AZ- Mother arrested after toddler, baby found dead in car seats

If the RUMORS are true, her "husband" died of a drug overdose. Also, the court documents show they did not get along. After his death though, she wanted to benefit from his death and receive sympathy. I have a hard time with women who immortalize their dead spouse even though they were either divorced or separated at the time of death. The fact that she was in rehab as a teen tells me that she had some support trying to help her get well. She murdered her babies. I do not have any sympathy for her. I save all of my heart for her innocent babies.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Calls were made and police visited her home numerous time, plus concerns about how she cared for the babies. Why does no one do anything about it. The warning signs for something happening to those children sound like they were plain to see by a lot of people including LE and the grandma. Poor babies.

[FONT=&quot]Velasquez's brother, Vincent, described his sister as "deranged" - a person who has suffered with mental illness from a young age, and someone who refused to admit she was sick, and refused any help.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"You know they just -- they never had a chance," said Vincent.

"We tried," said Vincent. "We begged CPS to take the kids. We begged the cops. Nothing would happen. Only thing we can do. We can't kidnap the kids. My grandparents let them stay in the house. Other than that, that's all we can do, know they are in a home, being fed."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/sheriffs-office-2-young-children-found-dead-inside-vehicle_

Ms. Velasquez is presently being held on $2 million bond.[/FONT]

this woman's sister was on the local news this morning - sounds like they had a very close bond. She said she was very surprised.

I just can't get the thought of their last hours/moments alive out of my mind since I heard about this.

Geez, what does justice look like in a situation like this...

Rest now, sweet babies.

Seems like another classic case of severe warning signs and no action to help. These children were failed by BOTH their parents AND the system.

IMO

Seems like another classic case of severe warning signs and no action to help. These children were failed by BOTH their parents AND the system.

IMO

What system? After each of these cases, we hear about all the help that was available. Why is it these people can't find it?

What system? After each of these cases, we hear about all the help that was available. Why is it these people can't find it?

Her brother said they tried. I believe him. I tried too (not for these kids, I don't know them or this family). But you're plain being told 'sorry, can't do anything to prevent what you fear might happen'. By CPS. And then things like this happen and everyone (CPS etc) shifts the blame. I almost had a coronary when I read family members had tried to help these kids but once again nothing was done.

Oh this is a tragedy all around, IMO.
This mom was clearly in more than one occasion referred to as out of her mind, so-to-speak.
Yet she refused help, which I know is common, unfortunately. She may or may not have had a rough life. The mental illness, if any, could be what’s caused her mindset. I can’t help but feel bad for her too....I’m not at all supporting her or saying it’s okay or a reason to do what she allegedly did.
I’m speculating that the kids may have been poisoned by carbon monoxide...solely based on the lack of signs of trauma that the police mentioned. If they found evidence of foul play, maybe she had a hose of sorts in the window?
These poor babies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when the police arrived the children were actually already in the house? Not in the car seats correct?

Authorities: Mom tried to shift blame for deaths of children

https://wtop.com/national/2018/03/police-alerted-arizona-child-protection-about-arrested-mom/

[FONT=&amp]Authorities say Velasquez was the last person to see her children alive, when she left them in a car outside a family home at about 9:30 a.m. Monday and went to work.

The children were dead when Velasquez returned to the car nearly 14 hours later. They were still in the car seats and wearing the same clothes they had on in the morning.[/FONT]

I’m getting the toxicology is key to this case.
Wondering if mom drugged them,,,,,,,,

[FONT=&quot]Velasquez's brother, Vincent, described his sister as "deranged" - a person who has suffered with mental illness from a young age, and someone who refused to admit she was sick, and refused any help.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"You know they just -- they never had a chance," said Vincent.

"We tried," said Vincent. "We begged CPS to take the kids. We begged the cops. Nothing would happen. Only thing we can do. We can't kidnap the kids. My grandparents let them stay in the house. Other than that, that's all we can do, know they are in a home, being fed."

http://www.ktvu.com/news/sheriffs-office-2-young-children-found-dead-inside-vehicle_

Ms. Velasquez is presently being held on $2 million bond.[/FONT]

this woman's sister was on the local news this morning - sounds like they had a very close bond. She said she was very surprised.

I just can't get the thought of their last hours/moments alive out of my mind since I heard about this.

Geez, what does justice look like in a situation like this...

Rest now, sweet babies.

Brother says "she was deranged"

Sister says she is very surprised?

Her brother said they tried. I believe him. I tried too (not for these kids, I don't know them or this family). But you're plain being told 'sorry, can't do anything to prevent what you fear might happen'. By CPS. And then things like this happen and everyone (CPS etc) shifts the blame. I almost had a coronary when I read family members had tried to help these kids but once again nothing was done.

That's exactly why I said "what system?". With so many of these cases people claim the "system" failed. Now, I'm asking what "system"? Is there ANY system in place to protect the children? Do we need another agency to oversee CPS? Another level of governance?

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of hearing these cases. Maybe it's time to get proactive and DO something about it. We need money for mental health, that seems a good place to start. People march for everything these days, why not mental health? God knows there are enough cases out there as evidence. Let's DO something instead of blaming the system, waiting for tox reports, blaming the mother, etc.

On the other hand, maybe it's easier to sit behind a keyboard feeling all good about ourselves because we haven't murdered our children. The virtue signaling gets old. Action speaks louder. If anyone knows which part of the SYSTEM can help, do post it.

Speaking of family members, what I'm wondering is where are Brittany's parents? In all of the press reports I've seen and heard so far, there hasn't been any mention of them. Has anyone heard or found any info about them?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back