Brad Cooper Indicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't think Brad will be appealing the custody ruling anytime soon."

thanks for the laugh Jilly....I needed that!!

BTW, like my crow grilled with salt and pepper. I was really hoping it was someone else for the sake of the children, now they have lost both parents and this is going to be hardest on them.

I have wondered what mommy dearest has been here doing for 3 months with BC not really having any responsibilities (girl's). One time I mentioned if it was so he could get things in order for when this day came. With NC being MURDERED :furious:and she can't help, her family is not local, I wonder if this was an action plan. Someone needs to now take on the responsibilities to get the residence moving along. As sad as it is, it needs to now be cleaned out, stored, donated, whatever, but it can't sit there or it will be the next foreclosure.

interesting. i've wondered why she was here, too.

but, it seems that things special to nancy should be kept for the girls. Tons of their stuff is still in that house, I imagine.

then there's pictures, etc.

i think brad had to have known he'd be arrested at some point. could well have impacted him not wanting the girls the first custody hearing.

whole thing is terribly tragic and sad. and, he should be tried and convicted for murdering nancy.

i also wonder if their oldest daughter heard anything..... certainly hope not.

okay, off to bed, good night

He should look fine in Central with lipstick and eyeliner for his "husband".....or better yet maybe they'll share him. Sure won't be a lack of sex now, huh?

Thank God he is in jail....I knew it was a matter of time, but it still took my breath away just watching him on the news.

I hope SG doesn't mind me saying this, but the day we went to the courthouse (16th), BC crossed in front of my car with his camp and parents. Casually I said, oh there's BC. She gasped, then said, "he is so tall, I had no idea." I think when many see him like tonight or live it really makes the situation surreal.

Mine was when I came face to face with him in HT. I've seen him around so much now, I've thought about waving to him as a friendly gesture. :chicken:

BTW, like my crow grilled with salt and pepper. I was really hoping it was someone else for the sake of the children, now they have lost both parents and this is going to be hardest on them.
I need to practice with my new stove that is ordered since I have never cooked on one like it, but I will cook your meal 1st...:blowkiss:

Yes, I agree. I also did hope it was, but couldn't wrap my mind around it being anyone else. Too much pointed to him from day 1 IMO.

Hee. Yes I did have that reaction. It's one thing to see someone on TV or in the newspapers. Quite another thing altogether to see them in person like 3 ft away. He's extremely tall and lanky.

I need to practice with my new stove that is ordered since I have never cooked on one like it, but I will cook your meal 1st...:blowkiss:

Yes, I agree. I also did hope it was, but couldn't wrap my mind around it being anyone else. Too much pointed to him from day 1 IMO.

I think a laundry party is in order @ Mom's house! BYOT (bring your own Tide) Oh and Mom, weren't you going to be buying a big bag of rice?

Just thinking.....ya know if Brad had only called LE after the murder and confessed that he lost it.....but no. The manner in which he callously disposed of her body says a lot about him. The mother of his children displayed the way she was. A very sick man.

His persona from what I've seen of him in depositions, press conferences and today, however, is very deceiving. He almost has me feeling sorry for him.

Not an FOB. An FODP (Fan of due process). I don't believe in convicting him in the court of public opinion based on hearsay. I don't believe that for anybody.

I am not surprised at all at this news nor do I have a problem with it. I want justice to be served in this case regardless of who the perp is.

I still don't believe the 4:20 am HT visit and will happily eat crow if that rumor becomes reality. I like mine BBQ'd :)

I pretty much agree with this (although I am surprised about the arrest). And as I said to MT3K...if a 4:20 trip is shown, I would happily admit that I thought he was 100% guilty. I also still don't believe he went at 4:20 to HT. The good news is that we know we won't have to speculate on this and other stuff forever...it should all come out at trial.

I think a laundry party is in order @ Mom's house! BYOT (bring your own Tide) Oh and Mom, weren't you going to be buying a big bag of rice?
I was going to buy and hand out the rice to toss as he went by in a LE car in handcuffs. IF I had only known today was the day to celebrate I would have been better prepared.

BTW...this does call for a celebration.
OTOH...it is a sad day for Bella & Katie. Now, what do you tell 2 precious little girl's that are going to ask to talk to daddy sometime soon? This is the saddest part of it all!

I pretty much agree with this (although I am surprised about the arrest). And as I said to MT3K...if a 4:20 trip is shown, I would happily admit that I thought he was 100% guilty. I also still don't believe he went at 4:20 to HT. The good news is that we know we won't have to speculate on this and other stuff forever...it should all come out at trial.

I am rather confused as to why the 4:20 trip to HT makes him 100% guilty. If he did or didn't go it doesn't prove murder IMO. It just shows he lies.

I am rather confused as to why the 4:20 trip to HT makes him 100% guilty. If he did or didn't go it doesn't prove murder IMO. It just shows he lies.

The trip itself doesn't....the fact that his lawyers have come out and specifically denied any trip prior to 6:20 is what would prove it to me. I pointed out my reasons for being a fence sitter. I still hold on all of those points (and a few more I didn't share). Obviously this indictment means there should be a LOT more than what has been made public so far. Nothing I have seen so far disproves his story (at least to me). Coupled with the witness that said she saw Nancy (again, the day of...not several months later), and I have reasonable doubt. Fortunately, what any of us think (including me) doesn't mean a whole lot. My opinion could very well change based on the evidence presented at trial. I will be an interested observer...that's for sure. I'm fascinated by this case, while also disgusted by it. As a husband and a father (5 year old daughter....2nd daughter due in 2 weeks), I don't want to believe that someone would murder their wife and the mother of their daughters...than throw her away like a piece of trash. Especially not someone that seems educated and "successful". I look at my life...again, will have 2 daughters very soon, do a job very very similar to what BC does (not at Cisco...but same line of work and same type of work) and just can't fathom doing that. So that is my starting point. And I want and need evidence to move me from that point. I just haven't seen it yet...but again, the good thing is that it will be put out there now. And if he did it, and it is proven, I hope he rots in hell.

I agree with NCSU on this, my thoughts are if he would lie about something so easy to prove, he would lie about anything, plus what the heck was he doing at HT at 4:20 in the morning, if not buying something to help him cover up. I still do not think he was at HT at this time and if he was not then mom and I can eat a little crow together. :rolleyes: I am still not 100% convinced of his guilt, cannot wait to see the evidence to finish putting together the pieces of the puzzle. But, what I have changed is my mind about is Bella and Katie, they are better off in Canada than here to witness all of this, it would just add the other stuff they are going to have to deal with. Still do not agree with how it was done, but they do not need to see all of this or even know about it until they are old enough to understand. I hope the girls will also be given opportunity to see BC's parents and have them in their life as well. If BC is guilty the Rentz's are not the only ones who have a lost a child, the Coopers have too, and I hope the Rentz family will remember this. This is a sad situation and their are no winners, esp Bella and Katie.

The trip itself doesn't....the fact that his lawyers have come out and specifically denied any trip prior to 6:20 is what would prove it to me. I pointed out my reasons for being a fence sitter. I still hold on all of those points (and a few more I didn't share). Obviously this indictment means there should be a LOT more than what has been made public so far. Nothing I have seen so far disproves his story (at least to me). Coupled with the witness that said she saw Nancy (again, the day of...not several months later), and I have reasonable doubt. Fortunately, what any of us think (including me) doesn't mean a whole lot. My opinion could very well change based on the evidence presented at trial. I will be an interested observer...that's for sure. I'm fascinated by this case, while also disgusted by it. As a husband and a father (5 year old daughter....2nd daughter due in 2 weeks), I don't want to believe that someone would murder their wife and the mother of their daughters...than throw her away like a piece of trash. Especially not someone that seems educated and "successful". I look at my life...again, will have 2 daughters very soon, do a job very very similar to what BC does (not at Cisco...but same line of work and same type of work) and just can't fathom doing that. So that is my starting point. And I want and need evidence to move me from that point. I just haven't seen it yet...but again, the good thing is that it will be put out there now. And if he did it, and it is proven, I hope he rots in hell.

Hey NCSU, was curious what your thoughts were. If there is an earlier visit to HT his lawyers may not have known about it--if the police got that evidence and there's no other record of it (though one would think there should be if it exists), then the lawyers lied or Brad lied (or both lied).

As for not wanting to believe that someone would murder the wife and the mother of their daughters, remember how OJ nearly decapitated his ex-wife (and Ron Goldman) and left their bodies laying right there, with the front door OPEN. Both of the kids were asleep upstairs...they could have awakened and discovered their mother's body. Unfortunately these awful things do happen. There are sociopaths and psychopaths among us who do not think of anyone but themselves.

"then throw her away like a piece of trash" -- cf. Scott Peterson. Murdered his pregnant wife and threw her away like trash in the SF Bay. That's just one example.

Brad may just be another in a long line of sociopaths who murdered the mother of their children.

I was about to leave on a plane in Atlanta to fly to the left coast and decided to check out WRAL on my cell before I had to turn it off, only to see that BC was indicted!

I just arrived an hour ago, so I am playing catchup. I think that BC must not be as sharp at covering his tracks as he thinks he is... I believe they have a lot of evidence to show he comitted the crime. I have been thinking this was going to come down sooner rather than later, the actions that Judge Sasser was taking lead me to think that the other shoe was about to drop....

Stay Tuned!

CyberPro

I am glad for the first steps towards resolution, as I am confident that the CPD have solid evidence that will lead to conviction (that we do not as yet know). I do not think that being a fence sitter awaiting evidence is the same as being a FOB.

Those poor little girls! Honestly, though, they haven't lost their father. They've lost a sperm donor.

Many years ago, I volunteered for a DV crisis hotline (not Interact). I come from a similar social circle of NC's and her friends, and was SHOCKED to learn how prevalent DV is, among all groups, all socio-economic levels, all levels of celebrity, education, religious affiliation, politics, and other factors that would seem to indicate that people ought to have better life coping skills. When such cases come close to home, it is often the close friends of the perp who are most surprised--often until they hear the full trial, and sometimes even then just can't believe it. Friends often apply their personal feelings towards their own families to those of the perp and decide that since they themselves would never do something so awful, there is no way their friend--the perp--could, either.

I learned a lot in the years I worked for the crisis line. I hope this tragedy helps a lot of other people learn more about dysfunctional relationships and abuse and take steps to share the awareness and prevent future victims such as NC and the girls. Currently, it is at epidemic level among high school dating relationships. (Girls think they "deserve it" (yelling, slapping, hitting, pressured sex, etc.) if they want to keep their boyfriends.) Ugh. Makes me sick.

This is a sad situation and their are no winners, esp Bella and Katie.

No, none whatsoever. This was not the ending I wanted for those two children.

As I said posts ago, I want to see proof the phone call to Brad from Nancy's phone was made by something/someone else. This was one key piece of evidence that made me feel she was still alive and that there was no way he could have murdered her and moved her to the site after that phone call registered. Also, her body was too perfect, no marks, no signs of struggle/trauma which made me think she was restrained.

We all have our reasons for following this case. Mine was for two. 1). I was taken away from my parents at the age of 3 by my grandparents because my parents were dysfunctional/had no business being together, they fought each other all the time. My mother got away, moved away to the West Coast I never heard from her again, my father is now deceased. I had a relationship with my father which wasn't the best. 2). Having survived being a SAHM and living on one income, it can stress any marriage to the max. I could relate to a lot of the issues in the Cooper household. I really truly did not want Brad to accused of this heinous crime.

Praying for those poor girls. I don't feel like celebrating or partying at this time, nor will I eat crow.

The news said the GJ heard the case at the last minute yesterday.

I thought that when/if an arrest was made (of whoever), that it might bring about some relief/closure in the case, but my observation is that it doesn't really (and I suspect nothing can...). Probably will be true with any (possible) conviction, and/or plea bargain as well. No happy ending.

I agree it will be interesting of course to see the specific evidence LE has been able to collect on this one. I'll be interested to see if the venue is changed (and if so, to where).

Also agree with so many others who have posted recently on here that based on the known hard evidence, it was quite reasonable to take a position of "he may very well be innocent...". [ That's not "fence sitting" BTW, it's simply giving the benefit of the doubt, and making every effort to remain objective ]. Since known hard evidence hasn't really changed in the last 24 hours, technically it's still a reasonable position. Though no doubt the DA and LE have a strong case, so again, will be interesting to follow it.

As for using the arrest as an opportunity to call-out or finger-point at posters who may have had differing views on the matter... c'mon y'all, WS should be bigger/better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000