Britney Spears Caught Driving With Child in Lap - MERGED

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This link just worked for me:
http://i1.tinypic.com/nco7s1.jpg

If it's photoshopped, it's done well. His shadow is on the arm she is steering with. Her other arm looks like it's around him.

I had totally forgotten about the airbag-that would instantly kill the little boy.

So was the paparazzi guy driving right next to her to get this? He must have a driver.

bRITNEY.jpg

bRITNEY2.jpg

bRITNEY3.jpg

She is driving, not sitting still.

Oh brother, I didn' see a man in the passenger seat-couldn't he have held the baby during this scare? :confused:

The baby is a cutie pie!

The DA should charge her with wreckless endangerment to a child.

Taximom said:
Oh brother, I didn' see a man in the passenger seat-couldn't he have held the baby during this scare? :confused:

The baby is a cutie pie!

He can't - he's on the phone.... :doh:

(Feb. 7) -- Photos of Britney Spears driving with her newborn son, Sean Preston, in her lap spread across the Internet on Tuesday, prompting the pop star to issue a statement claiming she was trying to get away from the paparazzi.

In a statement, Britney Spears says she held Sean Preston during an encounter with the paparazzi to keep him "out of harm's way."

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/music/article.adp?id=20060207131509990001

I'm not buying it...

I never thought I'd be posting about this girl, but UGH, what a moron. What is the greatest danger to her baby, a few photographs or possibility of fatal car crash while unrestrained in any way??? I think at that moment it was more about her ego than her baby. She didn't want the papparazzi to win...it pissed her off...so she took a chance like that with her own child. Stupid. As little as I think of the papparazzi, they can't force you to behave this way.

:laugh:
Jules said:
He can't - he's on the phone.... :doh:
I actually typed that out on that comment but ended up removing it! That's exactly what I thought-can't do two things at once! (sorry guys):crazy: :crazy:

I understand where your coming from believe me my foot don't leave the brake until all my kids are in their car seats/seatbelts. I just can't help but feel like whenever Britney Spears does something wrong that society seems to put her right up there with Andrea Yates and the like and I don't really think its fair. I truely believe that she loves her baby as much as we all love ours. I don't think for one second she she would ever deliberately hurt him. Yes if she was driving it was a stupid choice she made not to have him in the carseat i'm definately not saying it wasnt. But I know for one I am no perfect parent myself I remember when my daughter was 3 letting her help me flip the grilled cheese sandwiches that was my stupid choice because she burned her arm on the pan and to this day has a scar (she's 12). I love her with all my heart and didnt mean to deliberately hurt her and felt so bad I cried but could you imagine if someone like Britney were to do it? Headline News tomorrow ''BRITNEY SPEARS MAKES SON COOK HIS OWN FOOD, 3RD DEGREE BURNS TO ARM...CPS IS ON ITS WAY''......

JBean said:
Hi MGS. But we have learned so much from those times where we were all ignorant about car safety. Many of us were lucky in those days, myself included . CPS would not have been in order back in the day, because seatbelts weren't even required. Many babies were lost because they were just set on the seat next to mama. I know some women who only wish they had known about car seat safety and seat belts. Ignorance is not bliss in this case.
The position Britney's baby is in is called the "crusher" position, because that is exaclty what will happen to her baby in the event of a crash. If she were in a crash at 30 miles per hour, a 10 pound child could be thrown from the adult's lap into the dashboard or windshield with a force of 200 pounds.
I would guess that if paparazzi is involved the chance of crash is increased.

There is no excuse for this behavior in this day and age. it has nothing to do with her shoes.
If she needs the baby close to her body, she needs to stay home or get some psychological inteverntion, because she is putting the baby in danger to satisfy her own needs.

Mygirlsadie said:
I understand where your coming from believe me my foot don't leave the brake until all my kids are in their car seats/seatbelts. I just can't help but feel like whenever Britney Spears does something wrong that society seems to put her right up there with Andrea Yates and the like and I don't really think its fair. I truely believe that she loves her baby as much as we all love ours. I don't think for one second she she would ever deliberately hurt him. Yes if she was driving it was a stupid choice she made not to have him in the carseat i'm definately not saying it wasnt. But I know for one I am no perfect parent myself I remember when my daughter was 3 letting her help me flip the grilled cheese sandwiches that was my stupid choice because she burned her arm on the pan and to this day has a scar (she's 12). I love her with all my heart and didnt mean to deliberately hurt her and felt so bad I cried but could you imagine if someone like Britney were to do it? Headline News tomorrow ''BRITNEY SPEARS MAKES SON COOK HIS OWN FOOD, 3RD DEGREE BURNS TO ARM...CPS IS ON ITS WAY''......

Yates had a history of mental illness, so I think Britney is actually worse. :D

Good, I hope she learns a serious lesson in all this.

FWIW - Britney doesn't have a seatbelt on either according to the pictures.

"out of harm's way"???....it's not like the paparazzi was shooting at the vehicle & she needed to shield her son from gunfire...good grief..what a lame excuse for not having that baby in a carseat.... :rolleyes:

Mygirlsadie said:
I was going to say this earlier, but didn't. This could have been the Queen of England in the picture and I would have thought the same thing. I don't care if it's Britney or the woman that lives next door to me-there is absolutely NO excuse for ever driving with your baby in your lap!

And yes, everyone makes mistakes in parenting, but this one is a big mistake, IMHO. Unless there was a bomb exploding behind her (or something like that), that little guy should not be where he was.

Just my opinion, Mygirlsadie!:blushing:

What a stupid idiot she is! Why wasn't the bodyguard (or whoever he was) driving???? Some people don't have the sense they were born with. :doh:

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mygirlsadie said:
The difference is: Letting your child help you in the kitchen and having an accident is an accident. It's NOT against the law.
Spears driving a vehicle with her baby on her lap with no restraint IS against the law. She should be penalized as harshly as any one else would be. :behindbar CPS investigation, arrest for reckless endangerment and facing a judge with a hefty fine, court-ordered parenting classes, checks by CPS and probation.
Anything less is getting off because of who she is.:razz:

Celebrities CHOOSE this life and if they are so stupid that they don't realize they are going to be watched, then they are too stupid to be a celebrity, and that's pretty stupid!:bang: :loser: :boohoo:
There is a PRICE for the millions of dollars and all the free dinners and gifts and special treatment. A celeb at Sundance could make off with over a hundred G's in freebies. Then they complain when a businessman gets rich.:boohoo:
They kevtch when a businessman makes millions but then turn around and say, "Give me $10 million for the movie plus this, that and the other as freebies.." :razz: Pot calling the kettle black in MHO.:croc:

I hope they come down hard on Spears :loser: and make her ante up for her mistake.
They won't, but hope springs eternal anyway.:blushing:

I think her wanting to be a celebrity was pretty much her mothers doing. She was too young to make her own decision on that. Depending on the Cop who pulls you over is how badly you will be punished for child not being in a restraint. Some will give you a warning some will give you a day in court I guess. Repeat offenders I can see CPS and all that but first time? I guess anything is possible. And your right because she is Britney Spears she will get off i'm sure that's one of the celebrity perks. But hey ppl it's not like she hung her baby over a balcony ya know! :doh:

KrazyKollector said:
The difference is: Letting your child help you in the kitchen and having an accident is an accident. It's NOT against the law.
Spears driving a vehicle with her baby on her lap with no restraint IS against the law. She should be penalized as harshly as any one else would be. :behindbar CPS investigation, arrest for reckless endangerment and facing a judge with a hefty fine, court-ordered parenting classes, checks by CPS and probation.
Anything less is getting off because of who she is.:razz:

Celebrities CHOOSE this life and if they are so stupid that they don't realize they are going to be watched, then they are too stupid to be a celebrity, and that's pretty stupid!:bang: :loser: :boohoo:
There is a PRICE for the millions of dollars and all the free dinners and gifts and special treatment. A celeb at Sundance could make off with over a hundred G's in freebies. Then they complain when a businessman gets rich.:boohoo:
They kevtch when a businessman makes millions but then turn around and say, "Give me $10 million for the movie plus this, that and the other as freebies.." :razz: Pot calling the kettle black in MHO.:croc:

I hope they come down hard on Spears :loser: and make her ante up for her mistake.
They won't, but hope springs eternal anyway.:blushing:

Mygirlsadie said:
I think her wanting to be a celebrity was pretty much her mothers doing. She was too young to make her own decision on that. Depending on the Cop who pulls you over is how badly you will be punished for child not being in a restraint. Some will give you a warning some will give you a day in court I guess. Repeat offenders I can see CPS and all that but first time? I guess anything is possible. And your right because she is Britney Spears she will get off i'm sure that's one of the celebrity perks. But hey ppl it's not like she hung her baby over a balcony ya know! :doh:
What she is doing is negligent. I couldn't ever excuse this action, by anyone.
The crusher position.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrskemp23
Back