the men prior to Celis dogs alerting. I see no reason to believe the witness would lie...unless it has to be determined she lied in order to fit a theory.

JMO but I've never really put much faith in her story. And I can think of at least a couple of reasons that she would make that up or at least not be accurate with details. She could have outright lied in order to get media attention, she could have been dreaming (ok, that one may be a stretch :) but it could happen), she could have wanted so badly to help out that when she found out what had happened she recalled her dog barking and put 2 and 2 together and got 5, it could have been the 'mystery saturday morning garbage pickup' and that's what riled up all the dogs...blah blah blah. Anyway, I guess my point is that there is absolutely nobody to corroborate her story so whatever she said whether it is truth or fiction simply cannot be verified either way. Just my :twocents:

Maybe that guest house part is only the front of her section of the house, it may have access to more rooms on that side of the house. When I was a kid we had a similar setup for my grandmother. Separate entrance with access to a bedroom at that end of the house. Who knows?

Guest house is in the back of their property. We have an overhead view and a poster circled in red so we could all see it. lol. I'll see if I can find it.

When we get down to the nitty gritty of this case, the abduction theory is not fairing well. When you back to square one and start dissecting how the perp/s entered and exited, the theory breaks down.

I will assume the back gate was locked when LE arrived...if it wasn't the dogs may have escaped. So we have a locked back gate that can only be locked by someone on the inside of the property.

We have locked doors inside the house. If this is not true and a perp got in, he had to walk past Sergio x2. as there are three doors in the back:

1. at the master bdrm
2. at the den
3. at the family room.

The main door was locked to the best of my kge...but even if he came in that way, he had to walk past sergio x2. Sergio is sleeping right in the middle of the whole house.

Unless SC was not where he said he was. In which case, the theory is still on the table.

LE has never said much about the point of entry OR exit, aside from they seem to allude that they don't believe it's Isa's window. Someone may have picked a lock (pretty easy) or a door/window was knowingly or otherwise left unlocked.

You are correct, obe, the comments that Sergio's statements are inconsistent can only be attributed to unnamed "law enforcement sources" as reported by a TH.

What's a TH?

Anyways, NBC isn't the only one to report it. NG and JVM did as well, and probably others, too. I expect most media to start reporting the same thing in the coming weeks as reporters check with their sources for confirmation.

What's a TH?

Anyways, NBC isn't the only one to report it. NG and JVM did as well, and probably others, too. I expect most media to start reporting the same thing in the coming weeks as reporters check with their sources for confirmation.

Talking head...

Another local "color" explanation re: window bars. They are very common in/around Tucson. But not merely in higher-crime areas. Many of the homes in Tucson belong to snow birders (people who own/live here only in the winters). They want their home to appear from the outside to be entirely secure and deter squatters, local kids, etc., etc. In some of the older neighborhoods they are vestiges of the building style (Spanish, Pueblo, etc.) and mostly decorative. Personally, I call them cages and would never install on my home, unless purely the historical/decorative types original to a very old home.

What's a TH?

I think I'll make it my job tomorrow to begin looking for all statements made by Sergio, just to see if we can get a perspective on these inconsistant statements. He hasn't appeared on TV much so I don't know how much I'll be able to find.

Another local "color" explanation re: window bars. They are very common in/around Tucson. But not merely in higher-crime areas. Many of the homes in Tucson belong to snow birders (people who own/live here only in the winters). They want their home to appear from the outside to be entirely secure and deter squatters, local kids, etc., etc. In some of the older neighborhoods they are vestiges of the building style (Spanish, Pueblo, etc.) and mostly decorative. Personally, I call them cages and would never install on my home, unless purely the historical/decorative types original to a very old home.

My house came with the bars and it is kind of scary to think how I would get out, if there was ever a home invasion or a fire...I have an irrational fear of home invasions...well, I am sure everyone does, but I mean, they've never happened in my area, yet I think most about this type of crime, probably because my husband works graveyard and I am home alone at night. :(

Guest house is in the back of their property. We have an overhead view and a poster circled in red so we could all see it. lol. I'll see if I can find it.

I worded that poorly. I meant that the guest house may just be the "front" part of her area of the house. Even though its on the alley, it is the entrance, so I called it front. I'm sleepy and old? My excuse.:blushing:

I think I'll make it my job tomorrow to begin looking for all statements made by Sergio, just to see if we can get a perspective on these inconsistant statements. He hasn't appeared on TV much so I don't know how much I'll be able to find.

I (think I) know where this came from...one of the brilliant TV "personalities" was breaking down the 911 call and said that there were inconsistencies on it...and then somehow it became a part of the story...it was to do with the pajamas, of all things. JMO

If it were not locked.

Locks are not hard to pick. Seriously. In a home of that era and in that area, I would be VERY surprised if their locksets were of high quality/security, a la Home Depot or Lowes.

And perhaps... just perhaps... the perp had a key.

If it were not locked.

We've seen lots of people going in and out of that front courtyard gate, but I don't know if it's locked or not. From looking and videos and stills, I can't tell for sure if there is a lock or not. SOMEONE let their dogs out 1 week before Isa went missing, somehow.

My house came with the bars and it is kind of scary to think how I would get out, if there was ever a home invasion or a fire...I have an irrational fear of home invasions...well, I am sure everyone does, but I mean, they've never happened in my area, yet I think most about this type of crime, probably because my husband works graveyard and I am home alone at night. :(

I thought it was a code requirement to have quick release levers inside the house for those bars. Eeeek, without the release levers, I would be afraid of fire.

I don't know, no. I live quite a distance from the Celis' neighborhood. If there was an outage, it was likely minor and didn't appear to make the news. Although minor outages are not uncommon here (like when Joe Goat Roper accidentally drives into a power pole), and larger outages quite common during the monsoons.

Hahahaha, it's almost time to break out the candles and flashlights for those monsoons..let's hope that they actually bring some rain this year.

I did not experience a power outage the night of Isa's disappearance, for whatever that is worth.

I (think I) know where this came from...one of the brilliant TV "personalities" was breaking down the 911 call and said that there were inconsistencies on it...and then somehow it became a part of the story...it was to do with the pajamas, of all things. JMO

No, Clu, this is being reported by multiple stations. It has to be what LE is telling reporters behind the scenes.

And who can really be surprised?????? Not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11