Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are confusing but
from AM-picture
to AM- question what you'd do?!( from DM?)
from AM only way to make her...
to AM if i minded
So I just rewatched that Mob Reporter video and it looks like DM is the one asking "what'd you do" after AM sends the news report. See attached screenshot.
It looks like we may have the convo backwards?? Or am I misunderstanding the slide?
71e045460b08de1e647f9f4b559cbb9d.jpg

Edit: wow I should have kept reading, you guys are way ahead of me lol

IMO his "what'd you do?!" text to AM is a shot a humour.

AM sends him info the Laura is missing and he responds "what'd you do?" in a joking manner. Minimizing the disappearance. Making it appear that he thinks it's not urgent and no big deal. Lots of people would make this attempt to be funny. It's not funny from the guy who actually knows where she is.

Just more non chalant cover up by DM.

AM's attempt at humour in response is chilling in hindsight.

MOO

Except he wrote "what you'd do?!" Not "what'd you do?!" See the difference? DM is a confusing guy. Maybe that's what he meant to write.

I think we have the text exchange between Michalski and Millard wrong.

AM sends photo of Laura to DM

DM texts back: What you'd do?!

Strange reply.
<snip>
So when was that? And why the reply "what you'd do?" What is that supposed to mean?

<snip>
I hate how DM phrases his questions. He states them as a statement and then puts an inflection at the end or a question mark. Argh. e.g. You find me sketchy? Now it's "what you'd do?" WTH is that supposed to mean? What would YOU do?

Good catch. I read it as "what DID you do" but that's not what it says.

I'm going to assume it's a typo, but you never know...

RBBM & RSBM

The picture of Laura is the "missing" poster. Maybe the meaning is "What would you do?"

Suppose AM knows something about DM and LB. He is DM's buddy and they've been talking. I don't know what DM may have said - maybe something he shared that AM would believe he wouldn't want to share with the authorities (because it was degenerate, disgusting, illegal, self-incriminating? who knows). So AM sends the missing poster, and DM responds to his buddy who thinks he knows the story: what would you do if you were in my shoes?

All MOO. And I hope AM is going to testify.

Except he wrote "what you'd do?!" Not "what'd you do?!" See the difference? DM is a confusing guy. Maybe that's what he meant to write.

Judging by the AM response, I absolutely believe that's what he intended to type.

RBBM & RSBM

The picture of Laura is the "missing" poster. Maybe the meaning is "What would you do?"

Suppose AM knows something about DM and LB. He is DM's buddy and they've been talking. I don't know what DM may have said - maybe something he shared that AM would believe he wouldn't want to share with the authorities (because it was degenerate, disgusting, illegal, self-incriminating? who knows). So AM sends the missing poster, and DM responds to his buddy who thinks he knows the story: what would you do if you were in my shoes?

All MOO. And I hope AM is going to testify.

I looked back but can't find the text exchange between DM and AM but I recall it was AM asking if DM minded if he messed around with LB and DM shared the only way to make her *advertiser censored*. Will have to do more looking back through trial tweets but I thought it was that LB liked it rough and something about choking.
So, I agree DM's text "What you'd do?!" means What would you do?
AM reminds DM that he had told him about LB and the choking by texting back - you told me the only way to make her *advertiser censored* - inferring that DM may have met up with her and choked her.

MOO

Ok that is totally confusing - I was reading it wrong every time - even after my from: to: bit. ahhh! So crazy thought here but is asphyxiation a sexual thing? (heard some people do something with that in some way) (!) any way it would explain no gun shot heard. The confusing thing is the way the texts are ordered almost sounds like they are taking the fall for AM - weird.

Strange reply.

AM texts: You told me the only way to make her *advertiser censored*

DM text: you asked me if I minded if you

DM text: that was the last time I heard of her

So when was that? And why the reply "what you'd do?" What is that supposed to mean?

Looking at the video it appears AM sends the article about LB missing to DM and then DM asks "what'd you do?!" Which is not how it was tweeted out by reporters.

Yes. Thank you. I was certain that was how I'd read them in court, and have been thoroughly confused by the discussion citing it in reverse.

And to Matou - the texts have had content redacted, which makes the message muddled. Overall, however, IMO it's nothing more than DM deflecting, and making light of the news of Laura's disappearance for his own benefit.

I'm trying to find the info r.e. Laura and rough sex. I think it's when she and SL broke up and she was texting DM. There was a text about wanting to get laid.

