AZ AZ - Tempe, HispFem, UP1987, 15-19, hitchhiking, overdose, Apr'02

I have been sleuthing around for a while about this poor girl, glad someone posted a thread on her. She looks Native American to me. Perhaps Navajo? I've met quite a few Navajo people who lived in AJ (Apache Junction), that'd come to Phoenix, especially when I used to party a lot. Doesn't qualify as a reservation though. Desert Shadow/Thunder Mountain are the middle schools and Apache Junction High School is the only high school there, plus one charter school. I will see what I can find. Other than that, I wonder how hard it'd be to see what reservation family may be looking for her?..

I have been sleuthing around for a while about this poor girl, glad someone posted a thread on her. She looks Native American to me. Perhaps Navajo? I've met quite a few Navajo people who lived in AJ (Apache Junction), that'd come to Phoenix, especially when I used to party a lot. Doesn't qualify as a reservation though. Desert Shadow/Thunder Mountain are the middle schools and Apache Junction High School is the only high school there, plus one charter school. I will see what I can find. Other than that, I wonder how hard it'd be to see what reservation family may be looking for her?..

Hiya Vash! :blowkiss: I've been sleuthing for this girl for a while also. But honestly, it doesn't seem likely her family would be searching for her if they kicked her out! I'm hoping for a sibling or another family member - other than the mother who kicked her out! Like you, I tend to believe she is NA. Such a lovely girl. How can NO ONE be looking for her??? :furious:

Hiya Vash! :blowkiss: I've been sleuthing for this girl for a while also. But honestly, it doesn't seem likely her family would be searching for her if they kicked her out! I'm hoping for a sibling or another family member - other than the mother who kicked her out! Like you, I tend to believe she is NA. Such a lovely girl. How can NO ONE be looking for her??? :furious:

She is a lovely girl. It is pretty upsetting. Almost feels like Tawni's case all over again, except we learned that Tawni did have a family who loved and missed her. And I'm sure this young lady has someone missing her, too. I wonder who the guy was that she hitchhiked with. Cocaine is a pretty expensive drug, I wonder if she did it regularly..

She is a lovely girl. It is pretty upsetting. Almost feels like Tawni's case all over again, except we learned that Tawni did have a family who loved and missed her. And I'm sure this young lady has someone missing her, too. I wonder who the guy was that she hitchhiked with. Cocaine is a pretty expensive drug, I wonder if she did it regularly..

Well, I'm not sure she has a "loving" family searching for her. I'm sincerely hoping there is an extended family member searching...

Well, I'm not sure she has a "loving" family searching for her. I'm sincerely hoping there is an extended family member searching...

Yes, SOMEONE is bound to know and miss her.. definitely not the parents, though, from what it seems..

Also--do we know what concert she was getting tickets for? If she was going to Tempe for tickets, she may have been going to get tickets at Gammage Auditorium or the Marquis Theatre. I will research that...

At the Gammage - 4/27 Ellen Degeneres, 4/30-5/5 RENT

It has been over six years. I think its about time we looked at the police report and see what LE left out.

Sorry....keep forgetting to pick up the money order.:bang:

A band called the One Foot in the Grave played at a place called Jugheads in Phoenix, on May 24th. Jugheads is located at 5110 E Mcdowell Rd Phoenix, AZ. The place plays punk/alt/metal rock music.

OMG--I just researched this band--they call themselves the oldest punk band in the world! Here is their info--they seem to be a really popular band, with a history of lots of tour dates throught Phoenix, Tempe, etc, but they ARE old (at least for punk music!) What a riot! I will keep looking...
http://www.onefoot.com/

Whether she was buying concert tickets or drugs, she obviously had some $$$. My question is, did her mom give her money when she said "get out" or did she earn it some other way??? I would really love to know how long she had been on her own. ...

Something to consider...most concerts these days require you to purchase the tickets several monthes in advance, so she could have been purchasing the tickets for a date in the near future of that time, up to six monthes in advance??

The Guns N Roses were supposed to play America West Arena (now USairways center) Dec 22, 2002, but for some reason the concert was cancelled at a later date before the concert.

Jimmy Buffet played Cricket Pavilon Oct 1st.

Melissa Etheredge played Mesa Amphitheatre Aug 18th.

She could have been going to the Mesa Amphitheatre too...

There are probably so many concerts throughout Phoenix, it may be really hard to figure out where she was going, unless there is something more specific in the police report, when they interviewed the guy who picked her up. Also, how do we know she was a habitual drug user--we only have the word of the guy who was with her. Maybe he purposely drugged her? Maybe she was a drug user, but the guy knew her well?

before i joined here i looked for this girl. i had pages of missing girls she looks a lot like but had no idea what to do with them. glad to see i wasn't the only that was looking.
terri

i have a question do we know if the cocaine she was buying was crack or powered cocaine?

theyaremissed site...

The words ***** RECOVERED ***** above the name field.:eek:

Now does that refer to the web page (they were down a few days ago) or has this one been solved? I sent an email to the Tempe Police and to Det. Lancaster just waiting for a reply.

Wow, this is exciting! I hope they are able to give her back her name!

I would think that if she was talking about getting thrown out it had probably happened recently. I've worked with adjudicated youth in the past and ran across many apathetic parents on the reservations. It's a cultural thing. I can see some mother just waiting for the daughter come home...

theyaremissed site...

The words ***** RECOVERED ***** above the name field.:eek:

Now does that refer to the web page (they were down a few days ago) or has this one been solved? I sent an email to the Tempe Police and to Det. Lancaster just waiting for a reply.

If you search for unidentified people on NCMA, her picture is no longer there. I hope they get back to you soon.

I'm still waiting for a reply from them and Tempe Police. Meanwhile, Det. Lancaster called, but couldn't get an answer to what that meant either.:eek:

He also said Florinda Lopez is not a match. (by DNA)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back