Back to the Beginning: Where Might Kyron Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is a fantasy, but I think it should be illegal for lawyers to tell their clients to remain silent when the fate of a child is unknown...plenty of time to be silent later on, once the child is found, dead or alive. But they should not be allowed to encourage silence from their clients who may have knowledge of the location of a child's body.

I know it is a fantasy, but I think it should be illegal for lawyers to tell their clients to remain silent when the fate of a child is unknown...plenty of time to be silent later on, once the child is found, dead or alive. But they should not be allowed to encourage silence from their clients who may have knowledge of the location of a child's body.

As much as I agree, it is the defense attorney's job to *defend* the client. As I recall, this very issue was discussed on the "Attorney Thread." And, somewhere BeanE (sorry if this ref is not accurate), posted a video from a defense attorney stating, (paraphrased) "silence, whether guilty or innocent, is the best line of defense."

That said, I fully join you in Fantasy World. :)

No, I get that the lawyer has to defend the client, but I thought there was some sort of ethical thing if it was possible the person was still alive someplace...that the lawyer try to get that information.

Kyron could be anywhere in the States right now, or smuggled into another country. I'm sad that it seems that "starting over" with this case may not help in finding him--there is simply no way to know WHO was at the school that day, especially with no school cameras (or even sign-in sheets for those who would have been inclined to sign in). The perp may be getting a kick out of seeing the drama of someone else being blamed, and it might take an obvious lull in the attention the case has received for him/her to reveal anything... I've thought that this situation called for a PI at the get-go...just my thoughts...

I think if Terri had somehow found a way to obtain a "buyer" for Kyron, there would be evidence on her computer of such. We know she is not careful about electronics. And since LE is still keeping all sorts of options open, it makes me think that they did not find anything that pointed to one scenario or another. I mean, one would almost have to use the internet to locate any such person, or group, or set of parents, etc...who might want a young boy. And according to Kaine, she was on the computer all the time. If the answer is not on her hard drive...she probably just "dealt" with poot Kyron herself.

I agree with the above.

But sometimes I wonder...

Nowadays, netbooks and laptops are relatively cheap. You can buy a used laptop on ebay for less than $200. It'll be a couple years out of date, probably not very fast, but good enough to web surf and do email with.

I've always thought that if I were considering committing a crime, my first step would be to buy a cheap laptop or netbook to be used only for research and communication related to the crime. Using one of those pay-in-advance credit cards that you can get in anyone's name (usually used as a form of gift card).

I'd keep my two computers completely separate. Never, ever check email for my "official" self from my secret computer or check my secret email addy from my official computer. Any research connected to the crime would be done with the secret laptop. They would be like two computers belonging to two completely separate people.

Being that I'm a belt-and-suspenders kind of gal, I would never ever use my secret computer on my home wireless network. I would find the local free hotspots and use them exclusively. However, I'm not a young mother who has to deal with a toddler, so getting away from home for an hour or two each day to use free wifi hotspots would not be as big a problem for me as it might be for someone who does have a small child or two to take care of.

And as soon as the crime had been committed, I'd physically dismember the secret computer, smash the hard drive platter and dispose of the various parts in different locations. One computer part per location. Most laptops can be reduced to pieces no larger than a deck of playing cards in 5-10 minutes (assuming a plastic case; a metal case might be more of a problem). Then it's just a matter of driving around and dropping one piece off every time I'd see a garbage container.

I wonder if LE got all the records of useage from the Horman's ISP? It would be mind numbingly boring to check all outgoing packets but it might reveal something that the family electronics have not.

Okay, I just asked my local internet guru. According to my dear husband, some ISPs keep such records and some do not. Those that do keep such records usually do not keep them for very long (data storage limitations).

One huge flaw in all the above is that it requires someone who plans in advance, who is very organised and disciplined, who is able to keep a secret from the entire world. Kinda like Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber. And even Ted wasn't able to keep everything completely secret, he sent enough of his political ramblings to his mother and brother that they were able to identify him from his manifesto.

That just doesn't seem like TMH to me.

I think Terri has some weird sense that whatever she does on the internet is "private" just as she did with her texting while under observation. I don't think it would have occurred to her that down the road, the FBI would be examining her computers and electronic toys. So there should be info there, if she planned her actions based on websites, research, communication etc...and maybe there is, but I don't think whatever is there is leading LE to an answer, just more possibilities and speculations and areas to check out.

Well, as long as we are talking fantasy...I'd like to add this to my wish list, that if a lawyer discovers (by whatever means) that his client has commited murder (especially of a child) along with where their client has disposed of the body, that it must be reported to LE.

Ok...back to the reality of this cold, cold world! :(

I believe Kyron is with a friend of Terri's on Sauvie Island...One that believed Terri & her false stories of abuse by Kaine. I feel Terri wanted Kaine's money before she moved on. I believe there was a ransom plan & it fell through when Terri was removed from the house.

FrogInTown: I agree with this map!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=sauvie...02075&t=h&z=16

I totally agree! It just blows my mind that when the life of a child hangs in the balance, a lawyer can actually tell their client to be quiet. I understand everyone, even criminals have rights, but there should be somewhere to draw a line - like when a person's, especially a child's, life is at stake.

Like with the case of Elizabeth Johnson, who kidnapped her 8 month old son and now he's gone and over the past year has refused, at her attorney's advice, not to tell anything about his whereabouts. It's no wonder most attorneys are looked at as the lowest of the low!

In my opinion...sadly I think Terri did something bad to Kyron...I hate typing that..

I am just going to say that I think it will be someone unofficial that will find Kyron. A hiker, hunter, or someone like that. I have said before, I think they should organize more searches along the sides of the back roads in that area. There are many roads that have few cars, there are steep drops on the sides and heavy forest trees. It could be he is right there somewhere.. I guess it all depends on how well planned out it was.

Caylee Anthony was found not far from the road...

I think it is more simple than some of the theories that are going around. I do not think he was abducted, and I do not think he was handed off to someone else....sorry to say all in my own opinion

Caylee Anthony was found where several "psychics" said she would be.....

Remote Viewer Ed Dames says Kyron can be found 10 miles south of the school.

I think Terri has some weird sense that whatever she does on the internet is "private" just as she did with her texting while under observation. I don't think it would have occurred to her that down the road, the FBI would be examining her computers and electronic toys. So there should be info there, if she planned her actions based on websites, research, communication etc...and maybe there is, but I don't think whatever is there is leading LE to an answer, just more possibilities and speculations and areas to check out.

I agree. Completely.

Like you, I just don't see TMH as being sneaky or paranoid enough to effectively hide her online tracks.

I just have a hard time thinking that is what happened to him, and help us figure out where he is.

How does someone get through 40 years of life without ever being accused of being that pathological, or having a violent temper, or.... anything in her personality that would indicate she's capable of that kind of violence?

If there was some smoking gun, some clue that she was capable of that kind of behavior it would be easier to see, but by all accounts (including ex-husbands, who presumably aren't going to be the leaders of her fan club) she was an excellent mother.

I have to echo what others have said, if we focus too intently on the wrong person, whomever that may be, do we lose the chance to find Kyron?

We can all list several cases just like this, where someone showed no signs of being evil, or capable of committing the violence they were later accused of committing: casey anthony, scott peterson, chris coleman, etc. At scott peterson's penalty phase hearing, there were dozens of people who testified on his behalf, as to what an incredible person he was. Not one person ever testified in his whole trial that he ever exhibited any kind of negative behavior PRIOR to Lacy's disappearance. Unfortunately, evil can be good at hiding.

Does anyone know if, in the days after Kyron disappeared, helicopters with heat detecting sensors, or if anyone looked for buzzards in those days? If both were done and nothing was found, my guess is that Kyron is in the water somewhere near Sauvie Island.

We can all list several cases just like this, where someone showed no signs of being evil, or capable of committing the violence they were later accused of committing: casey anthony, scott peterson, chris coleman, etc. At scott peterson's penalty phase hearing, there were dozens of people who testified on his behalf, as to what an incredible person he was. Not one person ever testified in his whole trial that he ever exhibited any kind of negative behavior PRIOR to Lacy's disappearance. Unfortunately, evil can be good at hiding.

Does anyone know if, in the days after Kyron disappeared, helicopters with heat detecting sensors, or if anyone looked for buzzards in those days? If both were done and nothing was found, my guess is that Kyron is in the water somewhere near Sauvie Island.

IIRC there were helicopters with heat detecting sensors. I would assume with trained SAR out there they watched for buzzards.
I'm with you on Kyron being in the water.

I've posted this somewhere on this forum and don't remember where, but I REALLY think they need to search around Kaine's house again! I think Kyron is within a mile or two of that house.

When I was there with Freefallzzzz way back when, I had a strong sense he was there and even told her that at the time. And with where Caylee was found, and now probably Hailey Dunn, I'm even more determined.

I've posted this somewhere on this forum and don't remember where, but I REALLY think they need to search around Kaine's house again! I think Kyron is within a mile or two of that house.

When I was there with Freefallzzzz way back when, I had a strong sense he was there and even told her that at the time. And with where Caylee was found, and now probably Hailey Dunn, I'm even more determined.

I've always though someplace closer to the school...recalling photos from the earliest searches, it seems so possible he could have been missed...the searchers were entangled up to their waists, almost...

I'd say by the house too except that is not his last known place before he disappeared. As far as Hailey, she was about 40 miles from her home, if she has been found...

But then...if he got into a car, he could be anywhere...

Something (the ground or water) or someone (the person(s) responsible) need to give up their secrets. It's been too long. :please:

It's time to bring this little guy home. I'm about 99% sure he is in a place removed of the cares of this world, but for his family, friends, teachers, and classmates, not to mention all who fell in love with this little boy after he went missing...it's time.

That would make sense. Consider her "driving around on random roads" a diversion to draw investigators and searchers away from where he actually is...

Statistics say that women killers do usually dispose of bodies, particularly children, close to home, in water, or otherwise wrapped up or enclosed.

I would also imagine that the area around the house probably wasn't searched as thoroughly as it should have been early on, and especially not as of late because the idea of upsetting Kaine and BabyK would be greater. I couldn't imagine Kaine's grief if they were to find him around there. Wondering where his son is, and he ends up being right by his home :(

Kyron has been the one case that I'll never forget. I think about him every day. If I were granted three wishes right this minute, number one would be to know where Kyron is so his family could finally have closure. I hope that they will have it someday soon; I cannot imagine that feeling of incredible loss and helplessness. Prayers to Kyron and those that love him.

I found this article while searching for any new Kyron news. Snipped from it:

In the high schools, the cameras are placed at a variety of locations. At elementary schools, adults who drop off or pick up their kids are now on camera. Catt said the Kyron Horman case influenced the decision to aim cameras at elementary school entrances. Part of the mystery in the disappearance of that Oregon 9-year-old is with whom he left his school on the day he disappeared in 2010.

It's impossible to know if a camera aimed at the door of Kyron's school would have solved his disappearance — or better yet prevented it.

While I'm glad to know that cameras are being placed at entrances where they weren't previously, one would think that this would be standard operating procedure in this day and age. FGS, look at the cameras they have on the entrances to almost all stores now! Our children are worth it, and this should have been done before this tragedy occured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993