Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just that but I thought there was evidence that they were driving around the area a bit before going to time house, to find a place to hide the Yukon... Ms obviously knew something, or what's his excuse to that?

Well, in fairness, they wouldn't want anyone to see the Yukon, or its plates, if they were ripping off a truck.

If they drove up the Bosma driveway, it would have been pretty easy to find them when the took TB's truck.

Regarding the window, MS said he saw a hole in the window, not that the window was busted out. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

In any case it was probably safety glass and might not have left much debris. And we don't know how much time passed before LE was able to pull that footage.

I thought they said they didn't remember if he was wearing one? In any case, he's definitely wearing it in the hangar video, so he did have it with him that night.

Oh yes...he absolutely had it with him. But did he leave it in the Yukon when they walked to TB's? If so, that testimony does not fit. Although he did have it with him when they walked to IT's.

MOO

Also, why did MS turn his phone off if they were just scoping and taking the vehicle for a test drive? No criminal activity happening if it was just a test drive...

Oh yes...he absolutely had it with him. But did he leave it in the Yukon when they walked to TB's? If so, that testimony does not fit. Although he did have it with him when they walked to IT's.

MOO

IIRC SB testified that DM was wearing a satchel. I'll try to find a link.

ETA: Nope, I am not recalling correctly. This wasn't testified to by either Sharlene or their downstairs neighbour.

All I can say is WOW !!!! ..... credit to those couple of people here who posted earlier that they figured the shooting happened at Bobcat ..... hopefully they step up to be recognized. I argued against it , I thought it happened much earlier. WOW !!!

I thought it happened earlier as well. I'm just sick and at a loss for words. Just because DM wanted a truck.

Don't think that has been determined. And that whole area was searched because of the phone. No broken glass? No other bullet casing? Was this just a one shot and done crime? It's not all adding up for me.

MOO

Did he say the shot happened in the parking lot or that's just where they pulled over? From AC's blog it doesn't say but maybe I'm missing it in one of the other tweets. The shot could have happened at any point between the Yukon drop and the BobCat place... IMO

Then they went back to Millard's Maplegate residence.
by Adam Carter 12:12 PM

Smich says he threw up after the test drive, as he was hungover.
by Adam Carter 12:13 PM

Smich says he told Meneses about going out on a test drive on May 6. "She told me it was stupid and I shouldn't go."
by Adam Carter 12:14 PM

IMO he threw up because a murder almost happened.

The bullet leaves the casing when gun is fired. The firing pin strikes the primer, in the bottom of the casing, which ignites the powder pushing the bullet into the barrel. The bullet travels down the barrel, to the target.
The casing remains in the gun until ejected from the right side port, in a Walther PPK, at which point a new round is chambered.

Bullet through TB, then through the window. Casing ejected from right side of gun, into back seat area.

And I hate to say this but thank god the casing was found.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
Jury is now being sent for lunch. Back at 2:15 p.m. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Smich stands as jury leaves for lunch. Millard is very angry. Agitated. Jury just saw video of DM and MS driving in the drk. We return 215.
Angry and agitated? Because framing someone as he was planning blew up in his face? Sucks huh?

Does it seem to anyone else to be astounding that there were video cameras that could capture just exactly this moment?

MOO

Yes quite remarkable. However what amazes me is that with all the experience these morons had with security cameras and evading detection, they stop in front of a well illuminated business with security cameras, to commit a crime unrelated to that business itself. Cops should tack on a 1st Degree Dumbass charge onto the murder 1.

If the events are accurate. I am sure the location was searched for broken glass. Never heard of any found at that location.
MOO

IMO the stop at the bobcat dealership was to do exactly as I stated this morning, change the plates. We have no idea still if that is where Bosma died because we already know Smich isn't telling the truth.

MOO

And what about the holster we know DM had? Did DM have the gun in there and then put the gun in the satchel at some point later? MS may be using the truth as much as he can (testimony about gun going into satchel), and lying when it comes to showing he knew the plan was to kill Tim, or was there for the shooting.

Here's the problem with his story. Millard says "You guys follow in the Yukon", insinuating that his Tim Horton's pal is in the truck. Smich knows this is not true and isn't sure whats going on, so he plays along. But he doesn't have the keys and he doesn't question Millard about it. He wouldn't have expected Millard to leave the keys in the cupholder, so for all he knew he was walking towards a locked truck while his pal pulled away. I call BS.

And at 12:19, only four minutes off ;)

IF this version of events is true, it's possible MS saw DM leave the keys in the cupholder before they got out and walked to the Bosma house. I do have to wonder about Tim seeing MS get into the driver's side of the Yukon that was supposedly parked there by the friend that couldn't find Tim Hortons. I suppose it's possible that Tim never saw that, that they were parked at such an angle when MS got out of the truck that Tim's field of vision would have prevented him from seeing MS get in the driver's side of the Yukon.

He claims he saw a bullet hole. Meaning, the glass didn't shatter?

IIRC When the forensics expert testified, it was said that the window was rolled down and almost all of it was intact? I'll try to find it

Does it seem to anyone else to be astounding that there were video cameras that could capture just exactly this moment?

MOO

No because most business, companies and stores have them nowadays.

Do you have a link?

Maybe you have me on ignore, but here's some more. This is from Sharlene's testimony:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/tim-bosma-court-day1-millard-smich-trial-1.3426062

Feb 1 2016 3:02 PM The two men who came down the driveway were 5-10 feet away from her, Sharlene says. "Cell phone guy seemed to lead the introductions. I felt like he was the buyer

Feb 1 2016 3:03 PM The two men said they had gotten dropped off, and that a friend was waiting for them at Tim Hortons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675