Basic Questions

Brefie, in a nutshell:

JonBenet Ramsey's death ultimately led to family friend Fleet White spending 30 days in jail for contempt of court.

White, a retired oil executive, was among the first of family friends to arrive at the Ramsey home the morning JonBenet was reported missing, and he was with John Ramsey when her body was found in the basement.

White was called as a witness in the criminal trial of Boulder attorney Thomas Miller in the attempted sale of the Ramsey ransom note, but he refused to show.

He wrote the judge saying that he had nothing to offer at the Miller trial and believed his testimony could jeopardize the investigation of JonBenet's murder.

After a protracted series of hearings in Jefferson County District Court, White was ordered to spend 30 days in jail for contempt of court. He was released Nov. 22.

White became estranged from the Ramseys after he criticized them when they didn't cooperate with Boulder police.

Source

IMO

Fleet White Jr was held in contempt of court for refusing to appear after subpoened to testify in Miller's case. He served a short term in jail as penalty.

Sorry, I don't know about the Whites, but reading this thread made me think of something. Did McSanta teach at CU, and know the Stines from there?

This may be the first time I've heard that Nathan and Nedra kept the children while Patsy was in N.Y. and JonBenet was in that Dec. 6 parade.

So has Nathan definitely been cleared?

Don't forget the Fleet White question too. Sorry for jumping in right here but I'd forget if I waited.

Nathan is not even on the radar.

Well, he's on BC's radar, but that's it.

BrotherMoon said:
Please retitle your thread "Dull questions", thank you.

How rude.

Why would I do that?

You are obviously well informed on this subject, so if you don't want a 'basic' discussion, why bother to open a thread called 'Basic Questions'?

Eagle1 said:
Don't forget the Fleet White question too. Sorry for jumping in right here but I'd forget if I waited.

Eagle1, don't be sorry....this is exactly why I started this thread, so we could ask some simpler questions.

To all who have been so very helpful...Thanks so much, I really appreciate the time you are taking to inform us of these things!

Your ST book must be hard back, right? I think mine's paperback, and I don't remember ever reading or hearing what you posted. Never realized content might be slightly different in the paperback.

Hey, that's good. You said ST stopped a guy he'd observed taking pictures of the grave. He had Colorado plates, was in Atlanta, very interested in the case, stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC. (Well, if it's in the paperback I must have read it, don't know why I'd forget a thing like that.)

The roll of black tape would simply be photography equipment. So why would he have been so interested in this family and JonBenet? He'd seen JonBenet in the parade or heard gossip about her? Maybe knew John Andrew? Could he have been the person Barnhill saw that he thought was John Andrew?

Did ST investigate Camp Lejuene's records as to whether this suspect had been in Colorado on Christmas leave at the time of the murder, and did he ask about him at the h.s. he would have attended? Does Boulder have several high schools? Did ST ask the R's if they knew this photographer and if JonBenet knew him?

I really think the killer was someone who was at the party on the 23rd, where she was evidently molested and was crying, Susan Stine already a gatekeeper not let the police in, but if there were two, this could be one of them.

LovelyPigeon said:
Fleet White Jr was held in contempt of court for refusing to appear after subpoened to testify in Miller's case. He served a short term in jail as penalty.

In fairness to Tom Miller, it should be noted that he was found not guilty in that case (it involved an alleged $30,000 attempted bribe to get a copy of the ransom note).

JMO

Eagle1 said:
Sorry, I don't know about the Whites, but reading this thread made me think of something. Did McSanta teach at CU, and know the Stines from there?

This may be the first time I've heard that Nathan and Nedra kept the children while Patsy was in N.Y. and JonBenet was in that Dec. 6 parade.

So has Nathan definitely been cleared?

I'm sure Bill McReynolds at least knew of Glen Stine and Susan Stine while at Boulder University. Glen was Vice President for Budget and Finance, and Susan was Director of Planning and Institutional Research at the university.

Both Nathan and Doug have kept a low profile since the murder, and especially after the grand jury disbanded in October of 1999. For instance, I believe their names were purged from PMPT, which came out following the GJ's disbandment and the court's protective order slapping secrecy on the case and its principals. Although Schiller's name index in the back of his book contains about 500 names, Nathan Inouye isn't mentioned at all, and Doug Stine's name appears only once in the text. I don't think Nathan was even investigated, although I hear some suspicion has been cast toward Doug.

JMO

LovelyPigeon said:
Nathan is not even on the radar.
And how do we know this? What LE source has said anything about this guy? Where was he on the 25/26th, and how do we know for sure? Was his handwriting, prints, and DNA checked?

The RST likes to play silly games with people like "Bootman" Helgoth and Thomas Aqua-*advertiser censored*, but they ignore Nathan, who has is a good possibility of actually having met the victim. Why? Because if Nathan is involved then there is a strong possibility that Burke is too--and any hint of Ramsey guilt makes the RST immediately become stupid.

Was Nathan questioned by investigators? It seems to me I remember reading that he was, and that he told them he was out of town when JonBenet died.

IMO

Yeah, think Memento. We don't need no stinkin' linear plotline.

Shylock said:
...but they ignore Nathan, who has is a good possibility of actually having met the victim.

Shylock,

Nathan and JonBenet knew each other very well, and he apparently even helped babysit her.

