Bosma Murder Trial 03.22.16 - Day 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont mentioned seeing an older blond woman in court who was smiling at DM. When asked who she was, she didn't respond. I'll try to find the link. Anyone else remember this?

I can definitely say that the blonde woman who was in court on that day was not LW. I saw her that day and she looks nothing like LW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3h3 hours ago
No jury tomorrow. Court is closed Monday.

It happens. I've had even less contact than text messages.

maybe she was married? she admitted to having kids...perhaps that is why she did not want to cooperate. I just find it very odd though that you would use your kids phones to contact your lover.

It seems that Whidden (I don't want to say LW because aren't those the same initials as the bookkeeper or am I mistaken?) right away contacted DM's lawyer after his arrest, and was told not to give a statement, not to give up anything in her possession without a warrant, etc. That is why the Crown had no previous conversation with her, nor knew for sure what she would testify on the stand. The Crown had proof of text messages, so she didn't have much of a choice other than to testify about what was IN those text messages, otherwise she would perjure herself. The rest could all be lies, if the Crown can't prove anything.

Most people might want to just tell the truth, in order to find the truth in a murder case, and wherever the cards fall, they fall. Of course, one wouldn't want to see their friend/lover/partner/employer go to prison for 25 years for something he didn't do. But is telling the truth going to help that happen? Perhaps not unless the friend is guilty.

In regard to the payment, one thing I read was that the amount was between $7K and $10K. She had already done some work in regard to selling the condo. I have seen it happen before where an agent has done work on a deal, and the property subsequently listed with a different agent/realtor, and then property ends up closing, but the owner wants to ensure that the first agent gets paid at least something for her/his efforts. This was done all legally, with the other agent in effect, having to share the commission between himself and another realtor.

If it says that MB gave her the money, to me, that only means that it was MB looking after the real estate deals at the time, but it wasn't necessarily MB that literally coughed up the cash. She likely only made contractual arrangements to ensure that real estate commissions were allocated between 2 parties. If the second realtor, the one who actually sold the property, was not willing to share the commission, MB could potentially have increased the commission rate to allow for the additional proceeds to go to Whidden.

This does however, leave a bad taste in one's mouth in regard to Whidden, even if the monies paid out were legal. She wants to 'help', takes advice to cooperate as little as required by law, and ends up with a nice chunk of cash. The jury is left to decide if she might know more than she is saying, and for me, the lawyer's presumed advice on 'how to help' gives me the impression of 'how to hide information' as much as possible by law.

It seems like a big game, yes perhaps a 'war game', where the lawyers take every legal step possibly available to them to get their client off on a murder charge, and see how much the judge will go for. Just because it might be inadmissible to talk about the hangar and DM being involved in chopshop activities, doesn't mean it didn't happen and that that type of activity might speak to his character, and prior auto thefts, while all the while, the lawyers tell us how he didn't *need* to steal a truck, is well brought up, intelligent, comes from a good family name, and just generally doesn't fit the bill for this crime.

All in a day's work for a criminal defence lawyer. I seriously don't know how some of them sleep at night.

Court now in session, just waiting on the jury.
by Adam Carter 10:03 AM

maybe she was married? she admitted to having kids...perhaps that is why she did not want to cooperate. I just find it very odd though that you would use your kids phones to contact your lover.

Perhaps if one had a paranoid thought about police eventually having the ability to see the texts between her phone and DM's phone(s), one might ask to use someone else's phone, and quickly delete the txt?

How do handcuffs make one bleed unless they are perhaps trying to get them off and making a scene and resisting arrest, etc? Just curious.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been trying to get on here for a long time lol.

I had a few things I wanted to point out but I forget most of them now haha. But one thing I wanted to mention was DMs tattoo. The mention of looking for a man with that tattoo was quite early on. They associated that tattoo with TB and his truck. So, people may not have watched the news, or read the Internet. But on long drives did they not listen to radios? In most shops, they have the radio on as well. Highly likely that all of the peopl who associated with DM knew he had that tattoo, and knew it was the subject of a police search. My husband works in a shop, he doesn't read or watch the news yet, he knew about this search. We live 20 mins away from the Bosma home. Every town, every gas station, every table talk was in regards to Tim and his disappearance. So, for anyone to get up on the stand and act oblivious is an act. There's no way they didn't know about the tattoo on DM. Especially if there was any intimacy going on.

jmo

Closing up now

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics