Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel fairly certain his lawyer would have said, whoa, wait a minute, if you want to confess, fine, but let's do it within the structure of a plea agreement.

Thanks...now I have another website to obsess over! I find stuff like this fascinating so thank you!

Oh and BSL had Facebook accounts of his own. Why use someone elses?
But then again, if someone gets a random request from a Brandon Lavergne, and they find out he's a registered sex offender, he would get deleted, and in trouble since sex offenders can't have facebooks. However, posing as a nice young man with an offshore job making reasonable money might lure some people into starting conversations with him.

Sounds to me like that may be one of the ways he was trying to get his next victim. Then guess what once again he was setting someone else up to take the fall like he tried to do with Lisa.

I understand LE keeping things from the public.
However, to this day, there are some women whose things were found, and they haven't even been told WHAT of theirs was found.
Just that it was.

I don't see how they expect people to remember how BSL might have gained access to their information and/or possessions, if they don't tell them WHAT it was that he had.

"I consider brutal honesty rather an attribute of mine. Others...a fault. I seldom feel mortified in my actions, or posts, simply cuz they stem from the heart. I get that you understood my antisocial behavior. Thx."

Crimson, your antisocial behavior message came through loud and clear, as did your expressions, of seeking sanity in this insane world in which we live, throughout your other posts. Also, it's obvious that your actions/ messages are truly heartfelt.
The imagery of grown women (caught on camera) flipping birds and snot-rockets cracked me up. I couldn't resist lightening things up a bit!

"I figured if I ever got caught by one of Lafayette's Redflex traffic cameras that I would just use the picture to make Christmas cards with."

Canaille, (aka "sneaky", for the non-Cajuns on WS) mais me, sha, I've already sent my photo to be printed on my Christmas 2012 card. It's the pic that the school surveillance
camera caught of me walking down the hall (with no one in sight) pulling out a "wedgie".
My principal, laughing hysterically, presented me with this at my end-of-the-year eval. Yeah buddy, my face was "crimson".

Yes, not all info found came from social sites. There were also ids, driver's licenses, personal possessions, etc. He might have been a thief or burglar also. As for addresses, its not very difficult or costly to get lots personal information on all of us with a name and or city location......

I would imagine they would categorize items, research who's missing and in which category(s), if any have filed rape charges / burglary / harassment, etc. his MO could possibly be more studied, past crimes evaluated, the possibility of intent for future crimes.

I'm here! Thanks for thinking about us. BW, you're absolutely right. I've been busy, busy and just plain weary. Finally caught up on sleep Wednesday and Thursday in my own bed, in my own air conditioned home. Then I broke out in the strangest rash on my arms, neck, and back, like long, thin scratches that become raised for a few hours, then flatten. Burns like fire. Doctor gave me a steroid shot today, and it seems to be helping. Never had allergies, and can't pinpoint a source. Stress seems like a good one. Lol. Anyway, I'm finally getting back in the groove here. Until today, when I was able to access the web and log in, hitting the thanks button now and then was about all I could manage to do.

So where is that Chicken Fried? I think just about everyone else has checked in.
Could it be poison oak? I have seen that red , scratches, swelling, painful, etc. Steroids should help. And some creams.
Sure hope it's not from too much stress!
Hope you feel better soon!

However, to this day, there are some women whose things were found, and they haven't even been told WHAT of theirs was found.
Just that it was.

I don't see how they expect people to remember how BSL might have gained access to their information and/or possessions, if they don't tell them WHAT it was that he had.

Wow that would really be scary!!

Just want to post some thoughts.
I suspect BSL was released from prison walls via half way house in 2006. We already know that prior crimes resulted in rape and murder of at least 2 women. I feel convinced more prior to his 2000 incarceration.
IMO he is and was a stalker, night stalker, peeping Tom, burglar, rapist, murderer, all before his 2000 incarceration.
We have many young women (possibly some men also) missing or murdered yr 2000 or before, 2006 to July 2012.
IMO, there is no way in h e double toothpicks BSL wasn't involved in some of these crimes!
Ali lowitzer for one! No named person of interest as of yet, but c'mon! we all know they are looking at BSL for this!
Some people say we can't blame him for all the unsolved missing young females around his area. I agree. But we need to look at all of them to see what might/does fit. BSL did not murder in 1999, get out of prison in 2006 (I know, halfway house, working), and wait until 2012 to kidnap with intent to rape and murder, without committing similar crimes in between.
Jmo

Mr Swamp and his friend who worked with BSL will be alligator hunting for the next few days so I will find some time to talk with the friend about when he worked with BSL and ask him some questions about his encounters with BSL, as well as how BSL worded things.

Our friend is very much a Christian and family man. He does not have a facebook acct (but his wife does) and he is not all into computers. I will have to ask him how his wife knew it was not him that was writing to her.

From what I know, Louisiana has a law against sex offenders being on social media such as facebook. I think fb has the same policy but kudos to Louisiana for making it a crime. Now Louisiana needs to get on the ball and start cracking down on sex offenders even more.

Just want to post some thoughts.
I suspect BSL was released from prison walls via half way house in 2006. We already know that prior crimes resulted in rape and murder of at least 2 women. I feel convinced more prior to his 2000 incarceration.
IMO he is and was a stalker, night stalker, peeping Tom, burglar, rapist, murderer, all before his 2000 incarceration.
We have many young women (possibly some men also) missing or murdered yr 2000 or before, 2006 to July 2012.
IMO, there is no way in h e double toothpicks BSL wasn't involved in some of these crimes!
Ali lowitzer for one! No named person of interest as of yet, but c'mon! we all know they are looking at BSL for this!
Some people say we can't blame him for all the unsolved missing young females around his area. I agree. But we need to look at all of them to see what might/does fit. BSL did not murder in 1999, get out of prison in 2006 (I know, halfway house, working), and wait until 2012 to kidnap with intent to rape and murder, without committing similar crimes in between.
Jmo

Especially from the time he was arrested for the rape and before he went to prison. Back to back wouldn't surprise me knowing his hands would be tied for several years!

Mr Swamp and his friend who worked with BSL will be alligator hunting for the next few days so I will find some time to talk with the friend about when he worked with BSL and ask him some questions about his encounters with BSL, as well as how BSL worded things.

Our friend is very much a Christian and family man. He does not have a facebook acct (but his wife does) and he is not all into computers. I will have to ask him how his wife knew it was not him that was writing to her.

From what I know, Louisiana has a law against sex offenders being on social media such as facebook. I think fb has the same policy but kudos to Louisiana for making it a crime. Now Louisiana needs to get on the ball and start cracking down on sex offenders even more.

Mrs. Swamp, (VERY, off-topic on this thread), but...felt compelled to acknowledge my awareness of your blessings to have known an 'earth angel' named Cleveland. Someone shares your thoughts tonight!

But then again, if someone gets a random request from a Brandon Lavergne, and they find out he's a registered sex offender, he would get deleted, and in trouble since sex offenders can't have facebooks. However, posing as a nice young man with an offshore job making reasonable money might lure some people into starting conversations with him.

OceanMetTheSky ~ Exactly !

Just that it was.

OMTS ~
So Very True ! If someone like BSL had any personal item of mine, I would be pursuing LE legally to spill the beans. If info cannot be obtained legally, then how does one protect themselves and avoid such very disturbed people / murderers ??
Doen't seem to be a level playing field, non ?
It's one thing to gain on-line personal info, AND, an entirely different thing to be in possession of a personal item/s, such as ID's, DL's, etc. How would he gain possession of such items ?? This crime / theft, should demand answers.

There seems to be two very opposing views among posters here as it pertains to how active a perp BSL was, and how many potential victims of his may not yet be known. There are those that think he may have been a very prolific killer and may have numerous victims. Then there are those that feel, with all of the mistakes he made while trying to cover Mickey's murder, and the fact that he was a suspect in Lisa's murder early on, that he could not have possibly been a murdering machine and avoided being caught for so long. I honestly have been on both sides of this fence at various times, and still dont know exactly where I sit even now. I do think that he may have more victims, though I am not sure I believe there are as huge a number as some seem to believe. I WOULD love to know how many different women's items were found in his home by LE, what they were, and whether any of those items belonged to any other women that are missing or dead. I have always felt that investigators found some very damning evidence in his home, and the fact that those records are sealed, at least for now, seems to maybe support that thought. At this point, I think it is highly unlikely that there were no victims, or at the very least, no attempted victims, between the time of Lisa's murder and the time of Mickey's. I understand LE's need to keep some things to themselves for now, but I really hope that in time, we will have many of the answers to questions we still have, and I hope that IF there are other victims of BSL, that LE is able to pin him to them and perhaps bring some closure to those families as well...JMO

SwampMama,
well if BSL did those things, we can conclude he has always been quite the dangerous threat haha.

You say he visited some graphic sites, makes me wonder about how one poster said they saw a *advertiser censored* website with a weird name registered to someone named brandon lavergne that had a strange video posted.

Does your son in law have facebook?
I'm not asking because i want it.
But i know that for a while, i had a guy on my friends list and didn't know who he was.
When i went to his profile, it said he worked with the same off shore company that BSL worked for.
He must have been on my friends list for quite some time, because I didn't remember adding him.

Just made me wonder if BSL wasn't using that guys account to kind of stalk other people.
OMTS ~
Are you in the CP / Laffy / South LA. area ?? If so, that seems scary to me !

Mrs. Swamp, (VERY, off-topic on this thread), but...felt compelled to acknowledge my awareness of your blessings to have known an 'earth angel' named Cleveland. Someone shares your thoughts tonight!

Thank you so very much! Cleveland's case did not get much publicity even 4 people died and 2 of those were children. 3 generations of a family wiped out in one night and the suspect (who confessed!!) was acquitted. It broke my heart.
But the latest is suspect is being tried on federal charges this time and the trial is scheduled to start November 20th! I have waited over a decade for justice for Cleveland and his family.

now back to the topic...... I have to say that I have been so proud of the people of Louisiana who have come to WS and done such a spectacular job of supporting Mickey and her family (and also for supporting Jaren Lockhart, a New Orleans girl who was killed by yet another sex offender).

I have amazed and overwhelmed how so many Louisiana people have joined WS and how they worked so hard tracking the truck and other parts of the case, looking for clues to find Mickey. You guys NEVER gave up and worked tirelessly, poring over the smallest details. Louisiana often gets a bad rap for so many things but the people of Louisiana really made me so proud on this case. You guys ROCK!!!

True, but don't forget the FB page we located used a variation of the spelling of his last name. It wouldn't have shown up in the SO registry. That's not to say I don't believe he might attempt to locate prey by using someone else's online ID. I think he was perfectly capable and foolish enough to do just that. If Swampmama's friend is correct, and it was BSL who contacted his wife, once again his plans were foiled. Sloppy and par for the course. :moo:

True, but don't forget the FB page we located used a variation of the spelling of his last name. It wouldn't have shown up in the SO registry. That's not to say I don't believe he might attempt to locate prey by using someone else's online ID. I think he was perfectly capable and foolish enough to do just that. If Swampmama's friend is correct, and it was BSL who contacted his wife, once again his plans were foiled. Sloppy and par for the course. :moo:
OT
Bessie, do you ever sleep??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members