JMO

Ivy said:
Was Nathan questioned by investigators? It seems to me I remember reading that he was, and that he told them he was out of town when JonBenet died.

Almost all of the information about Nathan has come from past WS posts about him. I was told by one source that he had been investigated, but nothing was ever put in print about it. One WS poster e-mailed Nathan about his possible involvement and Nathan e-mailed back to say he was in California during the Christmas of '96. There has been no confirmation about that claim. That's probably what you were referring to, because to the best of my knowledge neither LE nor the DA has ever mentioned his name publicly.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
...because to the best of my knowledge neither LE nor the DA has ever mentioned his name publicly.JMO

I find that very odd. He was an adult at the time of the murder, not a minor. What would make Schiller remove his name from the book, when others were not? Was/is L. Wood his attorney? LOL Extremely odd...
IMO

Nehemiah said:
I find that very odd. He was an adult at the time of the murder, not a minor. What would make Schiller remove his name from the book, when others were not? Was/is L. Wood his attorney? LOL Extremely odd...
IMO

Nehemiah,

It's only my theory, of course. I can't prove Nathan's name was purged from PMPT. But it seems strange that Nathan Inouye isn't mentioned anywhere in the book, even though he was an intricate part of the Stines' lives and, to a lesser extent, of the Ramseys' lives. IMO he was purged from the book and Doug Stine's name was purged except for just one place in the book as a result of the court's protection order.

IMO the GJ solved the murder, children were involved, and the court under Colorado law had to shield the names of the children. The problem is, if Nathan was involved, bringing charges against him would expose the names of the children. I think Hunter probably buried it all and the GJ and the court went along as the lesser of two evils.

It seems to me the names in PMPT were removed in a hurry after the court order, but in the time crunch the editors missed the name index. In PMPT's name index Doug Stine's name appears 9 times, but in the text it appears just once. By comparison, Burke's name in the name index appears 66 times, and in the text it appears 65 times (there was one typo).

JMO

BlueCrab, you've possibly read before where I have posted that I have a business friend who told me that her best friend served on the GJ. She told me that the only thing her friend would say about it was that it was "sickeningly political". Given the nature of your theory and opinion, do you think that phrase could be used by a G Juror to describe the outcome? Does "sickeningly political" fit your scenario?

IMO

Nehemiah said:
BlueCrab, you've possibly read before where I have posted that I have a business friend who told me that her best friend served on the GJ. She told me that the only thing her friend would say about it was that it was "sickeningly political". Given the nature of your theory and opinion, do you think that phrase could be used by a G Juror to describe the outcome? Does "sickeningly political" fit your scenario?

IMO

Nehemiah,

Yes, "sickingly political" could fit the scenario. If my theory is anywhere close to being correct, then the truth should have come out and the literal destruction of all of those innocent peoples' personal lives could have been averted.

If the boys did it but fessed up, public empathy would have eventually forgiven them because of their ages. But it appears high profile parents may have considered it more important to protect their own vanities. They had the ideal politically connected law firm to seal the coverup -- from Hunter, the Democratic Boulder DA, to Romer, the Democratic Governor -- even though the Ramseys themselves were Republicans.

If an older teen was involved with the younger children, then he should have been charged (if he was known). That's what I fear the most about this coverup -- IS AN ADULT GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER BECAUSE HE HAS MANAGED TO SLIP BETWEEN THE CRACKS UNNOTICED?

JMO

If Doug & Burke had been involved - wouldn't you think the parents would want to keep the two boys separated?

Why would the Ramseys want to live with the Stines and the constant reminder that Doug & Burke were involved in the worst of all crimes/tragedies.

If it was just Burke - why move in with his best friend whom he may "confess" to someday.

Perhaps the Ramseys felt Doug would be a good friend for Burke and to help him get through this tragedy.

And, if it were Nathan I'd want as far away from him as possible.

TLynn said:
If Doug & Burke had been involved - wouldn't you think the parents would want to keep the two boys separated?

Why would the Ramseys want to live with the Stines and the constant reminder that Doug & Burke were involved in the worst of all crimes/tragedies.

If it was just Burke - why move in with his best friend whom he may "confess" to someday.

Perhaps the Ramseys felt Doug would be a good friend for Burke and to help him get through this tragedy.

And, if it were Nathan I'd want as far away from him as possible.

TLynn,

The Ramseys were in a seige mode during those 5 months living with the Stines. The media had taken over the town and would do almost anything to get even a snippet of information from one of the boys. IMO that's the main reason they all gathered in one place, even Burke's grandparents, i.e., to guard the kids from the media and anyone else 24/7.

JMO

BrotherMoon said:
Please retitle your thread "Dull questions", thank you.
Now that was uncalled for. As a "newbie" to the JBR information, it can get overwhelming to those of us who haven’t followed the case as closely the past few years. If you don’t care for the topic, feel free to go to the next thread. No insults necessary.

Camillllla said:
Bluecrab, does your main theory still include 'autoerotic practices'..?
Bluecrab said:
Even John Ramsey and Lou Smit recognize the contraption on JonBenet's neck as a sexual device.

Bluecrab,
Do you have any quotes or links or anything that says John Ramsey recognized the garrote as a sexual device? Who is Lou Smit? Does it appear to be that AutoErotic Practice is what caused JBR's death, or do you think that it's just part of the staging after-the-fact? Thanks for your input.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back