Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added to that the break-in attempt. I just found this posted on Greta's site and came from RPD.
The OCTOBER 22nd attack is NOT confirmed to be related to this case in any way.

Reno Police Department
Case No.
08-2844
News Release
January 31, 2008
For Immediate Release <edited for space>

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/0...o-investigation-college-coed-brianna-denison/

University police released a composite sketch of a man described by a victim in an October on-campus assault who may be responsible for all four incidents. He is described as a white male, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall, with light-colored short hair. There is a chance, authorities' caution, that the suspect -- or possibly suspects -- in the four cases may not exactly match the artist's rendering. But they also believe that there is enough evidence to link the three DNA cases to the fourth one on the Reno campus.

Police say the time line of DNA and victim accounts can be traced back to an incident at an on-campus parking garage in October. In that case, a student reported being attacked from behind and sexually assaulted on the first floor of a parking garage between two parked cars. It was the only one of the four cases in which the suspect flashed a weapon -- a silver and black handgun.

The second reported attack also took place between two parked cars, this time outside an apartment complex within eyeshot of the campus parking garage. The woman who was attacked screamed, prompting the assailant to jump up, kick the woman and run away. Near the scene of the attack, authorities found a box of Trojan brand condoms that McDonald said the man may have dropped as he fled. (ABC news: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=4227385&page=1 )

They do look faded and older to me, too. There was a mention made of two letters being visible on the tag by someone on television the other night. While we don't see them due to whatever reason, LE could have something to go on in that respect. (They also mentioned that a terrorist was found because of a tag on a shirt or something.)

I think that was the Pan Am 103 case - the plane blew up over Lockerbie, Scotland. LE was able to determine which piece of luggage on that plane contained the bomb. In that luggage there were several shirts with tags. The manufacturer was traced to a small company in Greece, and from there where the shirts were distributed for sale. They were able to determine the shirt was purchased at a shop on the island of Cyprus, and then receipts determined who bought the shirts. That narrowed the search down to a few dozen people. They eventually were able to trace the whereabouts of each of those men who bought those shirts. They found one who had purchase a ticket on Pan Am 103 from Athens, Greece, with a stop over in Germany, and on to Scotland. The man's luggage was put on the plane, but he didn't board the plane. By the time the detectives put all this together (years) the suspect was living in Libya under the protection of Gaddafi, who fought extradition. But with pressure from the U.S. the suspect finally stood trial in Scotland.

Leviosa~ That report came out on Jan. 31st. I have read it, but I am still not convinced without the DNA or without them releasing more.

Thanks, Leila! Yes, that is what he was referring to! Amazing!

good points made, & i agree.....i don't think Brianna was dead when she was abducted...she was still talking on the phone around 4:30 am....

The blood on the pillow also suggests some sort of struggle.

Has there been any news regarding this young woman out of Henderson.
She could be Brianna's twin. The Henderson girl has been missing since New Year's eve.

(thank you Rick777)
http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=7772307

I would certainly hope that LE/FBI would investigate other stories in the state, that are similar to the Brianna D. case.

This perp has kidnapped/killed before, MHO

Leviosa~ That report came out on Jan. 31st. I have read it, but I am still not convinced without the DNA or without them releasing more.

Thanks, Leila! Yes, that is what he was referring to! Amazing!

Hiya S.S., My last msg was last night at like 11:45 pm on page 6. Today I come over and everyone's on page 12 and I'm reading on a lightbeam just to get caught up. Whew!!

Great sleuthing S.S., FXSTS, 10EC DAD, SUZIQ, c_p, all of you!

I am concerned about the craigslist folks and their postings; I dislike saying this although when one looks at the way LE won't describe the scene or anything else vis-a-vie Brianna's case; which is basically, maybe we'll tell you later and how open the craiglist folks were...well it's just interesting.

However, and hat-tip to S.S., on this one, I posted that ABC News article as a 'joke' insofar as sometimes I feel with LE it's the blind leading the blind with the main-stream media lapping it up either for them or after them. Nuff' said there.

Exbf is possibly abusive and new bf is fighting with her. Sounds like a lot going on in her life at the time she went missing. I wonder what else we are not hearing in her case?

I have been struggling with this entire concept since Day One! This entire notion of the boyfriend(s). What bothers me:

1 - Originally she was breaking up with one who lives in Oregon; my assumption is he went to Reno HS and college somewhere in Oregon.

2 - Lately there has been significant coverage about her boyfriend in Santa Barbara--allegedly the one she txt msg at 4:23am.

3 - The family has gone on record as stating that she has had 'one' bf since enrolling at SBCC her first year there; ergo, same boyfriend for last year and a half. However, I know nothing of abuse or anyone in the midst of a fight. Help!!!!

Hiya S.S., My last msg was last night at like 11:45 pm on page 6. Today I come over and everyone's on page 12 and I'm reading on a lightbeam just to get caught up. Whew!!

Great sleuthing S.S., FXSTS, 10EC DAD, SUZIQ, c_p, all of you!

I am concerned about the craigslist folks and their postings; I dislike saying this although when one looks at the way LE won't describe the scene or anything else vis-a-vie Brianna's case; which is basically, maybe we'll tell you later and how open the craiglist folks were...well it's just interesting.

However, and hat-tip to S.S., on this one, I posted that ABC News article as a 'joke' insofar as sometimes I feel with LE it's the blind leading the blind with the main-stream media lapping it up either for them or after them. Nuff' said there.

I have not been on the Craigslist forums but you have to remember that, just like here, anyone can post anything there and not have to be factual. Unless there is ample reason to believe a claim of "insider" information, I wouldn't.

I have been struggling with this entire concept since Day One! This entire notion of the boyfriend(s). What bothers me:

1 - Originally she was breaking up with one who lives in Oregon; my assumption is he went to Reno HS and college somewhere in Oregon.

2 - Lately there has been significant coverage about her boyfriend in Santa Barbara--allegedly the one she txt msg at 4:23am.

3 - The family has gone on record as stating that she has had 'one' bf since enrolling at SBCC her first year there; ergo, same boyfriend for last year and a half. However, I know nothing of abuse or anyone in the midst of a fight. Help!!!!
Uhm, sorry we got sidetracked on this. This discussion was about Mariela who went missing from Henderson, NV on New Year's Eve instead of Brianna.

actually it might be less confusing to discuss Mariela on her own thread. Sorry but it is sooo confusing makes it hard to keep all the separate information straight.

I was thinking about the baby shoe and I know that my daughter has many dolls and stuffed animals that have thier own line of clothing. These shoes could easily be mistaken for baby shoes. Perhaps there is an older female child in his life and not a baby at all.

Just a thought

I was thinking about the baby shoe and I know that my daughter has many dolls and stuffed animals that have thier own line of clothing. These shoes could easily be mistaken for baby shoes. Perhaps there is an older female child in his life and not a baby at all.

Just a thought

Good thinking! My girls have the same things and some of those baby things look real.

I posted some links in Mariela's forum which give this information.
Mariela had an ongoing domestic dispute case going with her ex-boyfriend. The new boyfriend was said to be obsessed with Mariela's sister, and it is the new b/f that is now in Mexico. Apparently, Mariela had argued with the new b/f the night that she disappeared.

ETA: Some posters were wondering if Mariela was petite like Brianna....
Moreno is described as Hispanic, 5 ' 7 " tall, weighing around 120 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.
Hi! I just read through the posts and thought there might be a connection until I got to this post and the physical description of Mariela. She's too tall, imo, to be a victim of the same perp as the recent assaults including Brianna's murder.

Just a thought
And a good thought, but it would still mean that he has a child, specifically a female child, and that makes it even scarier that the child might be older if you follow me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74