AZ AZ - James Daniels Jr, 42, from WY, moving friend w/refrig trk b/w Kingman & Wickenburg 21 Aug 2021

ok interesting. I was just thinking that it could be someone who knows James posing as the dog owner to get people out there looking for the dog.

Yes, initial post on the dog Penny was done by either family or friend with little info when she posted it. I am pet recovery and have since done a major FB campaign in hopes of finding Penny at Families request. Unfortunately much time had passed by the time I got involved.

Initial post on Penny was done with little info known by a family member or close friend. I am pet recovery and at families request did a major FB campaign for Penny.

Yes, we understand that it was written by a person who didn't have all the facts yet. Doesn't explain why they would state it was their own dog and that they were the ones moving from NV to MS, which again I assume was for innocent, if misguided reasons.

Letting it go, but just in future it's best for everyone involved to be 100% honest and upfront. That is all. The internet is a very public place, and also law enforcement uses public forums in investigations all the time. It potentially wastes their time to put stuff like that out there.

That's good that you were able to do a campaign to find Penny. I hope someone found her.

Ok, onwards and upwards!

Last edited:
Yes, we understand that it was written by a person who didn't have all the facts yet. Doesn't explain why they would state it was their own dog and that they were the ones moving from NV to MS, which again I assume was for innocent, if misguided reasons.

Letting it go, but just in future it's best for everyone involved to be 100% honest and upfront. That is all. The internet is a very public place, and also law enforcement uses public forums in investigations all the time. It potentially wastes their time to put stuff like that out there.

That's good that you were able to do a campaign to find Penny. I hope someone found her.

Ok, onwards and upwards!

I should mention that I did get some clarification on this - it sounds like this wasn't so much a fabrication, but the story as it had been told to the person who posted the missing Penny flyers online, and that they really were just trying to help. I would speculate that they thought it would seem more sincere if they said it was their dog, and they were someone very close to the parties involved, so I'm satisfied with that.

It sounds like there are a lot more discrepancies and story changes from the last known person to see JD than we had even heard about here.

Thanks for the update! At least it sounds like there’s discussion on Facebook. Since we can’t discuss it here, there’s not much to hash out unless MSM picks it up.

true. there are now a bunch of graphics and information the group has created which can be shared with various media and missing persons groups etc.

This is the official group for James by his family/friends.

There is a 4 part post on the group by JD's friend that details her perspective of his disappearance as she was in close contact with the friend JD was traveling with during this whole ordeal as well.

245891377_10157910756280563_8272814227363906810_n.jpg

There have been 3 possible sightings of him - a man at 3 different stores wearing a kilt. James loves to wear kilts.

So, here's the question. If JD was killed, what's the motive? Seems so random to ask a guy to help you move and then kill him along the way.

maybe he saw something in the truck he wasn’t supposed to see? Potentially drugs? Where did the friend go to get money for the tires?

Maybe there was a fight or an accident?

maybe he saw something in the truck he wasn’t supposed to see? Potentially drugs? Where did the friend go to get money for the tires?

Maybe there was a fight or an accident?

This right here. I completely agree with you and have the same thoughts. How did he (AD) get the money for tires and gas for that matter. For 2 vehicles. The box truck and his truck he was using to pull the trailer. They aren't fuel efficient.

His story has changed multiple times but I believe the truth lies somewhere in his multiple stories.

The other thing that has resonated with me is when it was posted when he responded to a question of where he had been (gap in time), he said something to the effect of 'he was getting his trailer off of the mountain'. There are no mountains between where they broke down and Wickenburg on 93. There are however mountains if he were to leave the 93 and take the 97 to the 96 to the 89. The 89 then will come down a mountain through Yarnell and at the bottom is the Shell station in Congress (corner of the 71 and the 89) that he had stated he was at. It is important to note if he did end up taking that route, it is much less traveled and easier to conceal something for nefarious reasons. Also that Shell station is not on the 93. The first gas station that travelers come to on the 93 heading into Wickenburg is a Mobil station.

I believe the Shell station was mentioned in either this thread or the official FB page. IMO I feel it is important to note these facts of the locations that can be found on google maps. (sorry I don't know how to share).

It is also important to note that the turn off for the 97 is in between mile makers 150 and 160.

One last thing that has also been on my mind. JD's cell phone ping in Ajo, AZ. While Ajo is about 30+ miles from the Mexico border, it is a good 127- 134 miles by car from Wickenburg to Ajo depending on the route. I cannot imagine how many cell towers there are between these two locations. So for it to ping there, I would think it would have had to be physically there/near there. How it got there is anyone's guess.

This right here. I completely agree with you and have the same thoughts. How did he (AD) get the money for tires and gas for that matter. For 2 vehicles. The box truck and his truck he was using to pull the trailer. They aren't fuel efficient.

His story has changed multiple times but I believe the truth lies somewhere in his multiple stories.

The other thing that has resonated with me is when it was posted when he responded to a question of where he had been (gap in time), he said something to the effect of 'he was getting his trailer off of the mountain'. There are no mountains between where they broke down and Wickenburg on 93. There are however mountains if he were to leave the 93 and take the 97 to the 96 to the 89. The 89 then will come down a mountain through Yarnell and at the bottom is the Shell station in Congress (corner of the 71 and the 89) that he had stated he was at. It is important to note if he did end up taking that route, it is much less traveled and easier to conceal something for nefarious reasons. Also that Shell station is not on the 93. The first gas station that travelers come to on the 93 heading into Wickenburg is a Mobil station.

I believe the Shell station was mentioned in either this thread or the official FB page. IMO I feel it is important to note these facts of the locations that can be found on google maps. (sorry I don't know how to share).

It is also important to note that the turn off for the 97 is in between mile makers 150 and 160.

One last thing that has also been on my mind. JD's cell phone ping in Ajo, AZ. While Ajo is about 30+ miles from the Mexico border, it is a good 127- 134 miles by car from Wickenburg to Ajo depending on the route. I cannot imagine how many cell towers there are between these two locations. So for it to ping there, I would think it would have had to be physically there/near there. How it got there is anyone's guess.
Good post!

Yes. I have shared all of these messages and all of this info with the appropriate channels. It doesn't seem to make a difference. When to me it seems REALLY obvious that something isn't fitting. Like ALL of it. It is all i can do to not go to Mississippi myself and get the answers and look him in the face when I ask so I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is full of it. Thanks for seeing what I see.
@GonzoGirl5 One reason I have followed James Daniels' disappearance is because I live in New Mexico. You said his last known location was Moriaty, NM and that he traveled to Moriarty from Phoenix. Your last post was four-weeks ago on Sept. 30. Have you had any news on your friend? Has he arrived in Mississippi?

Last edited:
@GonzoGirl5 One reason I have followed James Daniels' disappearance is because I live in New Mexico. You said his last known location was Moriaty, NM and that he traveled to Moriarty from Phoenix. Your last post was four-weeks ago on Sept. 30. Have you had any news on your friend? Has he arrived in Mississippi?
Actually, no his last known location was not Moriarty NM. His last known location is actually specifically mile marker 164 on hwy 93 in Arizona between 4:10 am and 4:40am. The detectives were able to locate the individuals who called 911. There were 4 of them. One was a FedEx driver who said JD was in the middle of the road seemingly very disoriented snd repeating over and over "I can't believe this is happening". The trooper arrived on scene to no JD and the dog was there but shortly ean off into the desert. Other than that there are no update. Some possible sightings in some areas in AZ but they are hardly reliable since they dont really have too much in the way of description or details

I can't believe this is happening.... Hmmm..... I wonder what was happening or what he THOUGHT was happening. Obiously just a flat tire isn't enough to flip out like that. It had to be more. So his buddy is clearly lying. Question is, what was going on? What are the possible options? Drugs? Robbery?

Actually, no his last known location was not Moriarty NM. His last known location is actually specifically mile marker 164 on hwy 93 in Arizona between 4:10 am and 4:40am. The detectives were able to locate the individuals who called 911. There were 4 of them. One was a FedEx driver who said JD was in the middle of the road seemingly very disoriented snd repeating over and over "I can't believe this is happening". The trooper arrived on scene to no JD and the dog was there but shortly ean off into the desert. Other than that there are no update. Some possible sightings in some areas in AZ but they are hardly reliable since they dont really have too much in the way of description or details

Wasn't the 'friend' who was the one moving in Moriarty NM at one time?

Moriarty is on I-40, easy was east, easy to connect with another Interstate & head north or south or anywhere.

Where is the 'friend' now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back