Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe MS was involved from the beginning as well, given all that we know about him. I want to see an M1 conviction. But the jury doesn’t have an easy task ahead of them. They can’t base their decision on anything other than the facts and the evidence presented in this trial. DM and MS likely spoke about the plan to murder LB in person, face to face with no evidence. MS helped with the procurement of a firearm, but we don’t even know how LB was killed. The testimony of the boys in the garage is good, but they also conflict one another. There’s the testing of the incinerator with something wet and boney, but that was after the fact. I like that MS doesn’t question DM when told to not be outside on the 3rd, but is that enough to convict?

Most of us thought MM would be the smoking gun linking MS to the planned murder of LB, but she wasn’t. She did well, but she didn’t know enough. So what else is there? On another page it was stated by a credible source that AM will be testifying. I’m also wondering if the redacted portions of the jailhouse letters will be brought into evidence. But will any of this further implement MS?

I’m wondering what other folks here think will be brought forward next week by the crown. Any thoughts?

Whenever I have an inkling of doubt I just need to replay the rap video and see what a smug, soulless murderer he his.

They are both guilty, and if MS squeaks through on a lesser charge, it won't be because he is innocent, but because there wasn't quite enough to convict.

LB's life And justice for her death is needed. if he gets off on accessory or similar, it will feel wrong to me. MS is an evil and conscience less person.

I think AM may testify next week. he did ask DM by text "What'd you do?" after LB was missing. He may have also spoken to DM and can add more information.

Yesterday they brought up the Yukon when DM was arrested through the TB case. There were tweets about some of the contents of the Yukon. The orange bag with the file folder came up. I'll have to go back and look but was there not a brief time the jury was sent out here and when they started up again there was no more mention of the Yukon. I wonder if the orange bag was LB's

Looking at the video it appears AM sends the article about LB missing to DM and then DM asks "what'd you do?!" Which is not how it was tweeted out by reporters.

This video looks like MS got punched in the mouth and he shows it on Ipad. (DM was gone on his trip)
What the Jury Say: Laura Babcock Trial - "iPad Use After July 3" #15
[video=youtube;rkrOB3hkrU0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrOB3hkrU0[/video]

I think we have the text exchange between Michalski and Millard wrong.

AM sends photo of Laura to DM

DM texts back: What you'd do?!

Strange reply.

AM texts: You told me the only way to make her *advertiser censored*

DM text: you asked me if I minded if you

DM text: that was the last time I heard of her

So when was that? And why the reply "what you'd do?" What is that supposed to mean?

So in August Kinks was warning DM that there is sexting messages that Megan knew about between LB and himself. hmm?
Mob Reporter Video #14
[video=youtube;P9KX1bb_Hyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9KX1bb_Hyo[/video]

He could still try to use it as an alibi by deleting / not showing tarp pic to say...someone asking like SL or other friends.
Inspector_North, DM did text SS on July 4 9:31 am - about paycheques as well. Then again at 9:39 to say it would be a shorter visit (not the entire day). Hopefully the jury will ask why, if he wasn't planning to stay long, did he pose for this photo. It couldn't have been to provide an alibi because the next photo he took was of the tarp. More likely just thought he looked good that day. ?

It should changed to "not guilty till proven guilty". Innocent? I don't think so.
Being handed a life sentence is the worst it can get here. It use to be a huge burden when someone's actual life was on the line.

I looked up definitions of reasonable doubt & found this in wiki:

“There can still be a doubt, but only to the extent that it would not affect a reasonable person's belief regarding whether or not the defendant is guilty.”

I also looked up circumstantial evidence in proving guilt and it states:

“Circumstantial evidence is based on reasoning and inference-drawing through probability.[3] The judge must apply logic, common sense and experience to the evidence. They must consider the inherent probabilities and improbabilities, frequently eliminating the possibility of coincidence.”

I think the circumstantial evidence in this case is strong and I am leaning towards MS being guilty as well as DM.

So in August Kinks was warning DM that there is sexting messages that Megan knew about between LB and himself. hmm?

Reads to me like she's asking if it's true and asking about him cheating on her rather than warning him.

The part that gets me questioning here is the if you part. If you what?
I think we have the text exchange between Michalski and Millard wrong.

AM sends photo of Laura to DM

DM texts back: What you'd do?!

Strange reply.

AM texts: You told me the only way to make her *advertiser censored*

DM text: you asked me if I minded if you

DM text: that was the last time I heard of her

So when was that? And why the reply "what you'd do?" What is that supposed to mean?

Whenever I have an inkling of doubt I just need to replay the rap video and see what a smug, soulless murderer he his.

Oh, I hear you. That rap is bold and cocky and makes him look like the criminal he is.

I don’t doubt his involvement. What I doubt is if the crown has proven his involvement beyond a reasonable doubt to the jury. It’s concerning.

The part that gets me questioning here is the if you part. If you what?

Why would AM make reference to sex with Laura when she's been missing for weeks? I'm thinking AM asked DM if it was OK if he could mess around with Laura?

I hate how DM phrases his questions. He states them as a statement and then puts an inflection at the end or a question mark. Argh. e.g. You find me sketchy? Now it's "what you'd do?" WTH is that supposed to mean? What would YOU do?

I think AM may testify next week. he did ask DM by text "What'd you do?" after LB was missing. He may have also spoken to DM and can add more information.

Yesterday they brought up the Yukon when DM was arrested through the TB case. There were tweets about some of the contents of the Yukon. The orange bag with the file folder came up. I'll have to go back and look but was there not a brief time the jury was sent out here and when they started up again there was no more mention of the Yukon. I wonder if the orange bag was LB's
So I just rewatched that Mob Reporter video and it looks like DM is the one asking "what'd you do" after AM sends the news report. See attached screenshot.
It looks like we may have the convo backwards?? Or am I misunderstanding the slide?
71e045460b08de1e647f9f4b559cbb9d.jpg

Edit: wow I should have kept reading, you guys are way ahead of me lol

So I just rewatched that Mob Reporter video and it looks like DM is the one asking "what'd you do" after AM sends the news report. See attached screenshot.
It looks like we may have the convo backwards?? Or am I misunderstanding the slide?
71e045460b08de1e647f9f4b559cbb9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Yep a few of us have noticed that too.

Why would AM make reference to sex with Laura when she's been missing for weeks? I'm thinking AM asked DM if it was OK if he could mess around with Laura?

I hate how DM phrases his questions. He states them as a statement and then puts an inflection at the end or a question mark. Argh. e.g. You find me sketchy? Now it's "what you'd do?" WTH is that supposed to mean? What would YOU do?

Good catch. I read it as "what DID you do" but that's not what it says.

I'm going to assume it's a typo, but you never know...

Yep a few of us have noticed that too.
Are there any texts we've seen between AM and DM where AM asks anything along the lines of DM "minding if [he]" in regards to LB?

I thought AM sent the missing person ad with the comment "what did yo do?" from AM to DM.

IMO his "what'd you do?!" text to AM is a shot a humour.

AM sends him info the Laura is missing and he responds "what'd you do?" in a joking manner. Minimizing the disappearance. Making it appear that he thinks it's not urgent and no big deal. Lots of people would make this attempt to be funny. It's especially not funny from the guy who actually knows where she is.

Just more non chalant cover up by DM.

AM's attempt at humour in response is chilling in hindsight.

MOO

Also wondering if some of these texts were overwritten and therefore not retrieved by the Celebrite program. Seems to be something missing between those two last DM texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne