Black plastic bag..in car & body found in

Georgewithtrashbags.jpg

Themis,
Thank you very much. I couldn't remember what color the ties were.

Bringing this over from the kitchen knife thread....

Let me try to clarify the misconception that there are two kitchen knives.

On July 16 the Pontiac was sealed and transported to the Forensics garage. When it arrived Det. Beasley provided the CSI II a plastic bag containing:
Doll
Backpack
Child's tooth brush
Black leather bag
Various papers
Dinner knife
Blue plastic crate
Plastic clothes hangers
The above are articles 3 - 10 in Item # H-51975.

On Dec 16., Melich and Edwards visit the CSI-II and collect the following items from Item # H-51975:
Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles
Pull-ups "with flower design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
Stainless steel knife.
Note that the items requested on Dec. 16 were recovered from the Pontiac on July 16. :eek:

So what is going on? Simple...

1. The garbage bag was requested to see if it matches up with the one found with the body.
  2. The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.
  3. The knife was requested to see if it was used to cut the duct tape.
IMHO...

Thank you for this very good clarification. I wonder if everyone who posted about there being 2 knives in this thread would be willing to remove their posts or just edit them so that confusion doesn't spread? Just an idea--can't say it's a good one :confused:

Hi Marina,

All ten of the items were collected by Det. Beasely at one time. None were in the car when collected. The laptop and power cord must be entered as evidence if the intent is to examine them, which they were. I respectfully disagree that the property form # would be different, since they are all clearly listed on the same property form sheet.
It seems to me that the H-#'s (item #'s)are assigned in accordance to where the item originated from. For example, the H# (item #)for KC's car and items found in it like the black shoes and carseat are the same but the trunk items, such as the hair, pieces cut from the liner, etc have a different but matching number. The white bag and all it's contents have matching item numbers. All of these have their individual article numbers but the item number seems to designate the area it was found. This is why I feel the laptop would have a different item number as the black bag contents. The box that contains the bag, backpack, pullups, etc. is listed in the latest docs as Art. #1, Item#51975. I think the bag is Art.#2 and so on. I don't think the laptop has an item # anymore since it was returned so we will never know.
I'm trying very hard to understand these numbers because things can get really miscontrued if you don't follow them. The talk of evidence taken from AL's jeep and a knife found on the scene are two examples.

I just watched the video 4 times of the lady going thru the trash. The red flashes I see look like the tie from the bag. In the beginning of the video at about 20 seconds you can see the orientation of the tie-at the top, about center. Then at 1:54, for less than a second, there is a good closeup of the red tie. The bag is fully open, so none of the tie is hanging down.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17429655/index.html

I get the excitement about matching bags and that the one from July has yellow ties, but is there any description of what colour the ties were on the body bag?

Well, Hercule, if it black plastic with yellow handles KC is in a world of hurt.

I get the excitement about matching bags and that the one from July has yellow ties, but is there any description of what colour the ties were on the body bag?

I thought I read in the documents that the ties from the crime scene were yellow. I will go back and see if I can find it. My notes say p. 3159 in the docs.

I understand what these look like...but who uses them in their homes? Where would Casey get this?

When my daughter was a baby she had a hamper that was a wooden frame with a canvas laundry bag that hung over it. It also had flower decorations that were almost like patches. If the laundry bag Caylee was found in is similar, I wouldn't be surprised if the "iron on letters" found in the bag were actually decorations that came on it, that eventually fell off as the body decomposed and sat out in the elements.

They are pretty common. I wouldn't be surprised if Caylee had a similar one.

Don't you know? Zanni had a key to the house! KC said so!!!
And is anyone else surprised by the fact a book and shoes were not found with the body?
because of what KC said Caylee talked about during the "phone call"
Holy....
:blowkiss:

A friend emailed me this pic from another blog site. When I went to Photobucket it, the download read "July 25th". I don't have any more info on the photo.

july25photos039yellowbagties.jpg

Yea, I know, and I hope it is, but I can't see it confirmed anywhere.

The doc dump doesn't state the color of the body bag ties. But...

The WFTV/Sheaffer article did say they are yellow. The folks on Nancy Grace did say they are yellow (and went further to say it is a match for the one CA gave LE with the car stuff).

I think that WFTV made a mistake and misread the doc dump. I also think that the NG folks may have been repeating what was written by WFTV. That kind of stuff can happen with the media and may be further fueled with LP on board. It always seems to be caveat emptor with him.

It is possible that they have genuine inside sources that did privately confirm the body bag tie color.

It is also possible that the bag does have yellow ties but it did not originate from the Anthony household. KC, or anyone else, could have used a bag from some other place. Yellow trash bag ties are common. My Hefty brand ties are yellow.

I haven't been able to confirm that the body was found in a black bag with yellow ties but the original contents of the car appear to have been given to LE in a black bag with yellow ties and this is documented on page 42 here:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html
Thanks PP. I knew that. The excitement is about the bags matching at least supperficially, and there have been plenty of claims both have yellow draw strings, but I can not see mention of colour strings on the remains bag yet. I am hoping it can be confirmed.

The doc dump doesn't state the color of the body bag ties. But...

The WFTV/Sheaffer article did say they are yellow. The folks on Nancy Grace did say they are yellow (and went further to say it is a match for the one CA gave LE with the car stuff).

I think that WFTV made a mistake and misread the doc dump. I also think that the NG folks may have been repeating what was written by WFTV. That kind of stuff can happen with the media and may be further fueled with LP on board. It always seems to be caveat emptor with him.

It is possible that they have genuine inside sources that did privately confirm the body bag tie color.

It is also possible that the bag does have yellow ties but it did not originate from the Anthony household. KC, or anyone else, could have used a bag from some other place. Yellow trash bag ties are common. My Hefty brand ties are yellow.
Yea
That's why I am trying to check the odd little point. We have guesses being reayed as facts at times.

I read earlier on that if the bags are from same batch there is a wealth of information that can prove it from many sources. eg chem comp, thickness, machine marks on plastic, perforations etc, so it would be good evidence to have. We can not know all that stuff, but just knowing they are same colour ties is a start.

Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found on December 11 stuffed into a cloth laundry hamper bag and then in a black trash bag with yellow ties.

http://www.wftv.com/news/18545717/detail.html
That's good spotting but the press might well have misread documents. Just like many at WS. The press also reported 2 knives, a second back pack etc. I need more ?

That's good spotting but the press might well have misread documents. Just like many at WS. The press also reported 2 knives, a second back pack etc. I need more ?

I agree I just thought when I read that article just now that since it is in some form of writing I would put it here too. I want police documentation too now after last night's mess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheKinn
Back