Bosma Murder Trial 02.25.16 - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think it was that DM himself would have earned $125,000 salary in 2013 if he had not been arrested.

I thought that it was Millard Air, but SC tweeted that it was DM himself that was forecast to earn that much.

@susanclairmont Millard or Millard Air made/was projected to make $125k (in 2013), can you clarify? Thanks so much.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 5h5 hours ago
Dellen Millard drew a salary of $125,000.

Interesting that the company had no income and $125k + $60k in salaries going out to people with no job title.

No, MA made nothing, DM drew a salary of $125,000

Thank you, that is what I thought I had read.. no idea how it became that MA had made $125K even with no revenue stream.

If not revenue, then that money was transferred in from somewhere.

In earlier threads it was mentioned that DM had a special interest in accounting, so it's very possible he had more knowledge than his bookkeeper in that area.

Wasn't the $125K that was reported as being expected earnings for the year for MA, put down to tweeter error, in that it was really meant to be expected earnings for the year for DM?

It feels like a ripped off week at court, due to all of the legal wrangling. I hate the wait from Friday through Sunday! And then out of last week's 4 days, an entire one of them was spent without the jury present. And now THIS week: Mon had 2 hours, Tues had 1hr, 40min, Wed had 3hrs, 10 min, Thurs had 1 hr, 5 minutes, making this week's total just under 8 hours of testimony time! Ugh! Hope next week is more fruitful!

Hmmm but wouldn't you think she should know this already from past years and experience? Do you suspect DM knew more than her in this area? I think I would have trusted MA's accountant over DM TBH. Of course unless there was some sketchy going on. ;) MOO.

LM had no contact to the accountant, I think, but had to speak with DM when problems would show up. Perhaps bill reminders were sent to MA and she had to clear these matters.

I myself had a similar job tens of years ago and didn't even know the accountant. I did the work in the evening hours in a bureau within the residential building of my boss. If I needed a receipt or had a question, I had to wait until I would have met my boss. Many questions remained unanswered and I knew, it would cause a problem for the (to me unknown) accountant.
Around 20 years later I became employee of exactly this accountant (tax office) I had namely never known - surprise! Since then I learned accounting from the other side of the fence (ie when clients don't do their preparations well and when too many questions weren't clarified before ... :().

Thank you, that is what I thought I had read.. no idea how it became that MA had made $125K even with no revenue stream.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 19 Std.Vor 19 Stunden
Williams said Millard was projected to make $125K in 2013, "enough to buy a pickup truck" Dellen Millard's lawyer Nadir Sachak adds

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 19 Std.Vor 19 Stunden
Hangar in Waterloo was being built to make MillardAir more money by potentially renting it out, she says

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 19 Std.Vor 19 Stunden
The plan was to rent out the hangar to planes overnight. "There'd be a hotel for the planes," Sachak says. She responds yes #Timbosma #Bosma

I think, the $125.000 are meant to be expected for MA for 2013 if they would rent out some place like a hotel for planes. If the $125.000 would have been Dellen's CEO salary then LM had said in another wording, IMO.

How could they possibly project any kind of income when they had no contracts in place and nobody actively working any aviation related business? If MA was projecting $125k in revenue, which is nothing given the loan and the salaries being drawn from it, it was coming from something shady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am curious how making it seem DM could afford the truck helps defense? To me it makes him seem MORE depraved IF he had the funds but simply chose to steal the truck.

exactly my thoughts...it works in the defense favor that the motive was JUST to steal the truck.

Hmm interesting that the property sold for basically 1 million dollars less than the bank's mortgage. Haven't property values in Toronto been going up, as opposed to down over the past few years?

ETA: This means that that newer 3.7 million dollar mortgage that was placed on the property, would have had to have been paid off upon sale of the property, meaning that Millard/Burns would have had to reach into their coffers to produce the additional million dollars. I am curious who is behind the Ontario numbered company. I recall there was a bit of an uproard in the news when DM transferred his properties to MB for $1 each. Thinking apart from that, that the Riverside property could have been sold to a non-arms-length party, at a fraction of its value, which would mean the net worth of whichever individual/corporation now owns it, would be 1 million less than if they had paid what the bank had been willing to mortgage it for. Sorry, I know I am way too wordy, and I still probably fail to get my point across ;/
IMO, the value of Riverside had been inflated for finance purposes. In the Toronto market, if it had been priced correctly when it was originally listed at 4.2 million it would have certainly sold. The original listing indicated that DM had already obtained an appraisal of 4.2 million. IMO, even though appraisers have to use standard industry methods to determine values, it really doesn't surprise me that WM/DM were able to get an appraisal of this amount.

The fact it sat on the market for almost a year to finally sell for 1.4 million less is a good indicator that it was never worth 4.2 million in the first place. Also, when the Bank has a 3.7 million dollar charge against a property, the mortgage has to be paid off either with cash or other security on or before closing. Roseville closed in February/14 and RBC had a token mortgage on that property for 100K, thus that property couldn't be sold unless RBC was aware. IMO, the bank may have taken the proceeds from the farm to offset their charge on Riverside, allowing Riverside to sell for what it did. At the end of the day Riverside+Roseville=RBC loan. MOO

IMHO, while Sachak was questioning Williams, he hit home the fact that she was just an uneducated person who taught herself how to do bookkeeping entries. Considering that Millardair didn't have any business and just 3 people on the payroll, knowing that it was taking her 10 hours a month to make these entries is kind of problematic in itself- isn't it? Plus she didn't seem to be all that accurate of a bookkeeper ($1,800 mistaken as $18,000???) The D also made it clear that she didn't do DM's personal bookkeeping. So, LW wasn't particularly speedy or accurate and her knowledge was limited to what she could teach herself. And, if I'm not mistaken she still works for Millardair, processing the 5K a month payroll for their only employee MB, who happens to be DM's deceased fathers ex-wife. Even though MB took control of the Co after DM was arrested, it was still necessary for the bookkeeper to go and see DM in jail 6 times. It takes a special type of person to take the stand, swear under oath, get publicly noted by her clients lawyer as someone who doesn't know anything about what she's doing and then smile at her client when she finishes. MOO

in a lot of the testimony some are referring to Millardair and Millard Holdings and Millard Properties are they actually 3 separate companies? Is his real estate Millard Holdings?

