Bosma Murder Trial 04.25.16 - Day 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya! Click on the username of the posted you would like to ignore and when it goes to their profile there is an "add to ignore list" option on the left side of the page.

Oh gosh, I daren't look to see how many people are ignoring me! :blushing:

Yep, I realize it is all over rap, just like being a pimp is glorified as the ultimate career choice of the young black man............does not make it right or acceptable. This type of thinking and desensitizing, giant leaps and bounds backward for women and equality IMO.

MM may have brought it up because she was asked............we are not privy to her complete statements that I am aware of. In any event the fact she was most likely abused by MS helps explain her actions in wanting to keep believing him...typical victim behavior IMO, believe he won't hit me again, believe he didn't do these awful things, believe if I try to cover some things for him, its ok because he really was not that involved, believe if I have a baby he is going to man up marry me be a great dad love me forever, etc.

I agree with you. I don't think the physical abuse has any bearing on this trial. The only reason I mention it is to say that like everything else she said, its believability is questionable at best. MM is no different than any of the other witnesses we've seen from Millards posse. Its interesting how so many here choose to believe her and not the rest of them. Thats what playing the "I was abused" card gets you, instant sympathy and credibility.

I agree with you. I don't think the physical abuse has any bearing on this trial. The only reason I mention it is to say that like everything else she said, its believability is questionable at best. MM is no different than any of the other witnesses we've seen from Millards posse. Its interesting how so many here choose to believe her and not the rest of them. Thats what playing the "I was abused" card gets you, instant sympathy and credibility.

My mother-in-law has been in an emotionally and verbally abusive relationship with my father-in-law for 50+years now. Because she cannot openly state her needs, wants, hopes etc, she uses the nasty covert tactics, such as manipulation, guilt trips, lying, false forgetting, and flat out playing dumb. When she gets caught in those tactics, she moves onto whinning and then crying. We have sympathy for her, but she will throw anyone under the bus if it suits her. MM didn't have the 50+ years, but perhaps she saw this from a young age in her own home. Side effects of the abuse IMO

Good morning.:smile: Trial thread is open for posting. Please keep posts limited to today's proceedings.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306114-Bosma-Murder-Trial-04-26-16-Day-40

Many thanks to those posting tweets.
uu-iq4mFOg1AWQcdzdlkGomQWobgjm7D9poGStsiBRIb5SfwyqJbG2ugUh02JzebZkJgov0=s106

Interesting how "abuse" and the word "b****" light up some men with denials. There's no excuse for misogyny. It's never acceptable.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
#Bosma court started early for legal ruling. I'll tweet when the jury comes in. #Smich gf back today, story 6pm @CHCHNews

I don't get what earth shattering things MM said to make a few come down so hard on her? Accusing her of playing an "I was abused" card is a little harsh. IMO

Hey SnooperDuper, totally off-topic as we wait for court to start - I was reading through the WS archives last night about MWJ, and your music video synopses had me in stitches. You have a gift for translating gansta!

Thanks, I had brilliant material to work with lol

I don't get what earth shattering things MM said to make a few come down so hard on her? Accusing her of playing an "I was abused" card is a little harsh. IMO

IMO, what is bugging me so much about this thread and the abuse talk is that MM didn't bring it up. She can only answer questions she is asked while on the stand. My guess is that DM told his lawyers that MS abused MM. Whenever something from MM's police statements was referenced, the statement was mentioned. With the abuse line of questions her statements were never mentioned.

Agreed, and do not agree she played that card anyhow. Defense brought it up, from MM saying "this is not about me" kind of leads me to believe she wishes it had not been.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 43s43 seconds ago
Jury waiting for legal arguments to finish before testimony resumes this morning. #TimBosma

Agreed, and do not agree she played that card anyhow. Defense brought it up, from MM saying "this is not about me" kind of leads me to believe she wishes it had not been.

She said "this is not about me" TWICE. Some people still don't get that.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s22 seconds ago
Jury's back. Meneses is back on the stand. Sachak still up to finish his cross-examination. #Bosma

Closing up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member