Black plastic bag..in car & body found in

Anyone remember when that lady retrieved the garbage bag from the Anthony's home after George set it out? I can't remember the date but remember that it was black and LE indicated that they weren't interested in the bag. If they collected this bag from her assuming she kept it after LE said they didn't want it, this would be another bag to use in comparing the bag from the scene of the remains to those that the Anthonys had at the house.

I'm thinking the way we go through trash bags and it is entirely possible that even though they collected garbage bags from the A's house after the remains were found, it's likely that they probably don't have the box of black garbage bags they had when the remains were originally placed in the bag. So, the garbage bag that was recovered by that woman would be a key piece of evidence, wouldn't it???

agreed. I also don't trust her to tell the police if that laundry bag came from their home. That's why I'm hoping the black plastic bag we're talking about is actually a piece of evidence taken from the car and possibly matches the black bag that remains were found in.

Are there any CSI people reading this that can give opinions about that? Pages 2 & 42 in forensic report is where I'm trying to decipher if the black garbage bag is an actual piece of evidence.

I'm not CSI, but I thought they used large brown paper bags for evidence.

The black garbage bag was reported to be in a laundry bag. I recall transcripts from both RM and TL's roommate mentioning KC doing laundry. Being that they both lived in apartment communities the laundry room would likely be a community ammenity. Wonder if either RM or TL / his roommates could identify the bag. Nursery themed laundry bags are rather tiny since infant clothing is small. I think this was a full size bag.
IMO

That would be terrific if it was TL or his roomate.How could the defence explain that, they couldn't.

It would seem obvious that the pullup would match what is found at the Anthony home, since Caylee lived there and was in fact in pullups. Everything they find is evidence; not everything has evidentiary value. Caylee was dressed (clothes in the body dump bag indicate that) and therefore it is logical that she would have had a pullup on.

The only clothing mentioned to have been found with the body is a white shirt and striped shorts. No pull-up.

A pull-up was found in the car, along with an "Adorable" backpack and a dinnerware knife.

But for the life of me, I swear that Cindy said she washed that knife. So is this a second knife or is it the same one and Cindy was trying to throw people off by saying she washed one? If that's the case, does that mean she noticed one missing and made a story ahead of time? I do not understand how Cindy could say she washed a knife and LE would find one in the bag.

There is no second knife. The only knife found was in the car. WFTV/Sheaffer made an error when they read the docs yesterday. LE probably had to get the knife, stinky jeans (washed), boots etc. from CA. She removed that stuff from the car.

The knife might show that an instrument from the house was used to cut the tape. If it has a serrated edge there would be evidence on the end of the tape of a sawing motion.

Anyone remember when that lady retrieved the garbage bag from the Anthony's home after George set it out? I can't remember the date but remember that it was black and LE indicated that they weren't interested in the bag. If they collected this bag from her assuming she kept it after LE said they didn't want it, this would be another bag to use in comparing the bag from the scene of the remains to those that the Anthonys had at the house.

I'm thinking the way we go through trash bags and it is entirely possible that even though they collected garbage bags from the A's house after the remains were found, it's likely that they probably don't have the box of black garbage bags they had when the remains were originally placed in the bag. So, the garbage bag that was recovered by that woman would be a key piece of evidence, wouldn't it???

Yes it would if she kept it.Maybe LE has the bag.

OK I went back an what I'm seeing is that the black bag was included in the id list but not numbered. Where did you see #s 1 and 2? I'm only seeing items 3-10 listed seperately but maybe I'm missing something?

on page 42 it says: " from the EVIDENCE mentioned above I collected the following items:
Black plastic bag with yellow pull handles
pull-ups
stainless steel knife

on page 2 it says: Detective Beasley provided me with the following pieces of evidence:
Black plastic bag containing inside:
and then lists art #3-10

It seems that the bag is actual evidence but I'm not sure.

You're correct. Inside plastic bag are articles #3 through #10. I'll see if I can find Articles #1 and 2.

Since it was known that Cindy washed the knife she found in the car, I think there are 2 knives or it would have been noted the knife had been cleaned prior to them obtaining it. (It would have no forensic value after being washed, imo.) I am not certain they ever took the one Cindy washed leaving only one tagged as evidence.

And it doesn't make sense to me that they would put a knife that CA gave them in an evidence (?) bag with other things from the car (doll, backpack, etc.).

I don't believe the black plastic bag mentioned in this forensics report was evidence, but used by LE to contain the evidence found in the car:

Forensics Part 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html

Note that the black plastic bag is not tagged; however, all items inside bag are tagged article #1 through article #10 and all have the same identification number (H-51975).

Hope this makes sense.

The plastic bag is article #1.

The bag that the protestor nabbed from the A's was a large black bag with red handles.

3196248385_dd9f04a51c.jpg

Bringing this over from the kitchen knife thread....

Let me try to clarify the misconception that there are two kitchen knives.

On July 16 the Pontiac was sealed and transported to the Forensics garage. When it arrived Det. Beasley provided the CSI II a plastic bag containing:
Doll
Backpack
Child's tooth brush
Black leather bag
Various papers
Dinner knife
Blue plastic crate
Plastic clothes hangers
The above are articles 3 - 10 in Item # H-51975.

On Dec 16., Melich and Edwards visit the CSI-II and collect the following items from Item # H-51975:
Pull-ups "with flower design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
Stainless steel knife.
Note that the items requested on Dec. 16 were recovered from the Pontiac on July 16. :eek:

So what is going on? Simple...

1. The garbage bag was requested to see if it matches up with the one found with the body.
  2. The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.
  3. The knife was requested to see if it was used to cut the duct tape.
IMHO...

I don't believe the black plastic bag mentioned in this forensics report was evidence, but used by LE to contain the evidence found in the car:

Forensics Part 2:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18530366/detail.html

Note that the black plastic bag is not tagged; however, all items inside bag are tagged article #1 through article #10 and all have the same identification number (H-51975).

Hope this makes sense.

The bag found in the car was white and the officer put it in a paper bag.

Yes there is a white garbage bag that was in the car filled with trash from (apparently) Toni's apt.
I'm talking about the black bag referred to on pages 2 & 42 of forensic report.

The garbage back in the car was white. The black bag in the car was leather.

I'm not CSI, but I thought they used large brown paper bags for evidence.

You are right. CSI put the garbage bag found in the car into a brown paper bag. Like all the ones saw them use when they were bring items out of the A's home.

Bringing this over from the kitchen knife thread....

Let me try to clarify the misconception that there are two kitchen knives.

On July 16 the Pontiac was sealed and transported to the Forensics garage. When it arrived Det. Beasley provided the CSI II a plastic bag containing:
Doll
Backpack
Child's tooth brush
Black leather bag
Various papers
Dinner knife
Blue plastic crate
Plastic clothes hangers
The above are articles 3 - 10 in Item # H-51975.

On Dec 16., Melich and Edwards visit the CSI-II and collect the following items from Item # H-51975:
Pull-ups "with flower design" collected from back pack "Adorable"
Stainless steel knife.
Note that the items requested on Dec. 16 were recovered from the Pontiac on July 16. :eek:

So what is going on? Simple...

1. The garbage bag was requested to see if it matches up with the one found with the body.
  2. The pull-ups were requested to see if they match one found with the remains.
  3. The knife was requested to see if it was used to cut the duct tape.
IMHO...
That's what I think also. Which means that if that black garbage matches the crime scene bag, they've got a very impressive piece of evidence.

Maybe I read a different doc but I thought the only things they released as being found with the remains was pooh blanket, sketal remains of Caylee, 3T shirt and white shorts with strips and a horse of some kind. Oh yeah and the remains were in a cloth laundry bag and then inside a black trash bag.

Please correct me if I am wrong. In order for this thread to be productive we need to make sure the facts are correct.

Maybe I read a different doc but I thought the only things they released as being found with the remains was pooh blanket, sketal remains of Caylee, 3T shirt and white shorts with strips and a horse of some kind. Oh yeah and the remains were in a cloth laundry bag and then inside a black trash bag.

Please correct me if I am wrong. In order for this thread to be productive we need to make sure the facts are correct.

The only documents that say anything about what was found with the remains were the search warrants. I do not know how complete they would be in terms of listing evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back