Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 5 Std.Vor 5 Stunden Übersetzung anzeigen
"Do you know where today that gun would be?" Dungey says. "No, I don't," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

bbm
At the moment I read his/this answer I was convinced MS was lying. Too short, too explizit for an answer of him who yesterday answered in another form somehow. That "No, I don't" disappointed me.

Certainly would have been more believable if he said, "its in the woods that run along the creek behind my house, but I can't honestly remember exactly where".

If he honestly buried it there it wouldn't surprise me that he can't remember where. I'd guess he was in this woods almost daily, smoking joints and hanging out. It been three years and one tree looks like another. I play golf and sometimes hit a ball in to the woods. I'll locate it, walk out to get a club, then not be able to find it again. And the ball wasn't buried three years ago!

Very possibly, but you would also be surprised at what details LE will note even on a traffic stop, for this reason. One small piece of info can break open a case down the road hence they are trained to take notes about this stuff even on a basic traffic stop.

I caught a view of my police file after getting briefly picked up a few years back in Oakville. They still had notes in there about the car I was in and clothes I was wearing from a previous stop which had been 4 years prior!

Sure, judging by the interior shots of the Yukon I wouldn't blame LE for carding him. But I'll lay dollars to donuts it happened after midnight.

Not surprisingly, Dungey is very careful with his questioning following the murder, and MS is quite vague in his answers. No idea where the gun is? Really? Talk about full of ****. I am surprised Dungey even asked the question, knowing the answer. It just makes Smich seem like a liar, IMO.

On another note, if, as MS says, they were only scoping out a truck and would steal in later, one would assume they were also just "scoping" when the went out with Igor, in broad daylight, the day before. Why then, as Igor testified, did DM turn to MS following the Israeli army comment, and "you don't want to know what I did." If they were only scoping out the truck, why would he do that, as if to say "No way we are doing this?" Why not just finish the test drive, and agree later that it wasn't a truck they wanted?

Was it because they were planning to overpower Igor and when that comment was made, DM and MS decided that wasn't such a good idea because they were going to get their asses whipped? Why would DM have to turn around at all?

MOO

Until MS became a witness I thought the scene in Igor's truck was verrry meaningful. Now I really don't know ..,:eek:

He was pulled over and and officer filled out a contact card after taking note of the tattoo

Cops are supposed to need a reason to card someone. They wouldn't just do it because he had a tattoo. You need to be involved in suspicious activity to be carded, or at the very least look suspicious.

Just a thought but what if his sister got rid of the gun when she found it? He is saying he got rid of it to protect any involvement.

I can't say the reason but that what has been reported. Not everyone fell for DMs charm maybe he found him to be a little suspicious or didn't get a good vibe from him.People in the Toronto area have been carded just for the colour of their skin. A contact card. If it wasn't done who knows what would have happened

Cops are supposed to need a reason to card someone. They wouldn't just do it because he had a tattoo. You need to be involved in suspicious activity to be carded, or at the very least look suspicious.
a contact card was filled out after he noted his tattoo not because he had one

Indeed. I think that the gun is not in the forest and is retrievable. MS, who is a career criminal, isn't going to part with that tool easily. For someone who was very agitated because he f---d up and worried about the guys who were gonna get him, I doubt that he lost the gun.

MS is a dangerous criminal. I certainly am not happy that the gun is still out there.

Interesting that Smich says he wanted to sell the gun but never considers calling MWJ about it. :thinking:

"Looking suspicious" can literally mean anything. I am telling you now cops do this all the time for suspicious or not. Another example of this I can cite happen to me - In London, Ontario i was attending Homecoming for Western University. LE was driving around in Vans videotaping all those who were out at the bars. In a sense we were all being 'carded' as they could go back and note our descriptions and cross reference this to any crime in the area that night.

a contact card was filled out after he noted his tattoo not because he had one

I don't think its ever been detailed as too why Millard was carded. If you can provide a source more detailed than a one lined MSM story, I'll believe you.

I agree with you on many things....the number of people who knew what happened and did NOTHING is beyond my comprehension....

BBM - was actually his father in law (not that it really matters....) BUT he only called CrimeStoppers and WOULD NOT disclose the location of the truck. From what I understand it was the Lucas Bate phone which led LE to Igor, which led to the tattoo description, which led to DM. AJ only went to the police AFTER the police came to the hangar.....I understand he was scared for his family, but I'm not giving him a gold star for honesty. MOO

AJ only went to police after he was fired.

meh - dont think its too important why he was carded - more important to note thats what cracked this case open. For someone like myself who has been carded alot and in general am anti-carding, it shows how much of an investigative tool it can be.

"Looking suspicious" can literally mean anything. I am telling you now cops do this all the time for suspicious or not. Another example of this I can cite happen to me - In London, Ontario i was attending Homecoming for Western University. LE was driving around in Vans videotaping all those who were out at the bars. In a sense we were all being 'carded' as they could go back and note our descriptions and cross reference this to any crime in the area that night.

Thats a whole different story. LE will videotape crime scenes simply because criminals like to keep an eye on what they've done. It also doesn't infringe on your rights while carding does.

That's a great question. I'd have to say no, based on the testimony given so far from those closest to both (DM appeared to carry on after TB's murder, business as usual while MS seemed to have lost his mind, freaked out and went into hiding at MM's sister's place and tried to drum up the money to hire a lawyer), the fact that he was a two-timer (possibly a three-timer?) with his women, and probably most importantly, DM's manipulative letters from jail to CN. He put it in writing that he was planning on weaseling his way out of this charge.

Brendan Daly testified Smich was normal until Thursday night. Likewise Marlena. And then there was the celebration in the car, Marlena described. I don't remember offhand who has given WEdnesday May 8 as the moving date . They were still at Smich's mother's house on Thursday when Smich ran past Daly and didn't speak to him. Smich supposedly had doctor's appointments Wednesday. Also the money for the lawyer came after Millard's arrest.

I don't think its ever been detailed as too why Millard was carded. If you can provide a source more detailed than a one lined MSM story, I'll believe you.

Taken from Ann Bros blog
There are a few updates on the linked Dellen Millard investigations, however. An alert reader kindly pointed out to me that the Toronto Star recently reported on how “a ‘208’ contact card during a traffic stop led police to accused murderer Dellen Millard.” This jibes with information I received that MIllard had been stopped on a traffic violation before Tim Bosma’s disappearance and murder. The cop made a note of his tattoo and this was then used to identify him after the test drive witness described the tattoo. It’s not clear whether the tattoo information was in a database or the cop’s memory.

"Did you have any idea Michalski was bringing you a gun?" Dungey asks. "No, no idea," Smich says. "I thought he was going to be bringing me a bag of weed."
by Adam Carter 10:16 AM

Smich says he says he "never owned a gun."
by Adam Carter 10:16 AM

Smich says he thought this was the gun that was used to kill Bosma.
by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

Goodman addresses the jury, says he thought today's evidence would be longer, but that's all for today. Now legal arguments. Cross-examination of Smich starts Monday at 10 a.m.
by Adam Carter 10:17 AM

Who had the gun after TB was shot? I thought DM had it, then it was taken from his house after his arrest by MH.
Now we hear AM had it?
Was it in the washing machine at MS's moms house or was it locked in the tool box?
I'm confused, no wonder they are in legal arguments after this topic came up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea