Boy Expelled From School After Wearing Mohawk

Jeana (DP) said:
Ahhhh, the "fairness" rule!!! Yeah, life is always fair! Let's teach our kids that! BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The ONLY reference we have that other children are allowed to walk around with their bellies out and pierced is the kid whose angry. Good source!

Yah. It definitely isn't all the pubescent boys and men.

No. Life isn't fair. But schools shouldn't make it MORE unfair. I don't think girls in HS need to walk around showing their middles if other kids aren't allowed to wear mohawks. It doesn't make sense to me. this is MY OPINION. You can laugh all you want, but it is MY OPINION.
Why not make a rule that doesn't allow bellies to hang out, AS WELL as a rule that doesn't allow mohawks?? Do you think it is good that girls do this at such young ages???

Bhodirasta said:

No. Life isn't fair. But schools shouldn't make it MORE unfair. I don't think girls in HS need to walk around showing their middles if other kids aren't allowed to wear mohawks. It doesn't make sense to me. this is MY OPINION. You can laugh all you want, but it is MY OPINION.
Why not make a rule that doesn't allow bellies to hang out, AS WELL as a rule that doesn't allow mohawks?? Do you think it is good that girls do this at such young ages???

Once again, let me reiterate that the ONLY thing we have to go on that this school allows one and not the other is a disgruntled student. Not earth shattering proof if you ask me.

Bhodirasta said:

Most schools DO have a rule against wearing short shirts, exposing their bellies...How do you know this school does NOT have thsi same rule ??

I really think these parents are setting a bad example. Not because wearing a mohawk is wrong per se but because there are always going to be rules to deal with and he needs to learn now to pick his battles.

Ideally noone should be judged by how they look but I still don't expect my office to start allowing me to show up in jeans next week!

I see this as a huge waste of time and effort on everyones part and the parents need to get a sense of perspective and teach their son the same thing. The school isn't trying to be malicious or discriminate - they are trying to keep order in a difficult environment.

The focus of school shoud be on learning and teaching. The parents and the kid should be focused on the quality of teachers, textbooks, programs and access for everyone to the same quality teaching.

Instead they are dilly-dallying over whether midriffs are more distracting then mohawks. get over yourself!

tuppence said:
I really think these parents are setting a bad example. Not because wearing a mohawk is wrong per se but because there are always going to be rules to deal with and he needs to learn now to pick his battles.

Ideally noone should be judged by how they look but I still don't expect my office to start allowing me to show up in jeans next week!

I see this as a huge waste of time and effort on everyones part and the parents need to get a sense of perspective and teach their son the same thing. The school isn't trying to be malicious or discriminate - they are trying to keep order in a difficult environment.

The focus of school shoud be on learning and teaching. The parents and the kid should be focused on the quality of teachers, textbooks, programs and access for everyone to the same quality teaching.

Instead they are dilly-dallying over whether midriffs are more distracting then mohawks. get over yourself!

Excellent post! :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne