AZ AZ/NV - Robert Carnochan linked to 3 missing women, Verna Clayton, Nancy Hartz and Neva Lindley, 2008-2016 *died in prison*

This story needs to go viral because if he was searching for victims on online dating sites he has certainly contacted many more women in various states (and countries?)

That guy even looks like a creeper. If he has been here in the US illegally for yrs, I'd bet money it's due to the fact that he's running from something in Canada and has done this before. They need to check their old missing persons from 20 plus yrs ago and his history while here in the US.

Warning signs with this guy, for anyone who has received " off" sounding emails or calls from senior, female family members, or friends, whom they have not seen in some time. imo.
rbbm.
http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2016/06/27/22646760.html
By March 2015, Hartz had put her home on the market and was closing her bank account. She was making plans to leave with Carnochan, who "wanted to live out in the middle of nowhere," Baggs said.

"All of us kids kept trying to tell Mom, 'Don't go,'" Baggs said. But her mother's response was that "she was in love with him, and she was going to go."

Baggs reported her mother missing in July 2015. She said friends and family were alarmed when they received e-mails that did not sound like Hartz. They also received phone calls but the voice sounded nothing like Hartz, Baggs said.

Deputies probed further after a woman claiming to be Hartz failed to show up to a scheduled meeting with investigators.

Detective Scot Durst said in an email that calls to Hartz' phone were never answered.

Detectives continue to investigate the women's disappearance and have served search warrants and subpoenas on financial institutions and social networks.

Meanwhile, Baggs attends all of Carnochan's court appearances.

"I want him to tell me where he left my mother, and I know she's not alive," Baggs said.

You don't have to be much of a sleuth to figure out this case is going to end up having a whole bunch of sordid details, all of them bad. Women in their 70's don't normally just up and disappear for no reason, much less three of them, after cleaning out their bank accounts and heading off to meet the same man.

I imagine we can expect another two or three women to be reported missing now that this story has surfaced. One of the families must have gotten frantic enough for the cops to begin connecting all the dots.

Serial killer......age 69. Where are they, Bob ?

Has anyone seen any details about this guy? What cities has he lived in over the past 20+ years? What part of Canada was he from? (who knows if any unsolved crimes could be linked to him there.)

What dating sites did he post on? What were some of his aliases?

Sorry, I'm just curious about all of this. It would be very helpful to have people start sleuthing this guy's background.

And how did he get that woman to call on the phone and pretend she was Nancy Hartz?

Marking my spot so I can do some digging on this tomorrow.

Has anyone seen any details about this guy? What cities has he lived in over the past 20+ years? What part of Canada was he from? (who knows if any unsolved crimes could be linked to him there.)

Sorry, I'm just curious about all of this. It would be very helpful to have people start sleuthing this guy's background.

And how did he get that woman to call on the phone and pretend she was Nancy Hartz?

Probably the same way he got three women to give up all they had for him!!

All I can say for sure is that Yucca, Az is a tiny little blip on the map with a population of a couple hundred people spread out over a dozen square miles. When you hear someone say they're out in the middle of nowhere, that person most likely is standing in Yucca, Az. They only get about 4-5 inches of rain per year, and the normal daily high temperatures during the summer average between 115-120 degrees. If you hear a driver joking around about "don't close your eyes or you'll miss the whole town", you would be approaching Yucca, Az.

I'm more shocked at anything that they would actually have internet service in that place. I'm not totally sure that they actually do, maybe the folks around there use their phones to get on the web, I don't know. They may also have satellite internet, as expensive as it may be.

My guess would be that Bob found his current girlfriend there and moved into her place. I guess you might consider it a good place to hide, although just about everybody in that tiny little town is going to know your name. It is surrounded by miles and miles of open desert, which of course is ALL BAD when it comes to finding these women.

Here are some pics of the place you never want to live , Yucca, Az.
Yucca1.jpg yucca2.jpg yucca3.jpg

yucca4.jpg yucca5.jpg

Some people may get this confused with Yuma, Arizona which is actually a pretty good sized town.

According to this article, RC, was on parole in Canada.
rbbm.
http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news...cle_670415fa-15af-11e6-91b4-5b427af01d0f.html
Robert Lawson Carnochan, 69, pleaded not guilty to six counts of misconduct with a weapon for allegedly illegally possessing several weapons.

Deputy Mohave County Attorney Bob Moon said he will allege that Carnochan has several prior convictions and that he absconded from parole out of Canada. Carnochan is a Canadian citizen who has been living in the country illegally for about two dozen years, Moon said.

Superior Court Commissioner Billy Sipe Jr. said that, for the weapons charges, Carnochan faces from 10 to 15 years in prison for each count. However, those sentences might be served concurrently. If he is convicted on the nine charges in his two other criminal cases, those sentences would be served consecutively to the sentences in the weapons case.

More charges could be coming, said Baggs, who told the Miner that prosecutor Bob Moon said six guns were found when Carnochan was arrested in Yucca, and he is prohibited from possessing them, but the attorney had much more ominous news: Baggs has been advised some of her mother's personal effects were located in a sand pit near Topock.

"They're getting a cadaver dog," she said after Thursday's hearing. She could barely contain herself during the hearing after putting eyes on Carnochan for the first time in 10 months.

"My mind kept going back to last Friday (April 22)," said Baggs. "The CSI detective came and took my DNA."

'I wanted to kill him'

Baggs knows Carnochan has not been charged, much less convicted, of any crime related to her mother's disappearance, but she also knows he's a logical suspect. She believes the very worst possibility out of a million worst possibilities has occurred.

"I wanted to kill him," she said through clenched teeth and tears when asked what it was like to see Carnochan in court, unshaven, ungroomed, and unkempt in the orange-and-white-striped pants and shirt of a Mohave County jail inmate.

"I want him to hurt. I want him to feel pain for what he's done to my mother. He has no soul and it looks like he's done this repeatedly." And while Baggs claims she wants to end Carnochan's life, she also wants him to get life in prison, not the death penalty, if he ever is charged and convicted of killing Nancy Hartz.

"I want him to suffer," she said. "He's sick. I know he killed Mom. I know it."

'He's gonna see a lot of me'

The investigation into Carnochan also bears out Baggs' opinion that he might be a con man. Carter said Carnochan is a Canadian citizen who is illegally living in the U.S. and has been here for years. In court on Thursday, prosecutor Moon noted Canada has a detainer on Carnochan. The prosecutor told the Miner it regards a theft case from the 1990s.
http://kdminer.com/m/Articles.aspx?ArticleID=69780
rbbm.

All I can say for sure is that Yucca, Az is a tiny little blip on the map with a population of a couple hundred people spread out over a dozen square miles. When you hear someone say they're out in the middle of nowhere, that person most likely is standing in Yucca, Az. They only get about 4-5 inches of rain per year, and the normal daily high temperatures during the summer average between 115-120 degrees. If you hear a driver joking around about "don't close your eyes or you'll miss the whole town", you would be approaching Yucca, Az.

I'm more shocked at anything that they would actually have internet service in that place. I'm not totally sure that they actually do, maybe the folks around there use their phones to get on the web, I don't know. They may also have satellite internet, as expensive as it may be.

My guess would be that Bob found his current girlfriend there and moved into her place. I guess you might consider it a good place to hide, although just about everybody in that tiny little town is going to know your name. It is surrounded by miles and miles of open desert, which of course is ALL BAD when it comes to finding these women.

View attachment 97572 View attachment 97573 View attachment 97574

View attachment 97575 View attachment 97576

Some people may get this confused with Yuma, Arizona which is actually a pretty good sized town.

Looks and sounds like a lovely town! :notgood:

If it's so tiny and everyone (all 10 of them) know each other, I wonder what alias he was using while living there. :waitasec:

Also, I'm not sure he found his 'current' girlfriend living there, as I believe I read that she was from California and then moved "home" once Bob was arrested.

Why isn't the woman who was impersonating the missing women also arrested? She was pretending to be someone else for a reason, like cashing the missing woman's social security checks.

View attachment 97572 View attachment 97573 View attachment 97574

View attachment 97575 View attachment 97576

I think this is the reason I've heard of Yucca - it's often mentioned as the hottest place in the country on certain days during the summer.

If it weren't for the weather it would be a great place to live.

It would be wonderful if someone from the area....just checking in here as a guest...would step forward and share any information that they have. There is no way that this guy was only involved in the cases that LE easily stumbled upon. If only we knew what alias's this guy used. Perhaps we could help other families who are missing their loved ones.

Please step forward and share what you know. We really are well-intentioned here on WS. (Of course, all things being equal, don't be shy to share what you know with LE first.)
:please:

Almost 20 different names attached to just one man. Authorities and associates believe he's a con artist. But take a closer look. Is Robert Carnochan just a common swindler? Or could this many-faced man be hiding something much more evil?

RLCMissingWomen.jpg

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...VhBsAKHfoTBJ44yAEQMwgwKBQwFA&bih=791&biw=1600

"We hope that anyone who sees the suspect's photographs and has had dealings with him will contact us," said Mohave County Chief Deputy Sheriff Rodney Head.

For now, Robert Carnochan is in jail on a $32,000 bond after pleading not guilty to all charges.

The Mohave County Sheriff's Department wants you to take a good hard look at Robert Carnochan because they believe there are more victims out there, people who may have been conned by him, or maybe even worse.

Contact the department at (928) 753-0753, or submit a tip to Crime Watch Daily. You can also call or text our toll-free number at (844) 800-CRIME.

Do we know what states he might all be connected to?

Almost 20 different names attached to just one man. Authorities and associates believe he's a con artist. But take a closer look. Is Robert Carnochan just a common swindler? Or could this many-faced man be hiding something much more evil?

View attachment 97803

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgu...VhBsAKHfoTBJ44yAEQMwgwKBQwFA&bih=791&biw=1600

Hi FromGermany, thanks for the link and pic of the "the man of many faces"!

"
When we started looking into Ray, we found that the name he was using was actually a stolen identity from an individual in the eastern part of the United States," said Mohave County Chief Deputy Sheriff Rodney Head.

That name was James Browning Wyeth, and the individual it belongs to is actually a famous painter in the art world.

"He was even using his real Social Security number and his date of birth," said Sharman. "So we reached out to the real James Wyeth, and he ended up filing some reports."

Authorities begin searching for the man of many aliases, knowing he could be anywhere from Mexico to Montana. Or he could be right next door.

"He was arrested on the 13th of April in Yucca, Arizona," said Daily Miner Reporter Doug McMurdo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back