Bosma Murder Trial 02.25.16 - Day 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS currently has a camero for sale on a collector car website....his message to potential buyers

No Lowball offers please
No test pilots

I know...the irony is rich. :notgood:

MOO

Well her husband is dealing with NAPA for some reason??? Getting car parts for a plane hangar. Or was the IT guy just there to answer the phone as an acting secretary if no one else was there? How much IT work needed to be done anyway? The website was pretty minimal IIRC, did the computers crash regularly or something? JMO

"In the past, Leitch said the case involves "one of the largest computer seizures in Ontario criminal law history."

I've always been curious what this entails and how it relates to "IT". Not to get off topic....just came to mind.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4501970-clairmont-one-year-must-be-an-eternity-for-tim-bosma-s-family/

So that leads me to ponder on the 6 visits of LW to DM....did he personally coach her to do something similar when she got on the stand. LW recalled that she had visited DM in detention 5 or 6 times without explaining the reason for her visit.
MOO

RSBM

As far as I know, jail visits are monitored via the telephone handsets that visitors and prisoners communicate on. Those are some of the kinds of conversations that guards are looking for, I believe. There is separation glass that prevents them from passing notes or drugs as well.

My opinion only.

Maybe Charlie did IT work for them previously. She said she met DM in 2001, and that's when the IT company started in Mississauga.

Just wanted to clarify this. She said she "knew of" DM in 2001. Then she went on to say that she had met him a handful of times prior to her starting as the MA bookkeeper in Jan 2012.

DM was 14 or 15 in 2001. She may have "known of him" because of his accomplishments in flight. But I don't think she met him until much later. I also don't think she indicated that her husband was working for MA in 2001 either as that would have been when CM was very much alive and in control of things.

MOO

Someone asked earlier how old LW was and if she was about the age to hang out with DM. In court, she testified that she was married to her husband for the past 6 years, but they were a couple for 32 years before that (or 32 years total, I'm not sure). This should give you some idea as to her age. Much older than DM.

Except I think we saw the opposite today. This witness seems to have claimed on the stand that she remembers now, 3 years later, that the information she gave LE 3 years ago was incorrect due to lack of memory back then, 4 days after the arrest.

IOW...she wasn't there to support her own testimony, given 4 days after the arrest when her memory should have been clear, and help out the Crown's case at all...which seems to have been a surprise to them.

MOO

Did the crown know that her estimate of the race costs were so far off when they started discussing it yesterday? Was that a correction or a curveball today, does anyone know?

As I have sat through the trial to date, I have become more and more impressed with the lead prosecutor Tony Leitch. It would be a mistake to underestimate him.

This case has been meticulously prepared and -- until it got somewhat sidetracked with legal wrangling this week -- it was humming along.

I think everyone in the courtroom wants to get back to hearing from witnesses.

In the past, Leitch said the case involves "one of the largest computer seizures in Ontario criminal law history."

I've always been curious what this entails and how it relates to "IT". Not to get off topic....just came to mind.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4...r-must-be-an-eternity-for-tim-bosma-s-family/

Wow, interesting find! I wonder what Leitch is referring to. Could it be actual PCs, or any type of computing device (cell phones, tablets, security systems, cameras, etc.)? It was reported that LE received over 10,000 hours of security video footage, but wasn't most of that submitted rather than seized? Would the collection of cell phone data count as a "computer seizure"?

Wow, interesting find! I wonder what Leitch is referring to. Could it be actual PCs, or any type of computing device (cell phones, tablets, security systems, cameras, etc.)? It was reported that LE received over 10,000 hours of security video footage, but wasn't most of that submitted rather than seized? Would the collection of cell phone data count as a "computer seizure"?

That's a question we've been asking for years. :waitasec:

Still no idea if the large scale seizure of computers and/or electronics led to anything significant though. :dunno:

MOO

LW also testified that DM wanted to go back and do the Baja race again. This, IMO, may be the big take away from her testimony; that and the fact that finances were strained.

Absolutely. I hope the jury got those two messages and that there is more to come to back up those revelations.

MOO

Why is she visiting him 6 times in jail when she claims to only work 10 hours a month for Millardair?

Another groupie, albeit a somewhat two-faced one?

Without wanting to make any accusations of course, her testimony almost feels like some kind of witness tampering has occurred since yesterday when she first appeared on the stand. Really? She doesn't know if it was $18000 or $1800? She was doing the books since what, 2010? And she had access to the info from the last time DM went to Baha, but she's not sure?

I would say that she was pretending to know less than she knew. At least in her testimony. JMO.

ETA: on one occasion during her testimony, the Crown provided her police statements to her in order to help her refresh her memory, but she stated that it did not refresh her memory regarding the question they had asked. The Crown's frustration was apparent to all in the courtroom.

Does anyone remember when Skylar pretended to be a dumb bookkeeper in Breaking Bad to keep Ted out of prison?

Honest questions:
Is that illegal then for SS to work for DM while on no contact/witness list?
How can SS is testifying when it seems like a conflict of interest?
How was SS involved and knew so much but not charged with anything?

Interesting questions.
If DM' mother took control of the MA after DM's arrest, can SS be still be an employee and not violate the court orders. After all he has the right to work.
I'm not sure if SS is testifying for the crown or the defense.
A lot of people here have the consensus that SS had to know what was going on at MA.
IMO, May be he simply wanted to work and at the end of the day he didn't really care how DM was going around his business.
I hope he's smart enough to testify for the crown.

SS currently has a camero for sale on a collector car website....his message to potential buyers

No Lowball offers please
No test pilots

Sorry to quote myself, but wow, that car sold fast. I can't find the ad now.

Hmm, I wonder if this is the Camaro that DM drove down to Nevada in April 2012 to pick up.

Edited to add: I found the ad.

Interesting questions.
If DM' mother took control of the MA after DM's arrest, can SS be still be an employee and not violate the court orders. After all he has the right to work.
I'm not sure if SS is testifying for the crown or the defense.
A lot of people here have the consensus that SS had to know what was going on at MA.
IMO, May be he simply wanted to work and at the end of the day he didn't really care how DM was going around his business.
I hope he's smart enough to testify for the crown.

The witnesses don't have the luxury of choosing who they will testify for, the crown or the defence.

They can be subpoenaed by any of the three parties in this trial, and no matter who subpoenas them, they must testify to the truth.

They are essentially testifying on the side of truth, that is who they are really testifying for.

The morning of May 9 Millard was texting with her husband Dubien I'm assuming about the pvr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 27
Hmm, I wonder if this is the Camaro that DM drove down to Nevada in April 2012 to pick up.

Edited to add: I found the ad.

I found it to, in the description, it does say it is "all new parts" hmmmmm

Riverside is sold, and one can assume the bank charge of $3.8M against it was related to the loan for the hangar. They must have had to sell it to clear the debt...too bad, it was a good income-generating property.
Riverside sold for 2.8 million in November/14- more than a year after it was listed. Up until 2007, Riverside was registered to CM & WM. After CM died, WM owned it in his name and then a few months later he transferred title to DM for 1.085 million, however, WM registered a 1 million dollar mortgage against it- wiped out when WM died. It's currently owned by an Ontario #'d company.

The morning of May 9 Millard was texting with her husband Dubien I'm assuming about the pvr

I'm curious about the 'unknown' numbers. I would assume LE had a way to track them all down to at least a fake name like Juicy, so what is with the unknown calls, anyone have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500