Boy Expelled From School After Wearing Mohawk

lisag said:

LOL She thinks I put :loser: on one of my posts directed to another poster, but it was aimed at this kid and his family who will allow him to throw away his future and his education over a hair do.

Jeana (DP) said:
LOL She thinks I put :loser: on one of my posts directed to another poster, but it was aimed at this kid and his family who will allow him to throw away his future and his education over a hair do.

Ok, I thought that she was upset that you were calling this kid a loser...
I couldn't figure out what the problem was !!! lol

Jeana (DP) said:
Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I'm always shocked when a poster takes a MODERATOR to task for not abiding by the TOS :crazy:

Ntegrity said:
Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I'm always shocked when a poster takes a MODERATOR to task for not abiding by the TOS :crazy:

Well we all have our days and some of my posts have been deleted in the past, but I'm not about to get on the bad side of Admin - especially when talking about a kid with a bad hairdo! :doh: :doh: ;) :confused:

Ntegrity said:

I know ! That suprises me too !!!
Geesh !!

Jeana (DP) said:
Well we all have our days and some of my posts have been deleted in the past, but I'm not about to get on the bad side of Admin - especially when talking about a kid with a bad hairdo! :doh: :doh: ;) :confused:

LOL are you implying I have a bad side??

tybee204 said:
LOL are you implying I have a bad side??

Who me????? Ahhhhhhhhh . . . I think my cat must have logged on while I was out and posted a bunch of stuff. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I went to the open house last night at the school my daughter will be going to in September... they gave an info packet home and I noticed that it states

"The administration reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of jewelry, hairstyles, makeup and footwear."

Richard said:
The real reason that the boy is wearing an outlandish haircut is to be contrary to rules and to rebel against authority. By reacting to him and kicking him out, he wins in his own mind. If either his parents or some old geezer had told him how "cool" his hair was, he would cut it quickly.

Allthough I see your point in SOME instances, I don't see it in ALL instances.
The kids I coach are good kids, they are well behaved, polite, and extremely intelligent. About 5 of them have multi-colored hair, and a few have multi colored mokawks.
They aren't "rebellers", they are trying to "beat the mold". They are learning how to be different, and learning how to create individuality, aka, break away from the "norm". "Why be normal?"

I STILL don't buy the argument that this mohawk causes a raucus when it comes to focus, or that it causes "undue" attention, ESPECIALLY when it comes to pubescent boys staring at some girls belly or belly ring. It doesn't make sense to me at all. If the school wants to outlaw mohawks that cause "a spectacle" then they should also outlaw belly shirts that DEFINITELY cause a spectacle. I understand this kid's arguments completely. He is getting a good course in Hypocracy...

What is wrong with following the rules? The rules don't harm anyone, in fact they are in place to hopefully prevent harm. Bottom line, follow the rules and if you choose not to you are outta there! Case closed....next!! :)

chicoliving said:
What is wrong with following the rules? The rules don't harm anyone, in fact they are in place to hopefully prevent harm. Bottom line, follow the rules and if you choose not to you are outta there! Case closed....next!! :)

It's not that I find anything wrong with children following the rules. But when the rules state you can't have a mohawk, but you can walk around with your belly out and peirced, the rules need to be re-examined for consistency and fairness. When a child can't express himself or herself by hairstyle, but a child can express themselves through "lack of clothing" (hey Britney Spears and Christina Augulara do it!"), then there is trouble with the rule. Rules need to be constantly managed and examined and as consistent as possible if our children are to be shown fairness and consistency, aka, non-discrimination...

mysteriew said:
Different school, different hairstyle

Girl Claims She Was Punished For Hair Color

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4225849/detail.html

From your article mysteriew...

"She gets stares, but I'll tell you the elderly people will come up to me and compliment me on my 14-year-old's behavior and how she acts. I think the behavior of the student is more important than how they look," said Lanette Beckman, Stewart's mother.
That tells me all I need to know about this "troubled" child.
Give her a break!!!

Bhodirasta said:
It's not that I find anything wrong with children following the rules. But when the rules state you can't have a mohawk, but you can walk around with your belly out and peirced, the rules need to be re-examined for consistency and fairness.

Ahhhh, the "fairness" rule!!! Yeah, life is always fair! Let's teach our kids that! BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The ONLY reference we have that other children are allowed to walk around with their bellies out and pierced is the kid whose angry. Good source!

Jeana (DP) said:
Ahhhh, the "fairness" rule!!! Yeah, life is always fair! Let's teach our kids that! BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Yeah, and while we're at it, let's teach that they can do anything they want -- whether it's against the school rules, law of the land, or whatever -- and we'll always back them up and defend their right to do as they please. Sheesh, that's the problem with kids today. :banghead:

There wil be rules in life... WE may not like them but we have to live by them !!
This kid and his parents need to get over it.
Most schools that I know of (around here anyway) dont allow "belly" shirts either... No short shorts, no short skirts... its just the way it is...
Sure some may "sneak in with a belly shirt, it's easier to hide than a multi-colored mohawk...
Too many people try to fight the issues - maybe the schools should all require uniforms and certain hairstyles for boys and girls... Will that solve the issue ???

Thankfully, my children think mohawks and such look freakish.. But even if they did like it, they would not be allowed to wear it.. Thay can do it when they move out of the house- fine, but while you are in my home you will look presentable. I am sorry... I think these kids are just asking for trouble.. They want to cause a stir... They want to knock heads with authorities.. And their parents are just condoning it.

Ok...I am expecting to be slammed by some....

Jeana (DP) said:
Not by me either sweetie!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks !! I am feeling so loved today !! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member