Identified! AZ - Maricopa, WhtFem, 40-50, UP2004, Phoenix, auto/pedestrian, Nov'04 - Amelia Muñoz Loera

Such a tragic case! I wonder if she had any family in the USA

How do you view the spreadsheets on GEDMatch. I have an account set up but haven't found it

Broadway Street Jane Doe has now been publicly identified as Amelia Muñoz Loera, from Aguascalientes, Mexico

“Our team dedicated more than 1300 hours to this case without a resolution, and then it was solved in a single weekend thanks to Amelia’s niece who took action by testing on FamilyTreeDNA,” said Team Leader Cairenn Binder.

All it takes is for the right person to test!

RIP Amelia.

Broadway Street Jane Doe has now been publicly identified as Amelia Muñoz Loera, from Aguascalientes, Mexico

Was the person who served in the American Revolution the missing link?

I assume this person in the American Revolution was Anglo. (Or maybe French??)
This stuff does go way back and there may have been a connection to Spain etc.

I recently received a message from someone who is 100% Polish from Poland. Ancestry says that we are 4-6th cousins.
I'm Armenian on one side. On the other side, I'm Anglo (British Isles) with relatives that served in the American Revolution.

I have no idea how I'm related to this person from Poland. She wanted to know, but I have no idea....

I recently received a message from someone who is 100% Polish from Poland. Ancestry says that we are 4-6th cousins.
I'm Armenian on one side. On the other side, I'm Anglo (British Isles) with relatives that served in the American Revolution.

I have no idea how I'm related to this person from Poland. She wanted to know, but I have no idea....
4th to 6th cousins goes back 150-180 years. I found some 5th cousin and thanks to well kept records on his and my sides, i found that our lineages split in the 1840s. Two brothers. One stayed in Europe, the other one emigrated to the USA.

Unless both of you have trees going back so far, you cant find the connection but you can be sure it exists.

I guess this ID was just a coincidence. Randomly someone tested on her own accord without being asked to do so and it turned out to be the niece. She probably did not even know the case.

4th to 6th cousins goes back 150-180 years. I found some 5th cousin and thanks to well kept records on his and my sides, i found that our lineages split in the 1840s. Two brothers. One stayed in Europe, the other one emigrated to the USA.

Unless both of you have trees going back so far, you cant find the connection but you can be sure it exists.
I have a relative at about that distance who's Colombian - I have absolutely no idea where our trees could have intersected but we're definitely related. Genealogy can be weird!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back