Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. If the "other item" that was also seized were the letters, it would have never been said that way. It would have been reported that other item(s) were seized. It wasn't just one letter, or one item, there were numerous letters.

If they were all together in a 'batch', I could see them noting them as another 'item'. It seems that the one officer found the DVR and the other officer found the letters. The Crown didn't want the first officer to mention the other 'item' because at that time in the trial, they were reviewing the DVR evidence, and wanted to save the letters for when CN could be questioned about them on the stand as the final Crown witness. Sounds reasonable? moo

I don't have anything readily available, no. The comment was moo. This is bugging me now, though - so I'm going to go digging.

As an aside - Does media have access to the exhibit files before they are made available to the general public? I feel like we've seen some photos in media in (almost) real-time, before the exhibit in its entirety is filed online at the end of the day. I wonder if the photo was edited (ie circle removed) before the exhibit was made generally available, or if one of the photos in the series was removed - i.e. to remove attention drawn to an item unrelated to the current trial. I do recall that at least one of the powerpoints had pages and images removed before it was formally released to the public. (This was evident due to the lack of continuity in image numbering, page numbering and notes referenced. That one I would be able to find a link for, but I'd have to look.)

I believe that media has access to the exhibits as soon as they are officially made exhibits by the judge. I believe it is at the media's discretion as to whether they will publicly post the exhibits. The media would not have the authority to alter the exhibit before posting it publicly, however I suspect that it is once again in their discretion whether they would post the exhibit in its entirety or just post part of it. The exhibits I believe are public, and there is probably a way for the public to see the exhibits (for a fee?). All moo.

For some reason I seem to recall that was SS that said that, but don't quote me on it.

I was pretty sure it was SS as well. Point being, I'm not sure why it's being questioned now here. It was already cleared up by testimony that there was no hydro there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase