Britney Spears speaks …

I took notice when there was so much attention on the conservatorship ending.IOW shocking that she had such little access to the very things that she worked hard to attain. But on a closer look ..IMO her world
was/is is imploding.
I think this guy held her hand when he could ..but whatever darkness is going on with her must be painfully hard to navigate.
The revisit on child-star-life for those who have been brave enough to share is sad. And sad seems like such a mild word to attach to it. Brooke Sheild’s documentary surprised me how she forgave & justified her exploited lost childhood. Mariel Hemingway too.
IMO this one we are talking about, needs years of guidance & therapy to get the tools to be at peace. Her hundreds of twirling videos,makeup running down her face are in attempt to self sooth
MOO

Last edited:
I took notice when there was so much attention on the conservatorship ending.IOW shocking that she had such little access to the very things that she worked hard to attain. But on a closer look ..IMO her world
was/is is imploding.
I think this guy held her hand when he could ..but whatever darkness is going on with her must be painfully hard to navigate.
The revisit on child-star-life for those who have been brave enough to share is sad. And sad seems like such a mild word to attach to it. Brooke Sheild’s documentary surprised me how she forgave & justified her exploited lost childhood. Mariel Hemingway too.
IMO this one we are talking about, needs years of guidance & therapy to get the tools to be at peace. Her hundreds of twirling videos,makeup running down her face are in attempt to self sooth
MOO
<modsnip - unnecessary>
I think to need to brush up on my Britney.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Tragedy runs in my family,' she states in the tome, before diving into the horrendous tale of how her grandmother - who was known to everyone as Jean and inspired Britney's middle name - endured years of trauma and loss before ultimately shooting herself on top of her infant son's grave.

Jean was married to a police officer named June Spears Sr. - Britney's paternal grandfather - a 'viscous' man who fathered 10 children from three different wives, and has been accused of sexually assaulting his daughter when she was only 11.

After losing her baby when he was only three days old, June put Jean into an institution, where she was involuntarily put on the drug lithium - something Britney herself has claimed she had to take.

On a humid spring day in 1966, Jean walked into the cemetery where her baby boy had been buried and pointed a 12-gauge shotgun up at her head and pulled the trigger.

Worth the read, imo.

Given the context of Spears' punishing 13-year conservatorship and her relentlessly cruel treatment by the media, the title feels almost like an indictment of us all for not listening to her, for decades, tell us who she is and what she wants. It also suggests entrapment — of not having the freedom to live authentically, on her own terms. As a feminist cultural critic and armchair philosopher, I find Spears’ understanding of freedom the most compelling aspect of this book, much more than the celebrity gossip that has been sensationalized in the media.

Spears presents an idea of freedom that is tethered to gender, and specifically being and becoming a woman. The title, in fact, says it all: "The Woman in Me" is about becoming free and becoming a woman at the same time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back