Bosma Murder Trial 05.16.16 - Day 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he assumed he wouldn't put it on the front porch. But figured he'd put it in one of the three places he hung out. #Bosma

His sister was visiting for a wedding. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
sachak suggests he was putting the gun around the family he was "soo close with." #Bosma

Smich says no, he put it in the washing machine for a couple days then got rid of it. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"You wanted [the gun] brought to the house of a family that means everything to you," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Each time Smich answered a variation of "I didn't" #Bosma

"As long as Mark Smich is away from the gun, who cares if my mom or sister Andrea end up with that gun," Sachak suggests. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Now Sachak suggests Smich didn't care about his mother and sisters by hiding the gun in his mom's Oakville home. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Smich again says he was "shocked, scared and confused." #TimBosma #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Smich wearing white shirt today. Sipping water on stand. Remaining very calm. #Bosma

Sachak now asking about the layout of the mother's and Meneses' sister's in an effort to show there was room at his mother's and he could have stayed.
by Adam Carter 4:26 PM

"The reason being you wanted to avoid the police," Sachak says. Smich says he wanted to get away from the gun.
by Adam Carter 4:27 PM

Sachak says Smich knew that his prints were on Igor Tumanenko's car from May 5. Smich says he wasn't concerned bout that.
by Adam Carter 4:28 PM

That's it for today. We're back tomorrow at 10 a.m.
by Adam Carter 4:28 PM

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Smich unofficially went to Elizabeth's house on May 8, 2013. But hadn't asked if they could stay there yet. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Sachak says they unofficially went to Elizabeth's house on May 8, 2013. Smich says yes but hadn't asked her if they could stay yet. #Bosma

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Smich can't recall if he even slept there on those nights (May 8/9). After Dell's arrest, agrees yes they were there. #Bosma

Sachak again comparing the number of bedrooms/bathrooms between Smich's mom's house and Elizabeth's house. #Bosma

Sachak suggests this was to avoid the police. "I wanted to get away from the gun," Smich adds. #Bosma

Sachak suggests he had left his prints on Igor Tumenenko's truck -- and police had his prints on file. #Bosma

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Smich knew that his prints were on Igor Tumanenko's car from May 5. Smich says he wasn't concerned bout that. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich agrees they would've had his prints (he has a record) but that thought didn't cross his mind. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he wasn't thinking about whether he left fingerprints with Igor. Court done for the day. #Bosma

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Jury dismissed until 10 a.m. tomorrow. #Bosma

Why doesn't he just say the size of the shovel??! I keep picturing the little ones a foot long, for hand gardening - to fit in his backpack. This is weird.

Because maybe he doesn't know if his mom had a small spade. Perhaps she only had a large one. Better to say you don't know what size, than to say the wrong size.

I'm way behind in my reading here, so no doubt several others have already said that MS's story of riding his bike - drunk and high, at night, in the woods, over tree roots and rocks, holding a spade, plus a bag with a gun, with a dislocated shoulder - lacks credibility.

When is this stupid line of questioning going to end? It's not proving anything imo.

I'm wondering if he's ever going to go back to the night of the crime and "suggest" DM's version of events. :waitasec:

Court back in session, the jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

Sachak asks Smich to describe the area where he buried the gun. "I don't recall," Smich says. He says he couldn't see any city lights.
by Adam Carter 12:00 PM

Smich says all he could see was starlight or moonlight.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

"Is there a road you can recall or a main intersection?" Sachak asks. "I don't recall," Smich says while sighing.
by Adam Carter 12:01 PM

Couldn't have been much moonlight since the moon was in the wrong phase for that, and starlight won't light up a path in the woods.

http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-may-2013.phtml

I'm wondering if he's ever going to go back to the night of the crime and "suggest" DM's version of events. :waitasec:

I don't think he can do that. In his closing he might though.

"What gave you the authority to open a toolbox that belongs to Dellen Millard, according to your evidence?" Sachak asks. Smich says it's usually not locked, and he expected to find dru
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM

Sachak says the lock suggests it was not to be opened.
by Adam Carter 4:08 PM

And who gave DM and MS the authority to hop a fence and steal trees? Who gave them the authority to hitch random trailers to DMs Yukon and drive off in the night? And who gave DM authority to steal the Bobcat and remove the GPS tracking device? Is this guy for real? Faulty logic in his cross examination IMO

A huge "Thank you" to all who so kindly copy and paste all the courtroom tweets every day! That is a lot of work. Please know your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And who gave DM and MS the authority to hop a fence and steal trees? Who gave them the authority to hitch random trailers to DMs Yukon and drive off in the night? And who gave DM authority to steal the Bobcat and remove the GPS tracking device? Is this guy for real? Faulty logic in his cross examination IMO

I think Sachak's questioning that involves MS not getting "permission" from Millard or something similar, is to show that MS was not in fear of DM. I think. Sachak really has me scratching my head at times. MOO

This is exactly my train of thought.

With these seemingly irrelevant, and obvious, questions (such as the marshmallow questions, MS knows he couldn't see the city lights, remembers the grass was trimmed) , Sachak is setting him up. He can remember not bringing marshmallows to the forest, and that grass was trimmed short, but he can't remember the exact place he buried the gun, which is why he went to the forest in the first place.

but you are referring to a fact that is easily remembered because of how ridiculous it is... gives no creedence to what your saying..

Biggest waste of a trial day so far. Sachak accomplished nothing, jurors are likely frustrated.

I feel as though I've learned nothing new today, through this line of questioning. Perhaps DM s lawyer would have made more head way, focusing on his prior criminal record before he met DM. And how DM was good to him trying to help him with his drinking problem. Instead I find myself believing MS story of events more. Having said that, I still believe that MS deserves a hefty sentence for not only what he did participate in, as much as his inactivity of not reporting it. Jmo

I think Sachak's questioning that involves MS not getting "permission" from Millard or something similar, is to show that MS was not in fear of DM. I think. Sachak really has me scratching my head at times. MOO
He couldn't get permission if he wanted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member