Found this:

11-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Kamille
user-offline.png
Shine bright like a diamond

Join DateMay 2009Posts15,439​

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"Don't get me wrong, it would be fun, I don't want the drama that would come with it. And that's several tonnes of drama." #Millard says to #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 48s49 seconds ago
The two continue to talk about their recent sexual encounter. #Millard #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
"I want you to hurt me as you F me. Smiley face." Det. Sgt. Falconer is reading these all out. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner&#8207; @HefCHCHNews 30s31 seconds ago
#Millard suggests #LauraBabcock have sex with someone else and pretend it's him. "I don't get you at all," she tells him.

Seeing some sexually explicit texts between Millard and Babcock. Babcock's father wiped away some tears. They're having a hard time with this.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

All the texts had been deleted off MIllard's device, but recovered.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

"This breakup thing has made me very depressed," Babcock says in another message, asking about pot.
by Adam Carter 2:29 PM

This has to be the correct exchange. Thanks Kamille as per your name again like a diamond.
IMO his "what'd you do?!" text to AM is a shot a humour.

AM sends him info the Laura is missing and he responds "what'd you do?" in a joking manner. Minimizing the disappearance. Making it appear that he thinks it's not urgent and no big deal. Lots of people would make this attempt to be funny. It's especially not funny from the guy who actually knows where she is.

Just more non chalant cover up by DM.

AM's attempt at humour in response is chilling in hindsight.

MOO

Strange reply.

AM texts: You told me the only way to make her *advertiser censored*

DM text: you asked me if I minded if you

DM text: that was the last time I heard of her

If that's how it went, I think DM was afraid AM might have gone to authorities. Then AM reveals his suspicion of possible strangling perhaps?
DM responds with veiled implication that AM wanted her and she was never heard of again. This can make AM reluctant to go to authorities. Because he fears he was the last contact, suspect. mOO
Wow, who would think an apostrophe d would make so much difference!
It's possible DM is a sloppy texter. I can't believe he'd admit to anything.

<modsnip>These guys, the whole group of them, are pigs IMO.

<modsnip> I agree these boys are pigs. The fact that AM texts about Laura in that way grosses me out, and how they all mess around with each other in an incestuous passing around of each other's boyfriends and girlfriends.

Oh, I hear you. That rap is bold and cocky and makes him look like the criminal he is.

I don&#8217;t doubt his involvement. What I doubt is if the crown has proven his involvement beyond a reasonable doubt to the jury. It&#8217;s concerning.

I hope somebody explains probability statistics to the jury like last time <modsnip>

This rings so true as well. Yuck they are all more than sketchy
If that's how it went, I think DM was afraid AM might have gone to authorities. Then AM reveals his suspicion of possible strangling perhaps?
DM responds with veiled implication that AM wanted her and she was never heard of again. This can make AM reluctant to go to authorities. Because he fears he was the last contact, suspect. mOO

I looked up definitions of reasonable doubt & found this in wiki:

“There can still be a doubt, but only to the extent that it would not affect a reasonable person's belief regarding whether or not the defendant is guilty.”

I also looked up circumstantial evidence in proving guilt and it states:

“Circumstantial evidence is based on reasoning and inference-drawing through probability.[3] The judge must apply logic, common sense and experience to the evidence. They must consider the inherent probabilities and improbabilities, frequently eliminating the possibility of coincidence.”

I think the circumstantial evidence in this case is strong and I am leaning towards MS being guilty as well as DM.

Well said. The only thing that might be able to save MS if there could be some evidence showing his phone was pinging somewhere else of July 3rd and he perhaps testifies that he showed up on the 4th. Otherwise, DM, LB, MS all have phones that were pinging together on the 4th.

Reminder:

Please don't refer to information that cannot be shared. If something is said out of the presence of the jury, do NOT make reference to it or hint at it. That is a violation of the publication ban. If you can't link it, don't mention it.

Also, please preview your posts before submitting them. If the quote doesn't look right, fix it ... otherwise they become more and more difficult to repair the longer they are left unchecked.

Thanks.

It would be less confusing for us here if they would put "[redacted]" where things have been taken out. Otherwise the messages look incomplete.
Any reason why they don't do that?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

DM and MS I think got off in torture. We don't know if Laura was tortured or not. They derived sick pleasure from violence and there are some killers who even get sexually aroused by killing someone.
It is very deviant behavior and isn't Luka Magnotta one of them, then he hacked up the body of his victim into pieces.
DM and MS displayed being giddy and happy about the murders and even giving Laura s belongings away.
When they incinerated Tim Bosma many hours later MM described them being very happy and celebrating. They actually derived pleasure from the murders.
These are very sick, sick individuals and like Luka Magnotta, who knows what makes them tick, I don't think we want to know. Just lock them up for good.

Rafferty another sick, sick monster, he got sexually aroused from raping and torturing a young girl. These people their brains are wired to derive pleasure from very terrible things. I doubt there is any kind of treatment for it. The only thing that has to be done is keep them locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500