Boulder Grand Jury Voted To Indict-Boulder Dailey Camera

OK-I know you guys are probably tired of my questions- LOL-but I will just ask one more
I read on the FFJ site about starting a civil suit -can anyone clue me in on this?TIA

Here's some info on what a citizen of CO could do, other than a civil suit:

Please refer to PMPT, pg 486, and read the note that Suzanne Laurion, press representative with top creditials hired by the DA's office, wrote to Bardach, who was doing an article for Vanity Fair.

This is the sentence that slapped me in the face: "Under Colorado Law, any citizen can challenge the decision of the District Attorney in a particular case by filing with a motion to compel prosecution."

pg 670 - "Daniel Hoffman, one of the lawyers working pro bono for the police, remarked to Bill Ritter during an earlier break, "Looks like they got it". "Got what", Ritter countered. "Felony Murder," Hoffmann said confidently.

If this case resurrects to stand another grand jury investigation, and Garnett will not be able to bring in an indictment for a murder charge, maybe, just maybe someone will be ready!

Have been following this case and thread for years and was speechless to see the headline this morning when I checked the news online. We may finally know the truth!

I have read Steve Thomas's book and Lawrence Schiller's book. Kolar is next on my list. Especially after reading Thomas, I began to really suspect that the DA knew BR was responsible and that JR and PR covered it up. AH was tight with Ramsey attorneys from the get-go. Imagine what a mess of a case that would have been to prosecute. I recently reviewed the autopsy photos at acandyrose and the dent made by the blow to the head resembles the head of a golf club. Of course, I'm no forensic scientist, but I was struck by the obvious resemblance.

Looking forward to contributing more as new developments unfold!

Statement by Lin Wood:

"I have known for years that Boulder prosecutors did not file charges against John or Patsy Ramsey because the evidence to prosecute them did not exist," said Ramsey family attorney L. Lin Wood. "Assuming the recent reporting is accurate, perhaps the confusion of the grand jury over alleged child abuse could have been avoided if prosecutors had permitted John and Patsy to testify before the grand jury, which they repeatedly offered to do at the time. The DNA tests performed after the time of the Boulder grand jury not only prove the Ramsey family to be innocent and the grand jury wrong, they also make former District Attorney Alex Hunter a hero who wisely avoided a gross miscarriage of justice."

So I guess he is trying to claim that neither he...nor the Ramseys...knew that the GJ had voted to indict?

Statement by Lin Wood:

So I guess he is trying to claim that neither he...nor the Ramseys...knew that the GJ had voted to indict?

eileenhawkeye,
Just what is this man saying?

The DNA tests performed after the time of the Boulder grand jury not only prove the Ramsey family to be innocent and the grand jury wrong,

If I lived in USofA, I'd consider litigation. We all know the touch-dna proves nothing, this is all hot air from LW, trotting out his logic-chopping non-facts.

Best of all is the quote that the GJ were wrong, will someone furnish us with the GJ's wrong facts?

I've read all the discussions about Kolar's book, but still can't quite get past thinking Patsy did it all, like Steve Thomas and Linda P thought.

Statement by Lin Wood:

LW is highly-decorated LIER!!!! Like Ramseys, like LW. The same links in long chain of corruption. Of course they knew!!! Now he's crying why Ramseys were not called to testify for GJ. And I'm asking why ST wasn't call to testify??? Why BPD investigators weren't call???? Because Hunter was paid by Ramsey through LW to keep it 'lost in the woods' case. Ramsey-->LW--->Hunter...follow the money!!!!! It was Hunter who signed 'island of privacy' document made by LW.

I don't care what LW said today. Can of worms has been opened. And he is one of these worms!!!!!

Well well well, the DA refusing to prosecute.!! And what a thoroughly lame excuse. obviously someone was not interested in justice, should be SACKED at the very least and hopefully prosecuted themselves

LW is highly-decorated LIER!!!! Like Ramseys, like LW. The same links in long chain of corruption. Of course they knew!!! Now he's crying why Ramseys were not called to testify for GJ. And I'm asking why ST wasn't call to testify??? Why BPD investigators weren't call???? Because Hunter was paid by Ramsey through LW to keep it 'lost in the woods' case. Ramsey-->LW--->Hunter...follow the money!!!!! It was Hunter who signed 'island of privacy' document made by LW.

I don't care what LW said today. Can of worms has been opened. And he is one of these worms!!!!!

OpenMind4U,
ITA. LW's reputation will be trashed in any future documentary. He will have to issue cease and desist notices to all the media to shut this one down.

I'm curious as to the prevailing theory by those who have followed this case and participated in the JBR forums for years and years. This thread is the first JBR thread I have read. From what I can gather, this is what most of you think happened:

BR kills (or knocks out) JBR
JR and PR find out, draft the fake ransom note, then sexually assault and strangle the knocked out/already dead girl to cover for their son.

Is that right? I am so confused. I believe the Ramseys did this, but I can't figure out why.

I'm curious as to the prevailing theory by those who have followed this case and participated in the JBR forums for years and years. This thread is the first JBR thread I have read. From what I can gather, this is what most of you think happened:

JR and PR find out, draft the fake ransom note, then sexually assault and strangle the knocked out/already dead girl to cover for their son.

Is that right? I am so confused. I believe the Ramseys did this, but I can't figure out why.

JaimeInLA,
The Ramsey's staged a crime-scene hoping to deflect blame from themselves to an imaginary intruder.

Theory: A Ramsey sexually assaulted JonBenet, then whacked her on the head. The rest is staging. replace A Ramsey with your favorite suspect.

From 2006:

"I never saw anything in this investigation that indicated to me they were bad people," (Alex Hunter) said. "There was no history of abuse, nothing to support (that) this wasn't a loved child, in the evidence that I saw."

And Steve Thomas' resignation letter laid the corruption in the DA's office bare.

Boulder really is another world. I lived there (on The Hill, blocks from the Ramsey's house) in the late 1980s, when I was a student at CU and spent time there in the years after I left. It's a very elitist community, with different cliques (such as artists or endurance athletes) and I have no doubt that Hunter and the Ramsey's belonged to the same clique.

You must mean the child molester/murderer/apologist/whitewash clique, right?

I'm not sure if the sexual assault or strangulation was a coverup- the autopsy showed she was assaulted prior to that night. But there could have been a deliberate assault to hide this. However- she bled from the vagina. There was blood IN her vagina as well as traces of her own blood having been wiped from her genital area and thighs. That happened when she was alive. Dead people don't bleed.
The same thing goes for the garrote, She was alive when those red ligature furrows were made, otherwise they would have been white. The coroner ruled she was strangled to death. It is true that she didn't struggle so she had to be already unconscious from the head bash, which nearly all experts save one agree came first. But I can't be sure the strangulation was staging either.
It isn't that confusing to figure out why, really. They did it to coverup for family member(s).

LW really can't threaten anything as far as the information because it is the TRUTH. He can, of course, engage in the obfuscatory blathering for which defense attorneys are known for.

I found out about this just by chance this afternoon. Shepard Smith and Andrew Napolitano were talking about it. I was not surprised. Am I not the one who has been saying this for YEARS? Far be it from me to say, "I told you so," BUT...

I TOLD YOU SO!

Alex Hunter says that he didn't think he could win a case, so he shut it down. Of course HE couldn't win a case! He had not taken one to trial in ten years! He was afraid that he would work up a sweat, and we couldn't have that! Not so close to retirement!

Don't get me wrong, folks: normally I appreciate it when a person knows their own limitations. But Alex Hunter was not a plumber or an accountant; he was a prosecuting attorney elected to protect society from the criminal element. His job is too important to be held by a hack. Moreover, we as a society cannot afford our DAs to be second best. I have no problem with him realizing his own faults as a prosecutor. BUT, if he had truly cared about justice in this case, he would have stepped aside and placed it in the hands of someone who COULD do it.

I too am interested about the timing of this.

Is anyone really surprised by this? If AH had signed it, and moved to have it dismissed, everyone would have had further proof that he'd do anything to avoid prosecuting the Rs. At least this much of the truth has finally come out!

If a GJ could indict on the very limited evidence that was presented to them (and we know they didn't get the whole story otherwise ST and others would have testified), I'm sure a trial jury would have convicted with all the evidence available at the time.

The Golden Rule, Karma, what ever you want to call it....I hope AH gets what's coming to him. :furious: I wish there was some way he could be prosecuted.

I think that AH and other members of the DA office honestly believe that they did the right thing by not attempting to prosecute a case for which they did not believe there was sufficient evidence for, despite the grand jury recommendation.

Instead of demonizing AH, try putting yourself in his position and you might see things a little differently. Had the evidence been there, I have no doubt that he would have prosecuted the Ramseys.

I honestly don't understand what's so difficult for people to understand about touch DNA and how the Ramsey camp spun it that the touch-DNA "cleared" them. The Ramseys were never "cleared" in JB's murder, not really, not with so much evidence against them. They simply have never been arrested or indicted in her murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back