Bio Mom & her family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there were many court-sanctioned options available and legal remedies at her disposal which would not require bio mom to serve a lengthy prison sentence, to terrorize her children nor make her family complicit, nor cause the present nightmare and circuslike atmosphere, which could easily instead legitimately win her custody--and exempted her from support. JMO

:parrot:
Kinda makes me wonder why they have not been done. There has been no attempt that I have been able to find that points to her doing anything in the area of legal remedies for the situation. Why not?

Actually that was my theory posted very early this morning. I acknowledged that it was irrational. Not logical. I retracted it. I was told that I should think twice before I hit the submit button before I posted in the future. Advice that I intend to take very seriously. I guess I will consider also that perhaps I could start writing scripts for Lifetime. LOL!

can someone tell me... this abandoned house...something bout hwy 309 and 20 miles? can someone tell me if the RR tracks are near it?

Actually that was my theory posted very early this morning. I acknowledged that it was irrational. Not logical. I retracted it. I was told that I should think twice before I hit the submit button before I posted in the future. Advice that I intend to take very seriously. I guess I will consider also that perhaps I could start writing scripts for Lifetime. LOL!
But what if...you could be closer to the truth than you think? I swear no one can write the stuff we have seen go on in so many cases.

Don't stop posting them!! They are ideas and others could see something then get another idea. It is the way a think tank works. ;) Hit that button and don't worry about second guessing it. It is all good.

ETA: I don't read the theory thread.

O/T too, and I agree decipher the call. It's really bothered me.

There's a WS that deciphered the KC 911 calls. They were able to turn up the background noise and turn down the foreground noise or something. Anyway it was awesome!

I'll go see if I can find it. I remember the posters name so let me see.

Well...there is that theory (which isn't what I am thinking). Or someone in her family/associations took the child for revenge and killed her.

Seems to me there is a much greater likelihood that someone would seek revenge on Ronald given his drug and fighting activities. Especially his altercations of late.

Child Support is an Issue between Haleigh's Parents
Created: 2/24/2009 8:58:26 PM
Updated: 2/25/2009 8:54:08 AM
<snipped>
Court documents show Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, is behind in child support by about $4,100.
A motion was filed by the state's Department of Revenue on Ronald Cummings' behalf against Sheffield for contempt. It was dated February 3rd, a week before Haleigh disappeared. A hearing was set for Sheffield for March 27.
Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's father, told First Coast News he received a copy of the document about the hearing the day before Haleigh vanished. Cummings appeared frustrated about the timing of the document's arrival and his daughter's disappearance.

"With this economy, people cannot find a job. She's looked, even at Burger King and McDonald's and at other restaurants," Griffis explained. "People are just not quitting their jobs...and so she can't find a job. It's not that she doesn't want to pay child support, she just can't find a job to pay child support."
Last week, on February 16th, the state signed a dismissal document which cancelled the child support contempt of court hearing until Haleigh is found. The dismissal document was filed in the Putnam County Clerk of Courts office Tuesday.

6PM Report "Child Support For Haleigh": Video 2:49
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...f43367513e061&maven_referralObject=1045291922

Article:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132134&catid=3
I thought this should be posted here.

Seems to me there is a much greater likelihood that someone would seek revenge on Ronald given his drug and fighting activities. Especially his altercations of late.
Normally, those retalliation crimes are carried out by someone killing a person and leaving them to be found to send the message. They wouldn't steal a child and leave two witnesses, imo. They would just kill them, too.

can someone tell me about this abandoned property? did i read it right that it was located on 309 bout 20 mins away?

uh, oh...well now, that information really spins me around to want to point a finger toward Crystal and possible enablers. Sorry. But not that I can blame her...if she took Haleigh. At least we would know she is safe.

I don't know what happened after Dec. 27. Since Ron never ended up losing custody I, rightly or wrongly, discounted that part of the document dealing with her allegations as either something she couldn't prove or that she simply chose not to proceed any further. I don't know...

Edited quotation

Huh? We cannot discount facts that are presented before us, in this case. Theres no right or wrong in it. Hearsay, such as what we saw on GR the other night is something we can rightly or wrongly discount, based on what facts we have on hand. This document is a Court Filed Document and if it was filed with the court, there is a follow-up. I see your point, that it's irrellavent to you, because he Maintained custody. To minimize or dismiss allegations as serious as these were regarding the children is not in what is in the best interest of the children.

My point: If allegations were brought forward and not looked into carefully, they may have missed something ... and that is unfortunate for the overall wellbeing of children in the court system.

Later when I return from my shopping_ I am going to compile something in RC thread, regarding a distinctive omission ( I call it a lie) and the judge made the order without looking into something that was brought up at the time of the testifying by mr cummings. Fact or fiction? Fact based on his own testimony. Crystal didnt stand a chance in that hearing. She at the time, didnt appear to have her ducks in a row. imo

I was coming here to do the exact same thing SS, because what I want to know is...why ...last week on 2/16 did the state go to the lengths of signing a dismiss document on the child support contempt hearing....I mean, did the bio mom take a break from searching for Haleigh to go down to the courthouse and report that Haleigh was missing so there needs to be a dismissal in the hearing until Haleigh is found? I am confused, could you elaborate and tell me what you think this means. I mean it seems weird to me.

At this point, I wouldn't blame Crystal for trying to hide Haleigh so that she could protect her--if that is what she did, even and especially after the fact. I am taking into account the the information our websleuths provided that mom couldn't obtain a job--therefore, she probably wouldn't be able to win back custody for quite a while. JMO, right now.

I was coming here to do the exact same thing SS, because what I want to know is...why ...last week on 2/16 did the state go to the lengths of signing a dismiss document on the child support contempt hearing....I mean, did the bio mom take a break from searching for Haleigh to go down to the courthouse and report that Haleigh was missing so there needs to be a dismissal in the hearing until Haleigh is found? I am confused, could you elaborate and tell me what you think this means. I mean it seems weird to me.

Just guessing here.....the state probably thought it might be a good idea to let them deal with their daughter being MISSING instead of a child support hearing at the moment. It will be rescheduled and the amount will just keep adding up. It's not as if she is getting away with anything. Priorities. That and a little humanity from the state.

Huh? We cannot discount facts that are presented before us, in this case. Theres no right or wrong in it. Hearsay, such as what we saw on GR the other night is something we can rightly or wrongly discount, based on what facts we have on hand. This document is a Court Filed Document and if it was filed with the court, there is a follow-up. I see your point, that it's irrellavent to you, because he Maintained custody. To minimize or dismiss allegations as serious as these were regarding the children is not in what is in the best interest of the children.

My point: If allegations were brought forward and not looked into carefully, they may have missed something ... and that is unfortunate for the overall wellbeing of children in the court system.

Later when I return from my shopping_ I am going to compile something in RC thread, regarding a distinctive omission ( I call it a lie) and the judge made the order without looking into something that was brought up at the time of the testifying by mr cummings. Fact or fiction? Fact based on his own testimony. Crystal didnt stand a chance in that hearing. She at the time, didnt appear to have her ducks in a row. imo

The allegations contained in the Motion were also heresay IMO (exactly like the GR interview). I have seen nothing to indicate they were proven/substantiated or simply pursued in a court of law. As I said, since he maintained custody, it is my opinion, they were not substantiated. Without any indication that this went any further than allegations in a motion, I stand by my assessment, but I do look forward to any facts you can show to prove otherwise.

Just guessing here.....the state probably thought it might be a good idea to let them deal with their daughter being MISSING instead of a child support hearing at the moment. It will be rescheduled and the amount will just keep adding up. It's not as if she is getting away with anything. Priorities. That and a little humanity from the state.

I am following you....but do you mean to tell me that the state took it upon themselves to file a motion to dismiss? I mean...I am trying to stay open minded and understand the facts. So because the state realized that Haleigh was missing, from the media? They just assumed no-one would want to pursue the child support hearing at this time? I guess I can believe that it just seems a little presumptuous.

It IS a difficult task just keeping up with this board--can't imagine what the investigators are going through.

I've been trying to figure out what affect (as in demeanor) I saw in Crystal (the bio mom) throughout this time frame. The impression I get, is that there is an air of resignation about her--translation: giving up a long time ago. She sighs quite a lot. When Ron took custody of Haleigh, what could she do? Could she have prevented Ron from letting Misty take care of the children?

Me, too. I wonder if she has been evaluated for depression?

FWIW- I do not believe Crystal or her family/associations had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74