By Accident Or On Purpose Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?

By Accident or on Purpose Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?

• An Intruder Killed JonBenet and Covered Up the Crime

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Patsy Ramsey Acted Alone in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

Votes: 23 4.3%
  • John Ramsey Acted Alone in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Burke Killed JonBenet with Patsy and John Helping to Cover Up the Crime

Votes: 394 73.4%
  • John and Patsy Acted Together in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • Other/I Don't Know

Votes: 48 8.9%

• Total voters
[video=dailymotion;x5g3vi2]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g3vi2_casting-jonbenet-on-netflix-official-trailer_shortfilms[/video]

Casting JonBenet on Netflix - Official Trailer
'the son' @ 1:26

The face (Train track poke marks)
the neck (Ligature marks and posible marks from manual strangulation)
the ear (???)
two marks on her back (Train track poke marks)
scratches on her leg (???)
really big bruise near her collar bone (possibly from a knee holding her down as the garrotte was pulled)

So I don't think anyone went "postal" on her, I think most of these marks occurred after she was unconscious.

re collar bone - wasn't she strangled lying face down?

Neck injuries included what appears to be child-sized fingernail scratches near the furrow. Very important IMO.

Where the marks on her neck confirmed as fingernail marks??

No they are petechial hemorrhages, burst capillaries which occurred during strangulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.sowetanlive.co.za/goodli...on-to-sibling-causes-forgotten-child-syndrome

Parents playing favourites: Paying more attention to sibling causes 'forgotten child syndrome'
Mar 28, 2017

"Child pageant queen JonBenet Ramsey was six years old when she was murdered by an alleged intruder in 1996 at her home in Colorado, US.

What stands out about the story was how her brother, Burke, who was nine years old at the time, became one of the suspects police focused on.

The reason? They speculated that Burke suffered from "forgotten child syndrome", which is rage and jealousy over a sibling receiving more attention from parents than them.

Friends and family said Jon Benet was always showered with affection and attention by her parents, and was the glorified child because of all her beauty pageant wins, which may have led to Burke snapping on the fateful night.

But is the forgotten child syndrome real?

Educational psychologist Sicelo Simelane says that although there is no official term, it is a reality, and comes from parents playing favourites."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201704/who-killed-jonbenet-part-3-the-grand-jury

Who Killed JonBenet (Part 3): The Grand Jury

What is the significance of the mystifying grand jury findings?
Posted Apr 10, 2017

(Back to Santa?)

"Yet, at this late date, we may never know. Unless, of course, the investigators still working this cold case are willing to critically reevaluate the various questionable criteria used at that time to rule out potential suspects--e.g., weak alibis, inconclusive handwriting analysis, dubious DNA evidence, etc.-- and take a fresh and unbiased look at the totality of evidence as it stands right now and its implications regarding the deeply disturbing possibility that JonBenet's murderer may not have been an immediate member of the Ramsey family, as most still believe, nor some mysterious random intruder(s), but rather a close and trusted friend and confidant."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evil-deeds/201704/who-killed-jonbenet-part-3-the-grand-jury

Who Killed JonBenet (Part 3): The Grand Jury

What is the significance of the mystifying grand jury findings?
Posted Apr 10, 2017

(Back to Santa?)

"Yet, at this late date, we may never know. Unless, of course, the investigators still working this cold case are willing to critically reevaluate the various questionable criteria used at that time to rule out potential suspects--e.g., weak alibis, inconclusive handwriting analysis, dubious DNA evidence, etc.-- and take a fresh and unbiased look at the totality of evidence as it stands right now and its implications regarding the deeply disturbing possibility that JonBenet's murderer may not have been an immediate member of the Ramsey family, as most still believe, nor some mysterious random intruder(s), but rather a close and trusted friend and confidant."

The guy is overlooking Burke because he was already exonerated. I think its pretty safe to say that the GJ was thinking Burke was the killer.

The guy is overlooking Burke because he was already exonerated. I think its pretty safe to say that the GJ was thinking Burke was the killer.

andreww,
Spot on. The case is BDI, plain and simple. Due to Colorado child laws BR gets a free pass.

Everyone and their dog, that includes Dr Phil, big clue there, knows BR is the killer, but he gets the pass since he was a child when it happened, and we reckon the parents staged the wine-cellar crime-scene.

I just watched the netflix movie Casting JonBenet, which reminded me of this case. I did read up on it a while back, and it always seemed pretty bizarre.

IMO, the theory that both children were sexually abused holds the most weight for me. BR and JBR both apparently exhibited sexual behaviour beyond their years, and from the accounts of PR's behaviour/personality, I don't think it's impossible that she would have at least allowed that kind of behaviour. As a former pageant girl herself, I wouldn't be surprised if she had suffered sexual assault. This does, for me, allow the theory of BR accidentally killing JBR to garner some weight. As others have said, this is the most plausible situation for the spouses 'covering' for one another, rather than saving their own skins. I think if an intruder had been present, DNA or other evidence would have come to light, despite any tampering with the crime scene. The handwriting experts' analysis of the ransom note in itself is pretty damning, IMO.

This also explains why there has been no conviction. If state laws mean that BR cannot be held culpable, then the only person who could be charged is JR. And of course, the only person who could aid in such a conviction is BR - who would presumably not want to implicate himself.

JMO. Hope the above is acceptable speculation.

re collar bone - wasn't she strangled lying face down?
That is not something that can been proven by the forensic evidence. It falls in line with what many people theorize, but (TMK) there is no way to determine it by what is available. That is not to say though that it is not possible she was strangled lying face down -- just that it's not certain.

Neck injuries included what appears to be child-sized fingernail scratches near the furrow. Very important IMO.
Even though some have speculated this, I don't believe there are any fingernail scratches anywhere on her neck.

Images of what actual fingernail marks look like can be found with a search engine (I won't post any here because they are pretty graphic and might be offensive to some). Actual patterns of fingernail marks are useful to investigators because they can be used to determine if they are self-inflicted or caused by an assailant. They can sometimes be used to establish whether an assailant used his/her right or left hand to manually strangle a victim, as well as whether the victim was strangled from the front or from behind. They are often found with corresponding bruises from the pressure of the assailant's fingertips, and they are usually grouped in a way that each finger can be identified.

But the main reason not to believe some of the agminated petechial hemorrhages are fingernail scratches are because they were not called that by the medical examiner who was able to examine them first-hand. (The word "autopsy" comes from Greek words literally meaning "self seen," or IOW, "to see for oneself.") Petechiae are caused by small capillaries and venules bursting and releasing blood below the skin surface. A scratch will have the outer surface of the skin abraded and possibly even bleeding. The difference between these two types of injuries are obvious to a person who is able to view them in person over what others might think they see in a two-dimensional photograph. Dr. Meyer (despite the faults in his practices) was a trained and certified Forensic Pathologist. Examining these injuries, he would know the difference. The only people (including any other MEs) you will hear saying any of these marks are from fingernails are people who have only seen the photographs.

(I really wish we could put this misconception to rest once and for all, but I know it won't happen.)

IMO JonBenet was assulted by a sadistic pedophile. He entered the house via basement window when the Ramsey's were at the Whites. The perp was waring a backpack with the supplies. Flash light, rope and duct tape. He also had a ransom note in his back pack but opted to write another one with paper and pen from the house not wanting to leave any personal items behind. Once the family was down for the night he went to JonBenet's room striking her over the head with the heavy end of his flash light to render unconscious but...he hit her harder then he had wanted to. He ate slept and drank this little girl and needed to have her awake to get her out the basement window or one of the doors. She never woke up and plans changed. JonBenet was wet and there happened to be a box of days of the week underware in the basement. The perp put the wet pair in his bag and the clean ones on JonBenet. She is still not awake. Who knows what makes this guy tick or what he thinks but he decides to torture JonBenet and killing her. As for the paint brush assault, rape by foreign object is a common act of a true predator. Ask any survivor. Why has he note re offended ? Child molesters are always hunting. His dream girl is dead he didn't get to take her with him. This is all he has been thinking since the first time he saw her. Deep depression sets in and he hangs himself. One less predator in the world.

JIMO JonBenet was assulted by a sadistic pedophile. He entered the house via basement window when the Ramsey's were at the Whites. The perp was waring a backpack with the supplies. Flash light, rope and duct tape. He also had a ransom note in his back pack but opted to write another one with paper and pen from the house not wanting to leave any personal items behind. Once the family was down for the night he went to JonBenet's room striking her over the head to render unconscious but...he hit her harder then he had wanted to. He ate slept and drank this little girl and needed to have her awake to get her out the basement window or one of the doors. She never woke up and plans changed. JonBenet was wet and there happened to be a box of days of the week underware in the basement. The perp put the wet pair in his bag and the clean ones on JonBenet. She is still not awake. Who knows what makes this guy tick or what he thinks but he decides to torture JonBenet and killing her. As for the paint brush assault, rape by foreign object is a common act of a true predator. Ask any survivor. Why has he note re offended ? Child molesters are always hunting. His dream girl is dead he didn't get to take her with him. He didn't intend to kill her. This is all he has been thinking since the first time he saw her. Deep depression sets in and he hangs himself. One less predator in the world.

That is not something that can been proven by the forensic evidence. It falls in line with what many people theorize, but (TMK) there is no way to determine it by what is available. That is not to say though that it is not possible she was strangled lying face down -- just that it's not certain.

Even though some have speculated this, I don't believe there are any fingernail scratches anywhere on her neck.

Images of what actual fingernail marks look like can be found with a search engine (I won't post any here because they are pretty graphic and might be offensive to some). Actual patterns of fingernail marks are useful to investigators because they can be used to determine if they are self-inflicted or caused by an assailant. They can sometimes be used to establish whether an assailant used his/her right or left hand to manually strangle a victim, as well as whether the victim was strangled from the front or from behind. They are often found with corresponding bruises from the pressure of the assailant's fingertips, and they are usually grouped in a way that each finger can be identified.

But the main reason not to believe some of the agminated petechial hemorrhages are fingernail scratches are because they were not called that by the medical examiner who was able to examine them first-hand. (The word "autopsy" comes from Greek words literally meaning "self seen," or IOW, "to see for oneself.") Petechiae are caused by small capillaries and venules bursting and releasing blood below the skin surface. A scratch will have the outer surface of the skin abraded and possibly even bleeding. The difference between these two types of injuries are obvious to a person who is able to view them in person over what others might think they see in a two-dimensional photograph. Dr. Meyer (despite the faults in his practices) was a trained and certified Forensic Pathologist. Examining these injuries, he would know the difference. The only people (including any other MEs) you will hear saying any of these marks are from fingernails are people who have only seen the photographs.

(I really wish we could put this misconception to rest once and for all, but I know it won't happen.)

otg,
Seems like James Kolar suffers from this misconception. You must write to him so he can amend the relevant chapter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...hi_im_chief_marshall_james_kolar_ama/cpu0vj3/
Det. Smit didn’t appear to take into consideration the forensic opinions rendered about the sequencing of injuries. Based upon my review of those theories, it is my belief that the fingernail marks on JBR’s throat were created when the collar of her shirt was pulled tight around her neck, at the same time that the triangular shaped bruise was formed on the front her neck. Next came the blow to her head that rendered her unconscious.

The garrote could not have been responsible for the triangular bruising, and was applied some period of time later, when JBR was unconscious and unable to struggle against the placement of the cord.

I don’t believe the strangulation with the cord was a part of staging, and its use constituted an underlying part of the motivation involved in the assault on JBR. A more complete analysis of the sequencing of the injuries was offered in Chapter 6 of the book.

IMO JonBenet was assulted by a sadistic pedophile. He entered the house via basement window when the Ramsey's were at the Whites. The perp was waring a backpack with the supplies. Flash light, rope and duct tape. He also had a ransom note in his back pack but opted to write another one with paper and pen from the house not wanting to leave any personal items behind. Once the family was down for the night he went to JonBenet's room striking her over the head with the heavy end of his flash light to render unconscious but...he hit her harder then he had wanted to. He ate slept and drank this little girl and needed to have her awake to get her out the basement window or one of the doors. She never woke up and plans changed. JonBenet was wet and there happened to be a box of days of the week underware in the basement. The perp put the wet pair in his bag and the clean ones on JonBenet. She is still not awake. Who knows what makes this guy tick or what he thinks but he decides to torture JonBenet and killing her. As for the paint brush assault, rape by foreign object is a common act of a true predator. Ask any survivor. Why has he note re offended ? Child molesters are always hunting. His dream girl is dead he didn't get to take her with him. This is all he has been thinking since the first time he saw her. Deep depression sets in and he hangs himself. One less predator in the world.

Care to explain the personal nature of the crime?

Items were being staged in the basement during the "kidnapping phase". There's photographic proof of this and its discussed in the transcripts. Your phantom intruder was already gone at that point. Why would a murder victim's family be covering for an intruder? Not just covering for them but doing it before her body is even found!

That should do it for now. Once you've legitimately answered those questions, I'll post another batch for ya.

*snip*Once the family was down for the night he went to JonBenet's room striking her over the head with the heavy end of his flash light to render unconscious but...he hit her harder then he had wanted to. He ate slept and drank this little girl and needed to have her awake to get her out the basement window or one of the doors. *snip*

Why would this intruder need for JonBenet to be awake to get her out of the butler kitchen door which, according to John, had been found unlocked and open? (DoI, ch The Murderer)

Care to explain the personal nature of the crime?

Items were being staged in the basement during the "kidnapping phase". There's photographic proof of this and its discussed in the transcripts. Your phantom intruder was already gone at that point. Why would a murder victim's family be covering for an intruder? Not just covering for them but doing it before her body is even found!

That should do it for now. Once you've legitimately answered those questions, I'll post another batch for ya.

I'm changing my opinion to BR involvement. I'm Clearly not as polished as so many of you posters. How did JR and PR cover for the intruder theory?

Why would this intruder need for JonBenet to be awake to get her out of the butler kitchen door which, according to John, had been found unlocked and open? (DoI, ch The Murderer)

Cause he was a small man or boy unable to carry JBR down the stairs and out the door. He very well could of drug her down the steps all the way to the basement leaving marks that look like defensive wounds? Her arms above her head are telling that she was drug not carried. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back