Black plastic bag..in car & body found in

Jaybee, I don't believe that is correct. When the car was towed in, in July, the officer who was with the car when it was towed in handed the CSI a black plastic bag with those items inside it. Something at the body dump site caused the detectives to go back Dec 16, to retrieve those items, probably in an attempt to match serration marks and pull up lot numbers and the black plastic bag batch.

The search warrant documents released yesterday call the knife found in the car a "dinner knife." I would assume they mean what we always called a butter knife from a silverware set. As I recall, the other knife was just called a stainless steel knife, which could be either a butter knife or a sharp knife.

There is only one knife in evidence inventory. It was found in the car after GA picked it up. That same knife has been called three different things but it always carries the same evidence ID#. They call it "dinnerware knife", "dinner knife", and "stainless steel knife".

Obviously, OCSO does not adhere to a strict standard of calling evidence items the exact same thing each time they appear in documents. The same thing happened with the backpack found in the car after GA picked it up. That is called an "Adorable backpack", as well as just "backpack". But always the same evidence ID#.

The Anthonys might have put everything they removed from the car in a black plastic bag, handed it over to the police when they went to collect the car - that would make it evidence.

That makes the most sense.

Personaly after following this case for so long I feel the knife was not a murder weapon but was used to cut all the cheese she was eating. I know that sounds funny but I am serious.

...was used to cut all the cheese she was eating. I know that sounds funny but I am serious.

I said the same thing. I don't think it sounds funny at all. Velveeta cheese blocks require a knife.

Jaybee, I don't believe that is correct. When the car was towed in, in July, the officer who was with the car when it was towed in handed the CSI a black plastic bag with those items inside it. Something at the body dump site caused the detectives to go back Dec 16, to retrieve those items, probably in an attempt to match serration marks and pull up lot numbers and the black plastic bag batch.

No sure what you mean. What isn't correct? I have quoted directly from the forensics report. The items in the black plastic bag are listed on page 3174 of the County Forensics Report-Part 2:

Page 3174 of County Forensics Report-Part 2

"After the exterior of the vehile was photographed, Detective Beasley provided me with the following evidence:

Black plastic bag containing inside:
Doll (Art #3, Item # H-51975)
Backpack (Art #4, # H-51975)
Childs tooth brush (Art #5, # H-51975)
Black leather bag (Art #6, # H-51975)
Various papers (Art #7, # H-51975)
Dinner knife (Art #8, # H-51975)
Blue plastic crate (Art #9, # H-51975)
Plastic clothes hangers (Art #10, # H-51975)"

Page 3214 of County Forensics Report-Part 2

Article #1 of this Identification No. (H-51975) was in a separate sealed box:

"Article #1, Item H-51975 (Sealed Box)

* Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles
* Pull-ups "with flowers design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
* Stainless Steel knife"

There were 10 items (Articles) with Identification #H-51975 (first page of County Forensics Report-part 2; articles #1 and #8 both list a knife. On page 3174 the black plastic bag is not tagged as evidence, but on page 3214 a black plastic bag is tagged as evidence (Article #1). It sounds odd to me. Perhaps someone took the pull-ups from the backpack and placed them along with the knife and black plastic bag into a box and sealed it with the same identification number. By doing so, the black plastic bag becomes evidence. I don't know......I'm totally confused!

OCSO just doesn't always call evidence items the same thing in all documents. Here is another example:

H-52025 - "Sheet of air freshener"
H-52025 - "Air freshener sheet"
From narrative report - "piece of freshener sheet"

Article #1 is mentioned on page Page 3214 of County Forensics Report-Part 2

"Tuesday December 16,2008
At approximately 1511 hours I arrived at the Evidence Section and had a meeting with Detectives Melich and Edwards regarding the inspection of the following piece of evidence:

Article #1, Item H-51975 (Sealed Box)
From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following items:
* Stainless Steel knife"

So, you are absolutely correct. There was a black plastic bag in the car as well as two knives :confused: (about the two knives)

I wonder if evidence found at the crime scene prompted CSI Bloise to revisit items found in KC's car.

Haven't found Article #2 of H-51925 yet, will continue to look.....if I don't go blind before I find it.
I' m positive that they are going to try matching the 2 black garbage bags as that would be too great of a piece of evidence to pass up.

Bringing this over from the kitchen knife thread....

Let me try to clarify the misconception that there are two kitchen knives.

On July 16 the Pontiac was sealed and transported to the Forensics garage. When it arrived Det. Beasley provided the CSI II a plastic bag containing:
Doll
Backpack
Child's tooth brush
Black leather bag
Various papers
Dinner knife
Blue plastic crate
Plastic clothes hangers
The above are articles 3 - 10 in Item # H-51975.

On Dec 16., Melich and Edwards visit the CSI-II and collect the following items from Item # H-51975:
Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles
Pull-ups "with flower design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
Stainless steel knife.
Note that the items requested on Dec. 16 were recovered from the Pontiac on July 16. :eek:

So what is going on? Simple...

1. The garbage bag was requested to see if it matches up with the one found with the body.
  2. The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.
  3. The knife was requested to see if it was used to cut the duct tape.
IMHO...

Thank you, Mr. JWG, for this post! So easy to follow...worth a repost, imo.

Can't tell you how relieved I am to see this garbage bag thing. They will probably try to explain away the other stuff as items that were left with Caylee when she was dropped with the nanny, but who's gonna buy that the nanny also came to the home and used their garbage bags?
Also agree that the laundry bag (while may be difficult to prove belonged to the A's if they denied it), should have alot of fibers, hairs, etc. and also the pooh blanket.

Article #1 is mentioned on page Page 3214 of County Forensics Report-Part 2

"Tuesday December 16,2008
At approximately 1511 hours I arrived at the Evidence Section and had a meeting with Detectives Melich and Edwards regarding the inspection of the following piece of evidence:

Article #1, Item H-51975 (Sealed Box)
From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following items:
* Stainless Steel knife"

So, you are absolutely correct. There was a black plastic bag in the car as well as two knives :confused: (about the two knives)

I wonder if evidence found at the crime scene prompted CSI Bloise to revisit items found in KC's car.
Haven't found Article #2 of H-51925 yet, will continue to look.....if I don't go blind before I find it.

I posted earlier on this thread (Post#16) about LE revisiting the evidence they already had from the car.
Do you have any thoughts about the velveeta box/wrapper? Was that checked again or did I misread the docs?:confused:

I would think that the laundry bag would be a treasure trove of hair and fiber evidence.

Ok...maybe I am not the best housekeeper in the world...but the only place I see laundry bags being used is in a hospital...at home we use clothes baskets, hampers, etc.
What type of laundry bag are we talking about?

Maybe it was part of a matching set of knives and the rest of the set is in the Anthony home. Now, how would ZFG have access to it if the knife in the bag was part of a set at the house?

Don't you know? Zanni had a key to the house! KC said so!!!
And is anyone else surprised by the fact a book and shoes were not found with the body?
because of what KC said Caylee talked about during the "phone call"

What type of laundry bag are we talking about?

There are a variety of laundry bags (vinyl or fabric). I chose a gray one here...

41P8C3WEKEL._SS500_.jpg

I don't believe the black plastic bag mentioned in this forensics report was evidence, but used by LE to contain the evidence found in the car:

Forensics Part 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html

Note that the black plastic bag is not tagged; however, all items inside bag are tagged article #1 through article #10 and all have the same identification number (H-51975).

Hope this makes sense.

Has Le went back to get the garbage bag the lady took off the curb at the A's house? Does anyone know. I would think LE could match it with the bag the baby was found it. Seems like this has been forgotten about with LE. I knew the bag would be needed one day.

From the evidence mentioned above I collected the following Items:
· Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles.
· Pull-ups “with flowers design” collected from the back pack “Adorable”
· Stainless steel knife

It just struck me like lightening (maybe I'm slow and someone already noted this).

A black plastic bag with yellow handles found in car with items inside.
A black plastic bag with yellow handles body was in.

This is going to be one of the BIG factors that helps convict her cause it's easy for the FBI to identify that two bags come from the same batch. If these bags match I think she's cooked on this evidence alone.
Last night Padilla mentioned the black bag body was in had yellow handles but I haven't had time to read the docs. Did anyone notice if the yellow handles were mentioned about the body bag?

Yes! And from what I have read, it is fairly easy to trace trash bags of the various striations on the plastic to put it with a particular "batch" of bags.

Can't tell you how relieved I am to see this garbage bag thing. They will probably try to explain away the other stuff as items that were left with Caylee when she was dropped with the nanny, but who's gonna buy that the nanny also came to the home and used their garbage bags?
Also agree that the laundry bag (while may be difficult to prove belonged to the A's if they denied it), should have alot of fibers, hairs, etc. and also the pooh blanket.

Yes, but remember KC said that ZG did have a key to the house:rolleyes:

What a resourceful nanny she is!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member