GUILTY AZ - Sex abuse probe after patient in vegetative state has baby, Phoenix, 29 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

The large group or 15 or more stuck out - I never see that many people visiting at one time at my fathers facility. By bus? I can’t see 15 or more coming from out of town and incurring hotel bills for a weekend. I’d never be able to get 15 members of my family to agree on the same date to visit - that’s for sure!

The large group or 15 or more stuck out - I never see that many people visiting at one time at my fathers facility. By bus? I can’t see 15 or more coming from out of town and incurring hotel bills for a weekend. I’d never be able to get 15 members of my family to agree on the same date to visit - that’s for sure!
I see that with certain cultures. Here, if the patient is Roma or Somali you will almost never have just two or three people visiting at the same time. It's a whole family affair. Those are the ones I'm familiar with, but I'm sure many other cultures do it, too.

The state needs to come in and clean house in this facility!
If this poor girl’s family only visited every few months, one can imagine the lack of care and treatment she received.

Are we to believe this patient was not bathed, clothes changed, positions changed several times a day, and no one noticed a tummy bump? IMO, it was a well known fact that was a guarded secret among her caretakers. Maybe her caretakers were threatened with being fired if they told of the pregnancy.

It is difficult to keep such an event quite in a place like this girl was. IMO.

Curiosity, who paid for the care of these patients? As strict as insurance companies are today, it is hard to imagine a regular insurance company paying the exuberant cost for all these years. Of course, her accident may have had a settlement which is paying the bill.

One other thing. How could a paraplegic give birth to a baby? A c-section seems the only way a baby could be birthed.

I am sure that the facility receives Disabled Medicaid benefits for each resident. These places are so criminal, they also take their Social Security benefits, as a "co-pay", leaving these folks with less than $20 a month.

You may think a gal with brain damage, in a coma, doesn't need money. Well, she may want a stuffed animal, a new soft robe, jammy pants, warm socks. And probably gets nothing decent.

I don't know how this baby survived. But it is more likely that he will have disabilities, due to the meds his Mother was on.

I see that with certain cultures. Here, if the patient is Roma or Somali you will almost never have just two or three people visiting at the same time. It's a whole family affair. Those are the ones I'm familiar with, but I'm sure many other cultures do it, too.

It's like that with Indigenous Australians as well.

The source says the victim had safety checks by a staffer every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day, and was never in her room alone when housekeepers were changing her sheets.

Source reveals new details about Hacienda patient who gave birth in vegetative state

Did they actually have checks every 15 minutes or is that just what was supposed to happen? They definitely need cameras in care facilities/ nursing homes. Maybe that would be a deterrent for this type of crime, as well as others, such as stealing.

Yes, same in India.

In hospitals relatives also stay whole days and over night, basically live there with their ill family member. They are never left alone. (An exception is the ICU.) It has its advantages and draw backs.

I’ve stayed many nights and days with my parents and other relatives in the hospital, even when they were in the ER (for lack of rooms) and in ICU.
When transferred to a facility, we split it up with others so everyone wasn’t there at once, unless it was a critical care facility.

I can see it’s advantages - I was just thinking back how hard it was to coordinate with my relatives with everyone working and getting off work, my parents would love a group visit!

The source says the victim had safety checks by a staffer every 15 minutes, 24 hours a day, and was never in her room alone when housekeepers were changing her sheets.

Source reveals new details about Hacienda patient who gave birth in vegetative state

If what this person is saying is true then my first thought after reading this is I wonder if it was someone who came to visit her? If you think about it they would probably get more time alone with her than anyone else would.

Since the Mom is identified as a San Carlos Apache, I wondered if perhaps her family lives on a reservation & are far from Phoenix. If you've never lived in the West, you may not understand just how wide-open the wide-open spaces can be.

With Google as my witness, the San Carlos Apache Nation is about 2 hours east of the Hacienda Health Care location.

Apache Nation - Nde Nation

In the West, that's not far.

YMMV JMHO LRR

Heck it can take an hour and a half to get from one side of the city to the other in rush hour traffic. An hour and a half to the airport too. So, not far - I wouldn’t do it after a day of work but certainly doable on a weekend. Maybe they live further away and come by bus? Sounds more like a group bus trip?

A Florida mother has filed a lawsuit against a company operating a Pensacola health care facility, claiming that her severely disabled, wheelchair-bound 23-year-old daughter was raped and impregnated there.

The civil complaint filed on Tuesday in the First Judicial Circuit Court in Escambia County names as defendants the National Mentor Health Care and three individuals officials.

According to the lawsuit, which seeks $15,000 in damages, the victim, identified only by her initials, 'JEC,' lived at National Mentor Health Care's Pensacola Cluster facility between September 28, 2010 and February 7, 2018.

Lawsuit claims disabled woman was raped and impregnated at health care facility | Daily Mail Online

I’m really shocked by how little the damages being sought are. Usually U.S lawsuits I see are seeking huge amounts.

A Florida mother has filed a lawsuit against a company operating a Pensacola health care facility, claiming that her severely disabled, wheelchair-bound 23-year-old daughter was raped and impregnated there.

The civil complaint filed on Tuesday in the First Judicial Circuit Court in Escambia County names as defendants the National Mentor Health Care and three individuals officials.

According to the lawsuit, which seeks $15,000 in damages, the victim, identified only by her initials, 'JEC,' lived at National Mentor Health Care's Pensacola Cluster facility between September 28, 2010 and February 7, 2018.

Lawsuit claims disabled woman was raped and impregnated at health care facility | Daily Mail Online

I’m really shocked by how little the damages being sought are. Usually U.S lawsuits I see are seeking huge amounts.
RBBM
Shocked is right. I still think it could be a typo. Because $15K? She needs a better attorney.

We did this as a large group in my mother’s final days before she died-I know for a fact that the nursing home employees where she
died were irritated by it, too

If what this person is saying is true then my first thought after reading this is I wonder if it was someone who came to visit her? If you think about it they would probably get more time alone with her than anyone else would.

I wonder, if all current male employees are eliminated via DNA testing, what will be done? Can they require former employees to be DNA tested? And would they have some sort of system where people who visited at the time she likely became pregnant would have had to sign a register as a visitor?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back