Bosma Murder Trial 03.07.16 - Day 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 7 2016 11:20 AM
"This is only a small portion of what was there," Jones says. "The stain would have been much bigger. The altering has left what is left here."

Mar 7 2016 11:20 AM
Now taking the morning recess. Back in 20 minutes.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 30s30 seconds ago
Now mist spatter to left of glovebox on dash. Small spatters right into glove box. Most of those spots are unaltered.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 55s55 seconds ago
Source of blood had to be straight out in front of glove box, slightly to passenger side, says Jones. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 41s42 seconds ago
Jury heard when #Bosma left for test drive, he was in passenger seat. Tall man driving. Shorter man in back seat. Millard taller than Smich.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s16 seconds ago
Now looking at dash. Spatter stain on crack btwn glove box/dash, Jones says. #Bosma

Gunshot spatter - includes both forward spatter from the exit wound and back spatter from the entrance wound. Gunshot spatter will vary depending on the caliber of the gun, where the victim is struck, whether the bullet exits the body, distance between the victim and the gun and location of the victim relative to walls, floors and objects. Typically, forward spatter is a fine mist and back spatter is larger and fewer drops.
http://www.forensicsciencesimplified.org/blood/principles.html

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
Remember Millard's "ring" he suddenly started sporting at start of the trial? It's actually a hair elastic wrapped around his ring finger.

Griffin ‏@griffd106
@susanclairmont does he wear it every day?

Susan ClairmontVerified account
‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Griffin
Yes.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s53 seconds ago
Jones is the 67th witness called so far by the Crown at the Tim #Bosma murder trial. Another 39 to go. We're on Week 6.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 52s53 seconds ago
Jones is the 67th witness called so far by the Crown at the Tim #Bosma murder trial. Another 39 to go. We're on Week 6.

67th, really? It doesn't feel like that many.

Remember Millard's "ring" he suddenly started sporting at start of the trial? It's actually a hair elastic wrapped around his ring finger.

Griffin ‏@griffd106

Yes.

I wonder if this is one of CN's hair bands or what the significance is?

A question for anyone who has been to the trial in the past few weeks. How does the jury appear to be reacting to all the evidence presented so far? I'm just curious if they seem engaged, weary, emotional, inquisitive, etc? Do they glance or stare often at the accused? Do they take notes often or just take it all in?

I'm just curious because there has been very little talk about the jury, other than that they spend a lot of time in the backroom waiting for legal arguments. Just trying to put a human perspective to that part of the trial process.

Thanks.

Griffin ‏@griffd106

Yes.

I wonder if this is for anxiety? My most recent boss always had either an elastic or hair elastic on his wrist or finger as a coping mechanism for anxiety. Apparently it is pretty standard for this purpose. Though a good conspiracy theory would be that he truly is psychotic and it is LB's hair elastic. ;) MOO

Jay Connely ‏@JehConnely
@susanclairmont How do you know how many witnesses? You do not know who they are correct?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9s10 seconds ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted Jay Connely
I know because the Crown told me. No, I do not know who all of them will be.

T-Bot ‏@barberofcivil
@susanclairmont last week Smich and Millard's lawyers were debating the location of the shell casing, what significance does this have?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 32s32 seconds ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted T-Bot
They are hoping to shed light on who the shooter was based on seating positions in the truck.

Nicole Jessome ‏@nicole_jessome 6m6 minutes ago
@susanclairmont @mollyhayes I'm no expert but the crown seems to be extremely thorough in this case. Very impressive so far.

A question for anyone who has been to the trial in the past few weeks. How does the jury appear to be reacting to all the evidence presented so far? I'm just curious if they seem engaged, weary, emotional, inquisitive, etc? Do they glance or stare often at the accused? Do they take notes often or just take it all in?

I'm just curious because there has been very little talk about the jury, other than that they spend a lot of time in the backroom waiting for legal arguments. Just trying to put a human perspective to that part of the trial process.

Thanks.
There is a large monitor that obscures the view of the jury. It's hard to see them.

johnlemon ‏@LondonerLemon
@susanclairmont Surprised everyday lawyers present arguments without jury, can you give us a ficticious exmple of what discussed

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 39s39 seconds ago
Susan Clairmont Retweeted johnlemon
I did a whole column about this a few weeks ago if you go back and have a look. No time to find link right now.

I wonder if this is for anxiety? My most recent boss always had either an elastic or hair elastic on his wrist or finger as a coping mechanism for anxiety. Apparently it is pretty standard for this purpose. Though a good conspiracy theory would be that he truly is psychotic and it is LB's hair elastic. ;) MOO

My opinion is that he is telegraphing a message to CN that he considers himself " married " to her. It might be an attempt to manipulate her emotions so that she will go easier on him during her testimony. This would be classical psychopathic behaviour. They always act in their own best interests, and try to control and manipulate the emotions of others. IMO

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 36s36 seconds ago
We're back in court now. Spatter on glove box being discussed. #Bosma

Melinda Ann ‏@mnosalbuzak
@susanclairmont Could you see a book coming out of this trial, like Wade Hemsworth's Killing Time?

‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Melinda Ann
I'm sure there are people who will write books on this, yes.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9s9 seconds ago
Jones says blood stains found on inside of glovebox are consistent with being produced by a shooting

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 5s5 seconds ago
Expert says blood stains on #Bosma truck glove box are consistent with a shooting.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 37s37 seconds ago
Larger blood stain will travel further than a smaller one, Jones says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 36s37 seconds ago
Looking at stains on opening of glove box door. Fine spatter pattern is consistent with a shooting, Jones says. #Bosma

Lindsey Glavaz ‏@the_wingwoman
@susanclairmont Can you remind me, is there still court sessions during March Break?

‏@susanclairmont Susan Clairmont Retweeted Lindsey Glavaz
No.

Mar 7 2016 11:48 AM
Court now back in session. The jury is being recalled.

Mar 7 2016 11:52 AM
There were blood stains on the side of the front console that can be seen when the glove box door is opened. "You can see this type of stain when there's a misting, from a high amount of force." Jones says they're consistent with being caused by a shooting.

Mar 7 2016 11:55 AM
Crown Tony Leitch gives a hypothetical: a person sitting in the passenger side and they're shot from behind. Jones says there are too many dynamics involved to say if that happened.

Mar 7 2016 11:56 AM
Leitch gives another hypothetical: someone in the passsnger side who was shot from the front driver's seat. Jones says again he can't ay for sure. No bullet was found in the vehicle.

Mar 7 2016 11:57 AM
Jones now talking about "forward and back spatter" which happens when a person is shot. Blood goes in both directions.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Jones asked where shots was taken from. He says so many dynamics involved, hard to say.

Leitch asking if #Bosma was in passenger seat, would shot have come from back seat or driver's seat? Jones says he cannot know for sure.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25s25 seconds ago
Expert says he can't say for sure if the shot came from the back seat or the drivers' seat. #TimBosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10s10 seconds ago
Jones asked where shots was taken from. He says so many dynamics involved, hard to say.

Leitch asking if #Bosma was in passenger seat, would shot have come from back seat or driver's seat? Jones says he cannot know for sure.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 25s25 seconds ago
Expert says he can't say for sure if the shot came from the back seat or the drivers' seat. #TimBosma

Nice, he's going to stop the 'blame game' aspect of this early on.

Edit: And I guess we pretty much know for sure now that he was shot inside the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda