Brad Cooper Indicted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having the living parent or paternal gp's take the stand for the a custody hearing IMO speaks volumes.
In my eyes it showed cool behavior more than a warm loving one.

agreed---seemed like it showed cool behavior & possibly concern that parents or father might say incriminating things about son's personality, behavior, parenting, or suspicion re son's involvement with murder.

MH didn't testify either, did he? wondering about his involvement with "that cell phone".

very sad and tragic all around for everybody.

Good to be back Star. Even better to see an indictment for Nancy's murder. Pretty awesome that justice will now proceed.

ETA - I see the Yates Mill issue turned out to be false allegations - hmmmm. Very strange.

would love to hear more about the yates mill situation.... will post if I find out more info

missed your insights on this forum. glad you're back to see the indictment

It shall be interesting to see how this comes out. I must say however I am not surprised with the murder 1 indictment given that Nancy was strangled, a person has a while to think about what they are doing, obviously the suspect definitely wanted Nancy dead. May justice be swift and definite.

From the noon news - Ed Crump is at the court house so best guess is the other media outlets are there. We should know what happens pretty quickly.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=6474609

Star - question for you - Chief Bazemore makes the comment that this case has always been about domestic abuse of the worst kind. Was wondering your take on that comment. Perhaps rather than this thread you could pm me your thoughts. I see while catching up that this particular issue has brought out much not nice stuff. If you feel like it of course. :)

From the noon news - Ed Crump is at the court house so best guess is the other media outlets are there. We should know what happens pretty quickly.

Star - question for you - Chief Bazemore makes the comment that this case has always been about domestic abuse of the worst kind. Was wondering your take on that comment. Perhaps rather than this thread you could pm me your thoughts. I see while catching up that this particular issue has brought out much not nice stuff. If you feel like it of course. :)

I would be interested in Star's perspective/take on this matter too.

would love to hear more about the yates mill situation.... will post if I find out more info

How is it is possible that this woman would not be charged with filing a false report....

The Wake County Sheriff's Office says a woman lied about an attempted sexual assault in a park.

According to officials at Yates Mill Park, false attempted sexual assault was reported last week.

The park is located just south of Raleigh at the intersection of Lake Wheeler and Penny Roads.

The sheriff's office says the woman will not face charges.

It is my assertion NC was murdered moments after she returned from the party. BC put her in the garage/trunk while he commenced to cleaning the house. He left the girls alone during his trips to the store and on the first trip he put NC at the site where she was found. He then came home to "clean" some more. He had LOADS of time to clean...but thankfully must have missed some places.

If he did it at 5AM he would have had to approach NC while she was asleep. Wonder if she locked her bedroom door and there was evidence of forced entry?

Maja,

This dovetails with my thoughts on the timeline. I also still believe there was a 4AMish HT trip too. Still not ready to give that one up until nothing is presented at trial about it. Of course his attorneys are not going to produce evidence that would tend to show their client is lying faster than a horse can trot.

CyberPro

How is it is possible that this woman would not be charged with filing a false report....

The Wake County Sheriff's Office says a woman lied about an attempted sexual assault in a park.

According to officials at Yates Mill Park, false attempted sexual assault was reported last week.

The park is located just south of Raleigh at the intersection of Lake Wheeler and Penny Roads.

The sheriff's office says the woman will not face charges.

Not shocking...women don't usually face charges for false sexual assault allegations. My guess is to not discourage actual victims from coming forward. Crystal Mangum should be in jail right now for what she did to the Duke lacrosse players, not writing books.

Hmmmm.....none of my TV channels are carrying this appearance in court. They are all on soap operas. I am a DirecTV subscriber. Anyone else found what channel is carrying this live?

Good to be back Star. Even better to see an indictment for Nancy's murder. Pretty awesome that justice will now proceed.

ETA - I see the Yates Mill issue turned out to be false allegations - hmmmm. Very strange.

RC,

I saw a previous post last night (from Mom?) that alluded to the Yates Mill issue turning up to be a red herring, but I have not seen it in the MSM or websites. Where did I miss this?

I am on the left coast for the better part of the week so not as plugged in as normal.

CyberPro

Not shocking...women don't usually face charges for false sexual assault allegations. My guess is to not discourage actual victims from coming forward. Crystal Mangum should be in jail right now for what she did to the Duke lacrosse players, not writing books.

NCSU,

We have not seen eye to eye on the Cooper case, but I have not said anything about it....

But I can TOTALLY get behind you on this post. She still says that something happened there.... SURE it did... Get over it, game over, you lost...

I completely agree that she should be in Jail, maybe with Nifong to keep her company.

CyberPro

I think I can answer that here, without personal details, and simply. When a woman marries, she is vulnerable. She places all of her trust, her well-being, her health, her future, her emotions, and of course her love, in the hands of another. That is an immense amount of trust. The ultimate betrayal is death by your partner's hand. Domestic abuse is horrible and life changing, but death by spouse is domestic violence of the worst kind.

This case has been difficult for me. Of course I did not die, I was not physically incapacitated. There was physical abuse - kicks, slaps, punches. But the hurts, the emotional scars scab over but don't heal well. Some still fester. But death? The physical abuse was escalating. I don't think I actually considered he could have killed me until some of the questions that were asked me in deposition about the position of his hands on my neck, I just knew I wanted the pain to stop. He was quite a bit larger than me. The Cooper domestic violence was of the worst kind, yes. Nancy is dead. Her trust was betrayed by the one who was to accept it from her and protect her.

NCSU,

We have not seen eye to eye on the Cooper case, but I have not said anything about it....

But I can TOTALLY get behind you on this post. She still says that something happened there.... SURE it did... Get over it, game over, you lost...

I completely agree that she should be in Jail, maybe with Nifong to keep her company.

CyberPro

Hey CyberPro,

There is a link to the story on WTVD.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6473411

I think I can answer that here, without personal details, and simply. When a woman marries, she is vulnerable. She places all of her trust, her well-being, her health, her future, her emotions, and of course her love, in the hands of another. That is an immense amount of trust. The ultimate betrayal is death by your partner's hand. Domestic abuse is horrible and life changing, but death by spouse is domestic violence of the worst kind.

This case has been difficult for me. Of course I did not die, I was not physically incapacitated. There was physical abuse - kicks, slaps, punches. But the hurts, the emotional scars scab over but don't heal well. Some still fester. But death? The physical abuse was escalating. I don't think I actually considered he could have killed me until some of the questions that were asked me in deposition about the position of his hands on my neck, I just knew I wanted the pain to stop. He was quite a bit larger than me. The Cooper domestic violence was of the worst kind, yes. Nancy is dead. Her trust was betrayed by the one who was to accept it from her and protect her.

That helps Star - I was not sure what the Chief was getting at and did not wish to try and interpret it - you explained it well. I hope all will listen to the Chief's plea - get help - get it now - get out.

History repeating itself.... How much of this mangum story is reflected in the case of Tawana Brawley, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley

I am amazed that there are no laws governing false accusations.

More detailed link:

http://www.courttv.com/archive/legaldocs/newsmakers/tawana/part1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members