Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very dearest Tom'sGirl,:blowkiss:
Yes, it is an old photo and you are right in saying that the caption says "undated" photo. I am the one who put that caption there to stress that it is an old photo. I put that there so that posters would know that it is old and that there would not have to be any question that is is in fact old and undated.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Thanks, dark_shadows, for posting another pic of Gagnon. I am now going to 'cool' my interest in seeing a newer pic of him because there HAS to be a reason the FBI does not want it released.

I think R Gagnon was trying to say it was "Legal" because it was Russian.

Well, he got it from somewhere! It is illegal to posess CP in the United States, so he had pooped in his nest any way you slice it.

Also, the FBI knows Gagnon used the library computer in Cullman, Alabama, and that there is an eyewitness of him taking 'computers' or computer equipment into the Cullman, Alabama house. These things probably have his prints on them. Besides that, it was found in his house. He cannot get around that.

I am like SS. Why would he say that if not to try to 'tip' someone or others off?

I understand what you are saying, Carrington, and you are more than likely right also.

It is the strangest thing about Gagnon's mugshot not being released, imo. They sure had no problem putting MJ's out there! I am going to be steamed if this guy works a deal for a much lighter sentence.

Once she's stronger & older... it might do her a world of good.... unless she simply prefers to move on with her life & not have to face him again.

This is just my opinion and experience, but you never "move on". It kind of boils down to you're a victim or survivor.

Sometimes as you get older you can't even pinpoint what is bothering you. Example being some victims seem O.K. until they have a child. Sometimes they're fine until the child becomes the age they were when they were first abused.You can get hit like a ton of bricks from a noise or a smell or even a color out of nowhere. It's an ugly, sneaky, rotten thing that lives with you.

I can't even begin to fathom or pretend to understand what this poor child has suffered through all these years. It's almost unimaginable. Hopefully she will get some real good therapy. She may need it on and off for life the poor kid.

It is the strangest thing about Gagnon's mugshot not being released, imo. They sure had no problem putting MJ's out there! I am going to be steamed if this guy works a deal for a much lighter sentence.

I was discussing this earlier today with friends.
I cannot remember a case in the past 20 years anyway, that shielded, hid, protected a person already arrested for a crime. It boggles my mind. I want to know why his picture hasn't been released. If the judge allowed cameras in the court room to snap MJ's picture, why couldn't a reporter snap a picture of RG?

I really don't understand why they only got a side sketch either! It is as if the artist who did that was told they could not draw his face. What was the point?

It is strange; however, RG is the key to figuring out what really happened. He, IMO, will know if MJ murdered Brooke. There were several conversations. Surely, MJ told him what happened in those conversations. Hopefully, RG is telling the police the truth or something close to it. That's the only reason that I can see why the police are protecting him right now. It still doesn't make sense to me. :waitasec:

I agree, SS.
There has to be a reason. Let's see if some enterprising reporter gets a shot on Gagnons way into or out of Federal Court on the 17th,
If the FBI does not want it released for any reason, then that is good enough for me! It may be as you said - they do not want someone they are persuing to recognize him as he may have gone by another name with some people he was maybe selling to or swapping *advertiser censored* with.

This better not get a light sentence!

Does anyone know if Gagnon is related to a Carmen Gagnon? TIA

I found this in an article that was posted over the weekend.
Will this be enough to charge MJ with premeditated murder?

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080713/NEWS01/80712014
Police say data recovered from Jacques’ laptop June 29 revealed online correspondence and postings that linked the 42-year-old man to a concerted effort to mislead, entrap and harm his niece.

And this. An explanation of how some of their *advertiser censored* may have been downloaded.
Back in 1996 and 1997 we started to see child *advertiser censored* on 3½-inch diskettes or quick downloads in a library,” he continued. “The early computer bulletin board groups were very active in *advertiser censored*, even though they were working with one image at a time that took a day to transmit. Now people can transfer a full feature film in a few minutes

An affidavit submitted to U.S. District Court supports the enduring importance of hunches and older technologies. In the document, Jacques claims that he’d taken his desktop computer’s hard drive to Best Buy for repairs. An investigator shot down that explanation with a simple phone call.

I found this in an article that was posted earlier over the weekend.
Will that be enough to charge MJ with premeditated murder?

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080713/NEWS01/80712014

And this. An explanation of how some of their *advertiser censored* may have been downloaded.

I think there is a great chance at conviction where Jacques is concerned, don't you? Look at what LE already has on him! It is not a giant leap for me to think that a jury could convict him with the Federal charge of Kidnapping resulting in death.

LaLaw,
I believe they have enough to convict him of kidnapping.
But I'm worried MJ won't be charged with premeditated murder because when reading the articles, he never mentioned them killing Brooke.
A defense lawyer could argue that point....know what I mean?

It mentioned in the article I posted earlier that Russia raised their age of consent to 16 years old four years ago. Before then it was 14 years old.

I think the internet should fall under international law concerning cp. Let them determine the universal age of consent.

I hear what you're saying but how realistic is that?

In America we can't even agree on one single age of consent for marriage for instance... it varies by state.

I'm just too cynical to believe the entire world will ever work together like this.

And let's face it.... as devastating & disgusting as CP is.... look around the world..... you have child slaves, child soldiers, child brides, child terrorists, children dying of starvation, children dying of preventable diseases.

We're not exactly a very caring species, are we? :furious:

LaLaw,
But I'm worried MJ won't be charged with premeditated murder because when reading the articles, he never mentioned them killing Brooke.

We can't assume that the emails did NOT escalate as the planning progressed.

And judging AR's anger in that one email towards Brooke & Savanna, it's not a leap to think she might have mentioned Brooke's pending death.

Sure, MJ might tell her to delete such an incriminating email but it's obvious neither of them WIPED their disks clean & all evidence of their planning will still be there.

LaLaw,

I understand what you are saying, philamena, but do you not think there is enough evidence with the emails, etc.? I think when all evidence is presented by the prosecutor, it will seem more likely than not that Jacques did kidnap Brooke, and that ended in her death, didn't it?

People have been convicted of murder without a body. People have been convicted on circumstancial evidence. AND we yet do not know all of the evidence LE has.

Seriously, has MJ's mugshot been released? If it has, I missed it. I even went looking and couldn't find one. Can you post it or direct me to a link, please?

We can't assume that the emails did NOT escalate as the planning progressed.

And judging AR's anger in that one email towards Brooke & Savanna, it's not a leap to think she might have mentioned Brooke's pending death.

Sure, MJ might tell her to delete such an incriminating email but it's obvious neither of them WIPED their disks clean & all evidence of their planning will still be there.

LI_Mom,
Thanks for the feedback.
You're right, I have no idea how the furor against Brooke escalated in the emails.

I hear what you're saying but how realistic is that?

In America we can't even agree on one single age of consent for marriage for instance... it varies by state.

I'm just too cynical to believe the entire world will ever work together like this.

And let's face it.... as devastating & disgusting as CP is.... look around the world..... you have child slaves, child soldiers, child brides, child terrorists, children dying of starvation, children dying of preventable diseases.

We're not exactly a very caring species, are we? :furious:

LI_Mom, if we do not start screaming for new and better laws, plus REALLY long prison sentences, then nothing will change.
I would rather there be more money spent destroying Child *advertiser censored* sites than putting someone on the moon! There has to also be more money allocated to the computer forensic teams. I know it cannot be wiped out, but it can be exposed over and over, and at least some sites shut down.
And sadly, LI_Mom, you are right - some people are not very caring - all over this world.

This is just my opinion and experience, but you never "move on". It kind of boils down to you're a victim or survivor.

Sometimes as you get older you can't even pinpoint what is bothering you. Example being some victims seem O.K. until they have a child. Sometimes they're fine until the child becomes the age they were when they were first abused.You can get hit like a ton of bricks from a noise or a smell or even a color out of nowhere. It's an ugly, sneaky, rotten thing that lives with you.

I can't even begin to fathom or pretend to understand what this poor child has suffered through all these years. It's almost unimaginable. Hopefully she will get some real good therapy. She may need it on and off for life the poor kid.

I understand what you're saying & of course I didn't mean to infer that victims simply 'move on.'

But not every victim wants to go through a trial & all the pain that brings back up to the surface & especially in such a high profile case it's got to be even more stressful.

I understand what you are saying, philamena, but do you not think there is enough evidence with the emails, etc.? I think when all evidence is presented by the prosecutor, it will seem more likely than not that Jacques did kidnap Brooke, and that ended in her death, didn't it?

People have been convicted of murder without a body. People have been convicted on circumstancial evidence. AND we yet do not know all of the evidence LE has.

I think there's a lot of evidence we don't know about. Hopefully we'll be privy to the evidence at trial.
Admittedly my main concern is that MJ never get out of prison again. He is such a monster and a repeat offender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace