AZ AZ - Phoenix, BlkFem 20-50, 794UFAZ, homeless, in burned car, Feb'97

This case seriously haunts me. I wonder for how long she's been a transient. The age gap of 20 to 50 years, that makes her born from 1947 to 1977.

I'm not American but how common is it for transients to move from state to state?

This case seriously haunts me. I wonder for how long she's been a transient. The age gap of 20 to 50 years, that makes her born from 1947 to 1977.

I'm not American but how common is it for transients to move from state to state?

As far as I know it's not very uncommon. I sure wish this lady is going to be identified the coming year.

Actually there was a new article on the DNA Doe Project Phoenix cases (they are working on three cases from Phoenix) and there was an update on Monique, her family is from Mississippi which is indeed far away from Phoenix, Arizona:

Through genealogical research, it was determined Monique’s family is African-American and from Mississippi.

“I have high hopes that her case is solvable once we find the right connections in her family tree,” Binder said.

Murdered Phoenix Man Identified After Nearly 40 Years — But Hundreds More are Waiting

Thinking of 'Monique'. Touching words by Mr. Stuart Somershoe, cold case detective with Phoenix Police Department.

Monique

Monique was also homeless when her partially-burned body was discovered inside a blue Honda Accord near North 24th and East Monroe Streets in early February 1997.

“Monique Jane Doe holds a special place in my heart because it was the first dead body I responded to as a young patrol officer,” Somershoe recalled.

Through genealogical research, it was determined Monique’s family is African-American and from Mississippi.

“I have high hopes that her case is solvable once we find the right connections in her family tree,” Binder < Cairenn Binder, genealogist> said.

Can somebody dig up the poster from DDP where it is stated that she had ties to Copiah County, Missouri @djanga, can you help me out here. Was it posted on their FB site?

Thinking of 'Monique'. Touching words by Mr. Stuart Somershoe, cold case detective with Phoenix Police Department.

Monique

Monique was also homeless when her partially-burned body was discovered inside a blue Honda Accord near North 24th and East Monroe Streets in early February 1997.

“Monique Jane Doe holds a special place in my heart because it was the first dead body I responded to as a young patrol officer,” Somershoe recalled.

“I have high hopes that her case is solvable once we find the right connections in her family tree,” Binder < Cairenn Binder, genealogist> said.

Can somebody dig up the poster from DDP where it is stated that she had ties to Copiah County, Missouri @djanga, can you help me out here. Was it posted on their FB site?
Here is the link to the post with the poster.

Attachments

• Monique.png
    Monique.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 8
@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this Jane Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Cairenn Binder spoke about Monique in tiktol, the appeal to people in Mississippi

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back