AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

fmw do we know if she was sexually assaulted? Was there DNA left on her?

Next will be the version he told his 7-month pregnant girlfriend...

So far, this guy sounds like another real winner. :furious: Was he ever charged with anything in connection to this UID case?

fmw do we know if she was sexually assaulted? Was there DNA left on her?

Don't know. A kit was taken , but I didn't see where any results were listed. However, the officer's report mentions a whitish dried (possibly body) fluid on her jeans.

So far, this guy sounds like another real winner. :furious: Was he ever charged with anything in connection to this UID case?

I'll have to read through again, but I think the newspaper said he wasn't, because "it's not illegal to drive someone to buy drugs"...

I'm wondering if he wasn't charged with something else too, since he admitted to dragging her out of the car while she was od'ing and leaving her in a parking lot.:eek:

Her fingerprints run through AZAFIS - no matches.
Fingerprints from the cd case found near her match the driver's (ET) girlfriend (who was not in the car). We'll call her MV.

Fingerprints sent to INS to compare with known detainees that had been fingerprinted - no matches.

"I ENTERED THE SOUTH PARKING LOT OF THE INDUSTRIAL BUSINESSES TO CONTACT DET SGT Pxxxxxx. I OBSERVED A FEMALE LAYING ON THE SIDEWALK TO THE REAR OF THE GOLF STORE. THE VICTIM WAS LAYING FACE UP. I COULD SEE THAT SHE WAS WEARING A RED TOP AND BLUE JEANS. TWO BLACK COLORED ITEMS WERE LAYING NEAR THE BODY. THE AREA WHERE THE VICTIM WAS LOCATED WAS ON A SIDEWALK DIRECTLY NORTH OF THE REAR OF THE STORE. THE SIDEWALK WAS CONCRETE WHILE THE PARKING LOT SURFACE WAS ASPHALT. THE VICTIM WAS LAYING WITH HER HEAD TO THE WEST AND HER FEET TO THE EAST. THE MAJORITY OF THE VICTIM'S BODY WAS ON THE SIDEWALK, HOWEVER SHE WAS PARTIALLY ON THE ASPHALT. "

AT 0730 HRS I WAS BRIEFED ON THE INVESTIGATION BY DET SGT Pxxxxx. HE STATED THAT ON 4-27-02 AT APPROX 0540 HRS A WORKER, AT ONE OF THE INDUSTRIAL BUSINESSES, LOCATED THE VICTIM BEHIND THE GOLF STORE. SGT Pxxxxxx ADVISED THAT THE WITNESS WAS BEING INTERVIEWED BY DET Kxxxx. SGT Pxxxxxxx SAID THAT THE WITNESS APPROACHED THE VICTIM (APPROX 3 FEET AWAY) AND FELT THAT SHE WAS DECEASED. BASED ON THAT HE CALLED 911. Pxxxxxxx FURTHER ADVISED THAT THE WITNESS HAD+LEFT WORK ON 4-26-02 AT APPROX 1830 HRS. AT THAT TIME THERE WAS ONE OTHER WORKER STILL PRESENT IN THE SHOPPING CENTER. THE WITNESS ADVISED THAT THEY LEFT THE AREA. NO OTHER PEOPLE OR VEHICLES WERE PRESENT AT THAT TIME. AT 0740 HRS I APPROACHED THE VICTIM FROM THE NORTH (INDUSTRIAL AREA). I OBSERVED THAT THE VICTIM'S CLOTHING WAS IN DISARRAY. THE RED SHIRT WAS A HALTER TUBE TOP STYLE. THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE SHIRT WAS DISPLACED EXPOSING THE RIGHT BREAST. THE VICTIM'S BLUE JEANS WERE SECURED VIA A ZIPPER ON HER LEFT SIDE, HOWEVER THE JEANS WERE PULLED DOWN SEVERAL INCHES FROM THE WAIST. THE CONDITION OF THE JEANS CAUSED THE VICTIM'S PANTIES TO BE EXPOSED. THE PANTIES WERE DARK BLUE COLOR.

The victim was wearing white crew style socks that were soiled on the bottom, she had a black slip on style shoe on her left foot. The right foot did not have a shoe. However one of the items in the parking lot (previously mentioned) was a right shoe, that appeared to be a match for the shoe on the victim's left foot.

The victim was wearing white crew style socks that were soiled on the bottom, she had a black slip on style shoe on her left foot. The right foot did not have a shoe. However one of the items in the parking lot (previously mentioned) was a right shoe, that appeared to be a match for the shoe on the victim's left foot.

So she walked to the parking lot. Right?

Can we get back to the rape kit??? And the fluid?? Do they need some help digging it out and processing it, 'cause we could start a letter writing campaign.
:mad:

THE OTHER ITEM IN THE PARKING LOT WAS A CANVAS ZIPPERED BAG. THE STYLE OF THE BAG WAS CONSISTENT WITH A CONTAINER FOR CDs. UPON CLOSER EXAMINATION THE VICTIM SHE APPPEARED TO BE HISPANIC OR NATIVE AMERICAN. SHE APPEARED TO BE 15-22 YRS OF AGE. NO OBVIOUS SIGNS OF TRAUMA COULD BE SEEN.

I DID NOTE THAT SHE HAD A SCAR ON THE NIPPLE OF THE EXPOSED RIGHT BREAST. IN ADDITION I OBSERVED A WHITEISH DRIED STAIN ON THE VICTIM'S JEANS IN THE AREA OF HER RIGHT INNER THIGH. NO OTHER OBVIOUS ITEMS OF EVIDENCE WERE NOTED AT THAT TIME. IN CHECKING THE PARKING LOTS OF THE BUSINESS I MADE THE FOLLLOWING OBSERVATIONS. THERE WERE NUMEROUS BOXES (BROKEN DOWN) NEAR THE REAR DOOR OF THE BUSINESS. THIS DOOR WAS SITUATED ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE BUILDING NEAR THE WESTSIDE OF THE BUILDING. NUMEROUS BOXES WERE LOCATED WITHIN THE PARKING LOTS. THESE BOXES WERE IN BOTH THE NORTH AND EAST LOTS OF THE BUSINESS. I CHECKED THE LABELS AND MARKINGS ON THE BOXES. THE INFORMATION WAS CONSISTENT WITH THE GOLF STORE OR WITH GOLF MERCHANDISE.

AT 0830 HRS I WAS CONTACTED BY BK. AT THAT TIME I WAS STANDING OUTSIDE OF THE CRIME SCENE, WHEN BK APPROACHED ME ON FOOT. HE ADVISED THAT HE MAY HAVE INFORMATION REGARDING THE VICTIM. BK EXPLAINED THAT HE WORKS AT SG LOCATED AT *advertiser censored* S HACIENDA. THIS BUSINESS IS LOCATED NORTH OF THE GOLF STORE AND ON THE WESTSIDE OF THE STREET. HE SAID THAT AT 05 19 AM HE TOOK THE #30 BUS FROM lsT ST. AND ROBSON IN MESA. HE GOT OFF THE BUS BETWEEN 0530-0540 HRS IN THE 1900 BLOCK OF E UNIVERSITY IN TEMPE. BK HAD BROUGHT HIS BIKE WITH HIM ON THE BUS RIDE. AFTER GETTING OFF THE BUS, HE RODE HIS BIKE THE REMAINDER OF THE WAY TO HIS JOB.

AT THAT TIME BK STATED THAT HE DID NOT KNOW IF THE VICTIM WAS PRESENT BEHIND THE GOLF STORE WHEN HE RODE THROUGH THE LOT. HE EXPLAINED THAT THE SEAT ON HIS BIKE WAS BROKEN, CAUSING IT TO BE UNSECURED. HE ADDED THAT WHILE RIDING THE BIKE HE WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO HIS SURROUNDINGS. BK SAID THAT HE WAS CONCERNEiD ABOUT THE SEAT AND WATCHING THE PATH IN FRONT OF HIM. BK SHOWED ME HIS BIKE. THE SEAT ON THE BIKE WAS MISSING A BOLT FOR THE BRACKET WHICH KEEPS THE SEAT FROM SPINNING. UPON REACHING HIS WORK, BK GOT OFF HIS BIKE TO READ THE NEWSPAPER AND WAIT FOR HIS EMPLOYER TO ARRIVE. AT THAT TIME HE OBSERVED A NEWER BLUE OR SILVER MINI VAN PARKED IN THE SOUTH LOT OF HIS WORK. THE VEHICLE WAS IN THE 8" OR 9TH SPACE WEST OF HACIENDA. HE ADDED THAT THE VEHICLE WAS PARKED FACING S/B. I STOOD AT THE LOCATION POINTED OUT BY BK. BOTH SPACES HAD A VIEW OF THE REAR PARKING LOT OF THE GOLF STORE. HOWEVER THE VICTIM WAS NOT VISIBLE FROM THAT LOCATION DUE TO A RETAINING WALL AROUND THE LOT. BK ADVISED THAT HE OBSERVED AT LEAST ONE SUBJECT IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT OF THE VAN. HE WAS UNSURE BUT FELT THAT THERE MAY HAVE BEEN A SECOND SUBJECT IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT. HE STATED THAT THE VAN HAD NO DISTINGUISHING FEATURES, AND THAT HE DID NOT GET THE LICENSE PLATE NUMBER. BK DESCRIBED THE DRIVER AS A LIGHT SKINNED MALE, APPROX 50 YEARS OF AGE WITH BALDING HAIR. HE COULD GIVE NO FURTHER DESCRIPTION, EXPLAINING THAT THE WINDOWS ON THE VAN WERE TINTED. BK SAID THAT ALMOST IMMEDIATELY UPON HIS ARRIVAL AT THE BUSINESS. THE VAN STARTED UP AND LEFT. HE EXPLAINED THAT THE VAN BACKED OUT OF THE SPACE AND PROCEEDED E/B OUT TO HACIENDA. THE PATH OF THE VAN TOOK IT DIRECTLY PAST BK. AS THE VAN PASSED HIM, THE DRIVER WAVED AT HIM. BK FELT THAT HIS ARRIVAL HAD INTERRUPTED THE ACTIVITIES WITHTN THE VAN. BK COULD NOT RECALL IF THE VAN TURNED N/B OR S/B ON HACIENDA.

BK STATED THAT THERE IS A TRANSIENT WHO HANGS OUT ON THE N/W CORNER OF HACIENDA AND UNIVERSITY EVERY MORNING. ON THIS DAY HE OBSERVED THE TRANSIENT WALKING S/B (WITH A GROCERY CART) ON HACIENDA TOWARD UNIVERSITY. HE GAVE THE TRANSIENT A DOLLAR, AND THE TRANSIENT CONTINUED SIB. BK ADVISED THAT THE TRANSIENT WAS CONTACTED BY POLICE OFFICERS THAT HAD ARRIVED AT THE GOLF STORE. After interviewing bk i contacted the maricopa county medical examiner's office. I advised them of the investigation and requested that they respond to the scene. Being that there was no obvious trauma, the cause of death was unkown. I requested they respond prior to the victim being moved. At approx 0845 hrs dd of the maricopa county medical examiner's office arrived at the scene. At that time the victim's body was examined. For further details see det k's original report. It should be noted that prints were obtained from the victim's left hand for identification purposes. While securing the victim in a body bag, no trauma was observed to her back. Additional stains were observed on her jeans.

AT APPROX 0920 HRS I OBSERVED A W/F ON A BIKE OUTSIDE OF THE CRIME SCENE. I CONTACTED THE SUBJECT WHO IDENTIFIED HERSELF AS CS. CS ADVISED THAT SHE WAS VERY FAMILIAR WITH SUBJECTS WHO LIVED IN THE AREA. SHE INQUIRED IF THE SUBJECT WAS THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED TRANSIENT. I ADVISED HER THAT THE VICTIM WAS A FEMALE. IN ADDITION I DESCRIBED THE VICTIM TO HER. SHE STATED THAT THE DESCRIPTION WAS NOT FAMILIAR TO HER. SHE HAD NFI. AFTER THE VICTIM WAS REMOVED FROM THE SCENE BY THE MEDICAL EXAMINER'S OFFICE, I PROCEEDED TO THE TEMPE PD ID LAB. AT THAT LOCATION I CONTACTED ID TECHs K AND F. THEY HAD ENTERED THE VICTIM'S PRINTS INTO AFIS. THIS LATER RETURNED WITH NEGATIVE RESULTS. IN ADDITION I OBTAINED A COPIES OF A DIGITAL PHOTO OF THE VICTIM'S FACE. A COPY OF THIS PHOTO WAS LATER GIVEN TO DET K. ON 4-27-02 AT APPROX 1120 HRS I PROCEEDED TO XXXX E DON CARLOS #*advertiser censored* TO CONTACT CS. THERE WAS NO ANSWER AT THE DOOR. I CONTACTED THE MGR OF THE COMPLEX. HE WAS NOT FAMILIAR WITH CS' NAME AND ADVISED THAT UNIT #*advertiser censored* WAS VACANT. HE DID STATE THAT HE HAS NUMEROUS RESIDENTS THAT ARE LIVING WITH OTHERS. IN ADDITION RESIDENTS FREQUENTLY SWITCH APARTMENTS. HE VIEWED THE PHOTO OF THE VICTIM'S FACE. HE DID NOT RECOGNIZE THE VICTIM.

Nope, They dumped her there after she was od'ing...

Hopefully I'll have some time in a couple of hours to post more of the report...

but the bottom of her sock was dirty? As if she was walking sock foot? Just me being dense, FMW...

but the bottom of her sock was dirty? As if she was walking sock foot? Just me being dense, FMW...

From the time they left her there until the time she was found, she could have gotten up & tried to walk - the other shoe was found in the lot, but not right next to her.

Thanks, FMW...

Have you guys tried sending a composite of the photo to:
http://www.standupforkids.org/local/Arizona/Phoenix/index.html

They do outreach for street kids and sex trafficking victims. I approached them in the Tawni Lee case and they were awesome-they want to be a resource for LE for missing children/sex trafficking/ uid's because they have such a huge network and they are well known.

Faith Glick is the director I would contact...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back