A cherry red 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 was registered to Millard Holdings Ltd or is that considered Millardair?
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ct_is_completely_in_shock_by_the_charges.html

Burns — who was also put in charge at the family companies Millard Holdings and Millard Properties in May

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/madeleine-burns

Another groupie, albeit a somewhat two-faced one?

Without wanting to make any accusations of course, her testimony almost feels like some kind of witness tampering has occurred since yesterday when she first appeared on the stand. Really? She doesn't know if it was $18000 or $1800? She was doing the books since what, 2010? And she had access to the info from the last time DM went to Baha, but she's not sure?

why don't they have the actual files and paperwork in front of them..statements etc to back up any claims? If they only claimed 1800 as an expense then why isn't Pillay showing those expense receipts...if they claimed 18000 then why doesn't the crown show they claimed 18,000. Are those files not available? without proof I kinda feel her hearsay is invalid.

Playing devils advocate here but can we review which pieces of evidence that are not circumstantial since the DNA can not be extracted and we can not be sure (even though we are) that that was TB's body.
I know we have finger prints and blood but they do not necessarily mean a murder was committed (even though we know it was).
just thinking ahead to what the defence's case will be.

in a lot of the testimony some are referring to Millardair and Millard Holdings and Millard Properties are they actually 3 separate companies? Is his real estate Millard Holdings?

A cherry red 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 was registered to Millard Holdings Ltd or is that considered Millardair?
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ct_is_completely_in_shock_by_the_charges.html

Burns — who was also put in charge at the family companies Millard Holdings and Millard Properties in May

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/tag/madeleine-burns

The first article says Millard Holdings Ltd. is an amalgamated company formerly held by Carl Millard and Wayne Millard. Based on this info and the Millardair Wikipedia entry, I'm going to guess that Millard Holdings Ltd. owns whatever was left over of Millard Air Incorporated upon the death of Wayne Millard in 2012. This might include vehicles, aircraft, equipment, and any other assets and liabilities of Millard Air except for the hangar, which was most likely owned by Millard Properties Inc. I'm just making this assumption because it is common for real estate to be owned in a separate corporation for liability protection.

Playing devils advocate here but can we review which pieces of evidence that are not circumstantial since the DNA can not be extracted and we can not be sure (even though we are) that that was TB's body.
I know we have finger prints and blood but they do not necessarily mean a murder was committed (even though we know it was).
just thinking ahead to what the defence's case will be.

DNA and fingerprints are actually circumstantial evidence, albeit very strong circumstantial evidence.

Direct evidence, in contrast and for example, is the testimony of someone who saw the crime being committed or video of a crime being committed.

Although people have the idea from television that circumstantial evidence is somehow lesser than direct evidence, this is not the case. As the judge in this case instructed the jury on opening day, they are both equally important.

The jury can make inferences based on the evidence. That's how circumstantial evidence works.

It feels like a ripped off week at court, due to all of the legal wrangling. I hate the wait from Friday through Sunday! And then out of last week's 4 days, an entire one of them was spent without the jury present. And now THIS week: Mon had 2 hours, Tues had 1hr, 40min, Wed had 3hrs, 10 min, Thurs had 1 hr, 5 minutes, making this week's total just under 8 hours of testimony time! Ugh! Hope next week is more fruitful!

Imagine how the jury feels. This week's slow pace must have them annoyed and bored. I know I would be if I were a juror.

Imagine how the jury feels. This week's slow pace must have them annoyed and bored. I know I would be if I were a juror.

For some reason, I don't think they are bored...annoyed maybe. When they get called out, I'm sure they are busy trying to piece the puzzle...kinda like all of us.

So, in thinking about some of the statements made this week in court, such as the one about the IT guy it got me to thinking... did MA ever have a website? I was sure they did, but I couldn't remember for certain so I did a search. And found this: https://whoisology.com/archive_12/millardair.com

So... yeah. :thinking:

For some reason, I don't think they are bored...annoyed maybe. When they get called out, I'm sure they are busy trying to piece the puzzle...kinda like all of us.

Fun for us because we can discuss it. They can't.

The CN letters - could LW have been the go-between?

Unless she one of those magicians who do the trick where a card magically appears on the other side of a glass, it would be pretty much impossible for her to have smuggled out papers from visits to DM. There is a wall of glass/plexiglass between prisoners and visitors that is so thick that they must communicate through a telephone handset.

So, in thinking about some of the statements made this week in court, such as the one about the IT guy it got me to thinking... did MA ever have a website? I was sure they did, but I couldn't remember for certain so I did a search. And found this: https://whoisology.com/archive_12/millardair.com

So... yeah. :thinking:

All part of the ever expanding web....imo

Did I miss something about court today?? Thought I read that it was on Mon thru Fri this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member