Found Deceased Bermuda - Marc Dombroski, 19, from PA, there for rugby tournament, 18 Mar 2018

From the official Twitter account of the Bermuda Police Service:

ce7b7e66bcfe34a4c8821d43154e1b4b.jpg

https://twitter.com/bermudapolice/status/976114969833103361?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: Link to their FB page: https://m.facebook.com/bermudapoliceservice/

3pm Bermuda time is 2pm EDT.

Oh wow, looking forward to hearing what they say at this PC!! My husband is a rugby player and we have a huge circle of rugby friends all over the country. This case hits kind of close to home for me.

Oh wow, looking forward to hearing what they say at this PC!! My husband is a rugby player and we have a huge circle of rugby friends all over the country. This case hits kind of close to home for me.

I’m looking forward to what they have to say too. My son played rugby in HS and has played in a few men’s tournaments since. Rugby has a brotherhood unlike any other sport I’ve seen. I’m thinking of his family, friends and teammates.

My first thought, having been an 18 year old kid who lived overseas, you tend to feel "invincible" in other countries, whether you've had a few drinks or not. I had many friends(usually male, probably just because of strength) who would climb walls, statues, forts,etc. because it was a new place, a new world, an "adventure". We were lucky, but maybe Marc wasn't. :(

I hope they at least find answers to what happened to him, whether accident, foul play, or something else.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156225442972236&id=319100477235

That is a link for the PC.

Main points:
BPS pleading for witnesses from Alexandria Rd from 1am to 4pm Monday. Mark was seen on CCTv on Alexandria Rd at 1:30am. It was a private security camera (house???). Motion detection tripped by Mark. Specifically wanting to speak with people who were in the area shortly before his body was found.
A reporter asked how Mark fell down a 60-70 foot trough. Superintendent did not answer as investigation on going.
Forensic pathologist arriving tomorrow for autopsy. Will determine cod and if drugs involved.
A reporter also asked if the trough was protected by a fence. Inferred that it partially is. Superintendent did not answer as investigation ongoing.
Don't know why he was walking, stated Mark took a walk the night before.
Mark was not bound or tied up (apparently there has been SM speculation he was).

Sorry I feel like this post took forever, my 3 year old is driving me nuts today!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Article on www.6abc.com with commentary from the bar owner about Mark. If someone can link it. This is so sad, we are big rugby fans, our team KU was down at the tournament. We often watch St Joes team at local rugby matches. Feel so bad for everyone.

Marc was young and athletic and they don’t believe alcohol to be factor. I would rather it be an unfortunate accident, but I suspect foul play. So sad [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Statement released by the Bermuda Police Service:

“Update on Investigation Into Death of 19 Year Old Mark Dombroski

Tue, 2018-03-20
Superintendent Sean Field-Lament – Good Afternoon.

Firstly let me reiterate on behalf of the Bermuda Police Service our sincere condolences to the family & friends of Mark Dombroski.

The Bermuda Police Service is progressing the investigation into the death of Mark, a visiting 19 year old American college freshman.

A team of investigators is actively continuing their inquiries into the circumstances of Mark’s death.

An overseas forensic pathologist will be in Bermuda tomorrow (Wednesday, March 21st) to conduct the autopsy.

Here is what we can confirm:

At 1:30am on Sunday, March 18th 2018, CCTV images show Mark was walking alone along Alexandra Road in Devonshire, which is immediately to the south of where his body was found.

At this juncture, further review of CCTV shows no other activity in the neighbourhood at that time.

Mark’s body was found at the base of a significant drop at Fort Prospect.

His wallet and cell phone were found with him, intact

Contrary to recent speculative social media posts, Mark’s body was not bound or tied up. We await the forensic pathologist’s independent official report.

The Bermuda Police Service is specifically asking for witnesses in the Alexandra Road, Devonshire area that may have heard or seen anything between 1am Sunday, March 18th and 4pm Monday, March 19th 2018.

A further update will be provided following the examination by a forensic pathologist.

In closing I would like to thank members of the public and retailers for their assistance, especially with obtaining CCTV footage.

Police continue to appeal for witnesses and anyone with any information about 19 year old Mark Dombroski – no matter how insignificant it may seem to you – is asked to contact the Senior Investigating Officer Acting Detective Inspector Karema Flood by phone on 717-2086 or by e-mail kflood@bps.bm. (BBM)”

http://www.bermudapolice.bm/content/update-investigation-death-19-year-old-mark-dombroski

I wonder why they are so quick to say alcohol wasn't a factor. Isn't it legal to drink at 18 in Bermuda?

I think this was a tragic accident.

I wonder why they are so quick to say alcohol wasn't a factor. Isn't it legal to drink at 18 in Bermuda?

I think this was a tragic accident.

LE said alcohol wasn't a factor before Marc's body was found, so maybe people at the bar said he wasn't drinking.

Tippy, don't know if that's where he was found, but that spot looks interesting...

