Brad Conway to file Motion of Protective Order

Good Morning!!
Morgan said on NG that he can video tape the depositions and once he files everything, including the video, with the court and then they can be released to the public under the Sunshine Laws
Morgan himself is not releasing the video, it will be done under Florida's Sunshine Laws, a request for the video can be made by the media just like we have been witnessing all along with the release of info in the case against Casey..

Not to sure about Florida, but here in Alabama we don't actually "file" the actual videotaped deposition. The taping party holds it. What is actually filed with the court is the Notice of Deposition stating when, where, etc. the deposition will take place. Out courts do NOT want the actual tapes, or even the transcripts of the depos due to space limitations.

So not exactly sure how the Sunshine Law will cover this as far as getting the tape released to the public.

IIRC: Didn't Cindy make comments about her, while trying to defend/protect/etc Casey??

If she did, then while Casey might later say she isn't the one, Cindy was insinuating she was the one. Making it seem like she really was the one , and Casey would be trying to cover. Kinda Good cop/bad cop sorta game.

If that is the case, then they will need more then just comments from Casey that she isn't Z. Cindy would also have to back up and say it as well.

I'm a brand spanking new, newbie. This will be my first post and response. Hi all!

I hope Morgan will just decide to keep the media out and videotape the depo's, as he is allowed to do by law and let the idea of allowing others in, go. It would be a circus. Reporters have done just fine reporting the information as they show videotape.
I also don't understand why Baez won't just let KC state loud and clear, this is not the woman, I was talking about! End of case, as far as Morgan says. But no, that's not good enough for Baez. Not only will be NOT have have his client set that straight, he also has to SUE ZFG! Are you kidding me?

I'm a brand spanking new, newbie. This will be my first post and response. Hi all!

I hope Morgan will just decide to keep the media out and videotape the depo's, as he is allowed to do by law and let the idea of allowing others in, go. It would be a circus. Reporters have done just fine reporting the information as they show videotape.
I also don't understand why Baez won't just let KC state loud and clear, this is not the woman, I was talking about! End of case, as far as Morgan says. But no, that's not good enough for Baez. Not only will be NOT have have his client set that straight, he also has to SUE ZFG! Are you kidding me?

You're so right, Tracey. That's Absolutely all she has to do, and it's over. No parents depo'd, no anything. Will she do it- no way.

:Welcome-12-june:

Maybe because that would open a can of worms where Baez has to explain who Casey WAS talking about.

I think it is very interesting that the attorney has said repeatedly he only wants Casey to go on the record saying it is not the same ZG. This tells me it is a hook for the criminal case in some way. This attorney is the smartest one I have seen to date of any on the other side of this coin. He has a definite angle and I have a suspicion his motive is not only for his client, but to back Casey and the A fam into a corner they can then use to nail Casey.

The way I understand from watching NG last night, Morgan is "not" the bad guy in releasing depositions to the public. But it will "become public in the files" and therefore "can" be released because records are public records "unless" a judge makes it private!

I think if he gets her to say this is not the correct one implies that she is still saying there is one and would have to show proof that she exists. And if he gets her to say there never was a Zanny, then she has messed up her criminal case.

I think it was touched on last night about this being the reason the attorneys have been so outspoken as to charges possibly coming for their clients and wanting Immunity. Makes sense to me.

Concentric, these are not mutually exclusive protective orders. Just because there was no "protective order" for Caylee doesn't mean that no one else should get a protective order.

???? You DO? I admit I am new here but so far I don't get that impression at all.

Welcome to WS!

I do think there are lots of people here who believe the As should be allowed to profit. And lots that don't. I fit into the latter category, obviously!

And that is exactly what it is, Ariane. A "you put my client through the hoops, I'll put your client through the hoops" and see who runs out of money first.

^^^^ OMG ^^^^^

Khaki your sigg line BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Hilarious!!!!!! :blowkiss:

Looks like I will need a new keyboard now!!!!!

And that is exactly what it is, Ariane. A "you put my client through the hoops, I'll put your client through the hoops" and see who runs out of money first.

:waitasec:

Are you saying you don't think defamation laws should exist? Or just that they shouldn't apply to the As?

The part I bolded is not accurate. In fact, it's the reverse. In a legal proceeding you must answer all questions unless they incriminate you. You can only claim the 5th for answers you assert may incriminate you - you can't assert a "blanket" 5th amendment right. Well, you can, but you'll just be held in contempt of court.

Thank you for clarifying that for us.

No, that is not correct, CharlstonGal. Refusing to take the witness stand can get you a contempt order, but taking the 5th is a protection of your constitutional right not to incriminate yourself. In a legal proceeding you cannot answer some questions and refuse to answer others - that is contempt of court. That is why they answer NO questions other than to invoke the right of the 5th. They can certainly answer every question, but the answer will always be the same - "on the advice of my attorney I refuse to answer and invoke my right to not incriminate myself" - and all the variations on that theme, of course.

The part I bolded is not accurate. In fact, it's the reverse. In a legal proceeding you must answer all questions unless they incriminate you. You can only claim the 5th for answers you assert may incriminate you - you can't assert a "blanket" 5th amendment right. Well, you can, but you'll just be held in contempt of court.

So what happens if you are held in contempt of court? Are you fined? jailed? I have no idea, but would really like to know.

No, that is not correct, CharlstonGal. Refusing to take the witness stand can get you a contempt order, but taking the 5th is a protection of your constitutional right not to incriminate yourself. In a legal proceeding you cannot answer some questions and refuse to answer others - that is contempt of court. That is why they answer NO questions other than to invoke the right of the 5th. They can certainly answer every question, but the answer will always be the same - "on the advice of my attorney I refuse to answer and invoke my right to not incriminate myself" - and all the variations on that theme, of course.

Then why pray tell during the hearing for this...did JUDGE Strickland think she could answer part of them and take the 5th on the others? Maybe you should rewatch the hearing....I don't think the Judge was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back