BREAKING Capitol police: US Capitol in lockdown, reports of gunshots, injured officer

This article quotes a former employer who fired her a year ago because she couldn't get along with others. He said she had a very bad temper.

A former boss, Dr. Barry J. Weiss, who employed Ms. Carey at his periodontics practice in Hamden, Conn., for 15 months, said he and his partner fired her in August 2012. He would not go into detail but said she had trouble getting along with some of the employees in the small practice.

“When we confronted her about certain situations within the office, she had a temper,” Dr. Weiss said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/04/us/gunfire-reported-outside-the-capitol.html

In another article, her sister is quoted saying she doesn't know why her sister went to Washington DC. Her former classmates at university said she didn't get along with her professors, either.

Sounds like someone with a very bad temper, very poor judgement who snapped.

Washington DC, near the WH and the Capitol are not good places to snap and go on a wild cop chase.

What if she accidently hit the barrier and didn't want a ticket and freaked out? I know it's not very logical, but some many people are afraid of cops nowadays especially women.
I hate to find out she was just scared. :(
Yes, I always wonder about the whole story the Truth!

There was absolutely no regard for the possibility of running over the police with that car at the barrier. They were so close to being injured. The police didn't know who she was or what her motive was but she turned her car into a weapon and drive recklessly endangering the lives of the police and any pedestrian and driver in the area. It will be said if she just freaked out, but all actions have consequences and that is not the way to act anywhere especially in DC. I can't fault the police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes. The car was a weapon. It is just heart breaking that she was mentally ill and a baby witnessed this.

Another reason why America needs to step up mental healthcare. This time it wasn't victims being shot etc by a mentally ill person but what is more common - the mentally ill being the one suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Scary stuff ....especially near the WH during the govt shut down.
MSNBC reported the driver had suffered mental illness for a long time.

MSNBC reports her relatives said she had post partum depression

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/10/03/report-shots-heard-outside-u-s-capitol/

Ohio senator Sherrod Brown was outside the Hart Office Bldg, near where she crashed.

Ohio Sen. Sherrod Brown said police first instructed him and his colleagues to take cover behind a car before they ran back indoors.

“The cops were rushing in doing their job and we were all running away.” “Pretty gutsy work,” he said of the Capitol Police.

“I don’t know if they were shots, they just sounded like pops,” Brown said.

There are also reports she had suffered a fall last year and had mental problems after that

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...ticut-woman-who-died-in-dc-confrontation?lite

A senior law enforcement official with direct knowledge of the case told NBC News that relatives interviewed by law enforcement officers tell them she suffered from a fall a couple of years ago and began to suffer mental issues.

In an interview with NBC Connecticut, Carey’s former employer, Connecticut dentist Barry Weiss, confirmed that she suffered a fall in January 2012 and was out for two to three weeks. When she returned, she was also pregnant, he said.

He said he had fired Cary in August 2012 after numerous patients complained that she was rough.

It sounds more and more like she had some kind of psychotic break.

It sure does Betty P.
Thanks for all your updates.

Now I wonder if there were any police/fire reports from when she supposedly fell back then?

This story reeks. Do the sleuthing.

I hope the child has someone to take care of her... :sadcountry:

There's a couple of videos on this. Woman did not hit the first and only barricade I saw her in front of in a video. Front of her car was totally intact at the moment the police surrounded her car. In fact, it looked like she was trying to make a U-turn in front of the barricades,when police blocked her from completing the U-turn. She did not appear to my eyes to be speeding, but for some reason, the police were already following her prior to her U-turn. Woman's vehicle was immediately surrounded by police who came out of their vehicles with their guns drawn. I believe she panicked because her child was in the car.

I have no idea if her actions up to that point were harmless. I can certainly see a woman with a toddler in her car making a U-turn panicking that she and her child would be shot. There were like 7 police officers pointing their weapons at her.

She then took off with police firing in the direction of her vehicle. She was pursued, and either gunned down or died when she possibly crashed into another barricade elsewhere. It has been stated that she crashed into one, but it wasn't the barricade where she was initially confronted.

I have no idea what the explosions were that have been reported. There's bound to be a lot more to this story. If she was intent on suicide, all she had to do was step out of her vehicle when the police had her surrounded. Doesn't wash with me. As I said, there's more to this than meets the eye.

What if she accidently hit the barrier and didn't want a ticket and freaked out? I know it's not very logical, but some many people are afraid of cops nowadays especially women.
I hate to find out she was just scared. :(
Yes, I always wonder about the whole story the Truth!

She didn't even hit the barricade. Find the complete video, not the abbreviated one that's being shown. She did however back into, and hit a police car when she took off from there.

That is an edited version of the video, and does not picture the woman slowing down to make a U-turn, and then the police surrounding her vehicle.

I watched the fuller version after this post & the press conference, but just didn't post it. My post of the video was all that was available hours ago. Feel free to post if you have it. I've been reading.

:seeya:

Dr. Know?,

I don't have it. Watched it on another computer in the house, and all I know is it was posted by a Pakistani news source, probably not allowed here. It's easy to find on Youtube for now.

Dr. Know?,

I don't have it. Watched it on another computer in the house. It was posted by a Pakistani news source, probably not allowed here. It's easy to find on youtube for now.

Dr. Know?,

I don't have it. Watched it on another computer in the house. It was posted by a Pakistani news source, probably not allowed here. It's easy to find on youtube for now.

Thanks just, I saw it after I posted the first release available hours after. I saw it. I just posted it when it was released at first online. Sorry if I confused you.

It's out there as I watched it in it's entirety. ty

As I understand this, the chase started after the woman struck a Secret Service agent with her car then sped through two red lights.

It's pretty obvious she had serious mental health issues, since she wouldn't get out of the car even when police had her surrounded and their guns out.

But here's the latest, which is even more sad and bizarre:

Investigators have found indications that the woman who led authorities on a chase from the White House to the Capitol before she was shot to death by police thought that President Barack Obama was stalking her, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

The sources said that Miriam Carey had a history of mental health problems.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ought-obama-was-stalking-her-sources-say?lite

This is just sad. What if the lady was just visiting D.C. and was lost, then freaked when the police started yelling. If you have ever been to D.C. you will know how impossible it is for a visitor to get around, everywhere circles, and circles, and lights, very confusing.

How did police not see the baby when they approached the car though?

I realize the police could not know what her intentions were, if she had a bomb, or chemicals, etc...And, given that there was a shot fired there last week, current political climate, they are on super paranoid keep the Whitehouse safe. They did their job.

Just sad and not sure the outcome could have been any different with her driving into them, even if it was simply panic. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back