I wonder if he was into geocaching. There are several in the area he was found. I've geocached a few times with my son, and it's real easy to be glued to your phone to follow the GPS and not pay attention to your footing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LE said alcohol wasn't a factor before Marc's body was found, so maybe people at the bar said he wasn't drinking.
According to the owner of the bar ...:

“Owner of bar says Dombroski not drunk”

Paul Johnston
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:00 am

“The owner of the bar where Mark Dombroski was last seen alive said the teenager was not drunk when he left.

Frank Arnold, owner of the Dog House bar on Front Street, said: ‘He was not sober, but he was not intoxicated.

‘That’s why we allowed him to come back and forth. He was trying to co-ordinate his friends to get going back to the barracks where they were staying.’

Dombroski, 19, from Pennsylvania, was found dead yesterday afternoon at Fort Prospect in Devonshire, close to police headquarters.

Mr Arnold was speaking before the grim discovery was made.

[SBM]

Mr Arnold said that he had a ‘personal interaction’ with Mr Dombroski shortly before he left.

He explained: ‘He was going in and out of the bar with his friends. Some were inside, some were outside.’

Mr Arnold said he and another manager spoke to Mr Dombroski

He added: ‘He was fine. He was not incoherent in any way.’

Mr Arnold said that Mr Dombroski had not been seen drinking inside the bar and that he was with his friends the entire time.

Mr Arnold added: ‘He wasn’t talking to anyone else.’

He said that Mr Dombroski’s parents had been to the bar on Sunday to look through hours of CCTV footage.

Mr Arnold said: ‘He did look agitated in the video that we saw, but we figured from the interaction it would seem like he was agitated because he wanted to go back to the barracks — not because he was angry with anybody.

‘There were no altercations

Mr Arnold added that he expected detectives to record the bar’s CCTV footage from Saturday night.

He explained: ‘We have multiple cameras throughout inside and outside.’

Mr Arnold confirmed that photos of Mr Dombroski seen on social media were captured by the bar’s CCTV system.

He added: ‘Those photographs were taken maybe two minutes before he was last seen.’

[SBM]” (BBM)

http://mobile.royalgazette.com/news...r-says-dombroski-not-drunk&template=mobileart

I’m wondering if this is where Marc was found?
34d6c799369c6e46b3220638cf11c8c1.jpg

The following image is NOT Fort Prospect, but another fort in Bermuda which has a similar looking trench. https://goo.gl/images/xUFqTw

There's nothing about Fort Prospect online, it's not accessible to tourists. It must be well fenced, it'd be a big hazard to local children, etc.

I think it's quite possible he noticed the Fort on the map and wanted to try to get in and explore it. Maybe tried to get access from someone's backyard, tripping their security camera.

Totally sounds accidental to me. He had his stuff with him (phone etc) when found, was alone on video. I am doubting foul play.

I wonder when his friends left... before or after him?? Maybe he left on his own because he was frustrated waiting for his friends and figured he would just walk back?

According to the owner of the bar ...:

“Owner of bar says Dombroski not drunk”

Paul Johnston
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:00 am

“The owner of the bar where Mark Dombroski was last seen alive said the teenager was not drunk when he left.

Frank Arnold, owner of the Dog House bar on Front Street, said: ‘He was not sober, but he was not intoxicated.

‘That’s why we allowed him to come back and forth. He was trying to co-ordinate his friends to get going back to the barracks where they were staying.’

Dombroski, 19, from Pennsylvania, was found dead yesterday afternoon at Fort Prospect in Devonshire, close to police headquarters.

Mr Arnold was speaking before the grim discovery was made.

[SBM]

Mr Arnold said that he had a ‘personal interaction’ with Mr Dombroski shortly before he left.

He explained: ‘He was going in and out of the bar with his friends. Some were inside, some were outside.’

Mr Arnold said he and another manager spoke to Mr Dombroski

He added: ‘He was fine. He was not incoherent in any way.’

Mr Arnold said that Mr Dombroski had not been seen drinking inside the bar and that he was with his friends the entire time.

Mr Arnold added: ‘He wasn’t talking to anyone else.’

He said that Mr Dombroski’s parents had been to the bar on Sunday to look through hours of CCTV footage.

Mr Arnold said: ‘He did look agitated in the video that we saw, but we figured from the interaction it would seem like he was agitated because he wanted to go back to the barracks — not because he was angry with anybody.

‘There were no altercations
.’

Mr Arnold added that he expected detectives to record the bar’s CCTV footage from Saturday night.

He explained: ‘We have multiple cameras throughout inside and outside.’

Mr Arnold confirmed that photos of Mr Dombroski seen on social media were captured by the bar’s CCTV system.

He added: ‘Those photographs were taken maybe two minutes before he was last seen.’

[SBM]” (BBM)

http://mobile.royalgazette.com/news...r-says-dombroski-not-drunk&template=mobileart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back