CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error message. Can’t open link. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It opened for me. You do want to read it. Be certain your browser allows "ca.gov" and also "pdf.js" - I had to manually choose to allow those.

Hello all! Before all the FB pics were taken down there was someone who commented that all original pics were saved to a google site. Does anyone happen to have that link? Also, a few days ago there was a pic of them at DL with a very young girl standing in front wearing a pink shirt where she looked to have TWO black eyes. Anyone have that pic? Thanks in advance Websleuthers!

I wish I knew as well. Daily mail seems to have a lot of them, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the kids require such careful nutritional treatment in hospital now, imagine if one of them had escaped to rummage through the neighbour's trash, or eaten one of the pies on the kitchen bench anytime over the last year. It's almost impossible to believe that every child has survived this horrendous treatment - infections, the high risk of heart failure due to malnutrition etc.

My kids have absorbed a little of this story because I'm so caught up in it, and we are sending a few packs of playing cards from Australia. I feel terrible that my children have been exposed to such a horrific story, but it's a good chance to show them that if you see something bad, you do something good. My 9yo came up with the idea of the playing cards, and I'm really keen to do that.

It seems science would disagree with your first sentence and agree with your 2nd paragraph as that describes a lot of high functioning spectrum folks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-likely-to-have-autistic-traits-a6719956.html

I am not familiar with autism nor do I pretend to know anything about it but I think high functioning folks on the spectrum can almost be anything they want to be. I could be wrong though.

Totally off topic but on topic sorta: The Good Doctor I'm totally enjoying it.

Yes. I'm trying very hard to remain tactful regarding this subject as it is near and dear to my heart, however, the characteristics the OP is using as evidence as to why a person on the spectrum would not be suited to engineering, are precisely the characteristics many on the spectrum possess, and therefore as a result are so successful in STEM fields. Not all, of course. As the saying goes, "When you've met one person on the spectrum, you've met one person on the spectrum", but yes, it is not at all unusual to find high functioning spectrum individuals in engineering, medicine, science, etc.

It seems science would disagree with your first sentence and agree with your 2nd paragraph as that describes a lot of high functioning spectrum folks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-likely-to-have-autistic-traits-a6719956.html

I am not familiar with autism nor do I pretend to know anything about it but I think high functioning folks on the spectrum can almost be anything they want to be. I could be wrong though.

Totally off topic but on topic sorta: The Good Doctor I'm totally enjoying it.

You are absolutely correct. They can be anything they want to be. <3

I have an awful feeling that there are some missing children, and that those family photos were smoke and mirrors to stop extended family from figuring out who was who. If they were having a baby roughly every 18 months and sending out photos every three or four years, it would maybe have been possible to shuffle the kids along in sequence.
Of course, we could find that the Turpins privately sent regular individual photos of each child to family members and these images are not available to the public, but all we have seen are these group shots. Even in the "Thing" photo where the kids are identified by number, we can see that they aren't matched chronologically correctly. None of the older kids look the correct biological age.
A pair of short sighted grandparents who are determined to trust their god-fearing son would not be suspicious or puzzled. But medical tests, testimony from the kids and careful matching of birth certificates to living children might reveal some missing kids.

JMO
I agree and am worried that they may have had more children than they are claiming and there is no telling what happened to the missing kid(s) if in fact any are really missing.

The way they kept isolated and the way we only see group photos at certain period of time in their lives I think they could have fairly easily gotten rid of one or two of them and nobody would be the wiser.

It is very confusing trying to build a timeline of when all the children were born. There is supposed to be a birth certificate for each and every child but if they had kids at the home without hospital oversight then there is no telling really.

Thanks to those who have tried to build some sort of timeline and trying to identify who is who. Its a good start. We just need to keep open minded that they may have tried to deceive us with the grand total of kids they had.

I strongly disagree!! I have no idea if he is or he isn’t on the spectrum, but that may not have any bearing on if he could have achieved an engineering degree.

My niece has Aspergers and goes to the top public university in NJ. Her school is actually known for its engineering program, ironically enough. My niece may struggle with social interactions and some other things, but she is an incredibly bright young woman and is doing just fine in school.

Yes. I'm trying very hard to remain tactful regarding this subject as it is near and dear to my heart, however, the characteristics the OP is using as evidence as to why a person on the spectrum would not be suited to engineering, are precisely the characteristics many on the spectrum possess, and therefore as a result are so successful in STEM fields. Not all, of course. As the saying goes, "When you've met one person on the spectrum, you've met one person on the spectrum", but yes, it is not at all unusual to find high functioning spectrum individuals in engineering, medicine, science, etc.

I don't think anyone means any disrespect. Possibly just less informed as I was until googling:)

c2bd9c1d83c9c0afb1fe9208eb424600.jpg

https://goo.gl/images/8bAPov
I hadn’t seen this photo before today. I wish I could see it with out the blur.

It would depend upon exactly which areas they are high functioning in. I'm diagnosed with Asperger's and would probably be classed as high functioning (intelligence and language, certainly, and I believe I come across in person as "just" very shy and awkward), but I couldn't cope with school, have never worked and have achieved absolutely nothing in my life - I'm only semi-independent through living with my other half; I would not cope alone. Other autistic people who would appear outwardly to have worse problems than me hold down jobs and live alone - it's not a straight scale of high to low functioning, as everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

An autistic person certainly could become an engineer, if they were affected in the right ways to be able to cope with university and working - but others would have no chance of making it that far. So DT's job really doesn't confirm anything either way. I would say that any autistic person willingly going to Disneyland more than once is utterly inconceivable to me, the sensory overload must be incredible, but then again, not all autistic people are as badly affected by it, maybe some actually could handle it...

Hello all! Before all the FB pics were taken down there was someone who commented that all original pics were saved to a google site. Does anyone happen to have that link? Also, a few days ago there was a pic of them at DL with a very young girl standing in front wearing a pink shirt where she looked to have TWO black eyes. Anyone have that pic? Thanks in advance Websleuthers!
The smallest one in front #12. I read that post but didn't really look... ugh.

Attachments

• Perris Turpin Family Disney.jpg
    Perris Turpin Family Disney.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 219
I can&#8217;t get this case out of my head. Not sure how is discovered it but I&#8217;ve managed to finally catch up on the threads.

I saw many people questioning what sparked the escape plan 2 years ago and i think it definitely has to do with the birth of the youngest. Possibly because the older children realized that this is another person that will have to suffer like them and it sparked their own protective instincts to attempt to get help before she too was abused.

On the lewd act charge, I&#8217;m curious as to if it was truly a single incident or if the others just haven&#8217;t spoken up about any other situations. It seems strange to me that the father would sexually assault one of the 10 girls just once. Unless it was another form of punishment, especially if the theory that it was the hero is correct as it seems she may be more rebellious than the others. But then again there was the other incident of one of the older girls trying to escape before so the lewd act as another form of punishment may not be right. From the court complaints document it&#8217;s worded in a way that makes it seem just purely for DT&#8217;s sexual gratification, which doesn&#8217;t seem to fit with the abundance of other possible victims available to him. I would like to see if someone&#8217;s theory of the 8th child looking a bit genetically different and slightly healthier than the others comes out to be anything.

This is probably a very confusing post, I can&#8217;t wrap my head around everything these survivors have had to suffer through. I will be counting down the days until I am back in the states and able to send them some of the things they need.

I believe the lewd act was committed against the 8th child, who also appears to be the child
who contacted the authorities. Looking over the charges and a few other posts this is what I’m piecing together.

The eighth child is also the one most likely to speak out, at this point, about what was done to her. I don't doubt anything the others tell in the future, but the child who escaped has something extra special.

All of their hands are being held in similar fashion.

Yes, and it creeps me out. Every photo is so staged. And we know it’s covering for unspeakable horrors.

Respectfully, if you refer back to the grandmas orbit, DT listed the children in order. There is a name that matches the retracted name in the documents and I believe it is #8, whom everyone speculates is the 17 year old. Back in 2012 she would have been 12. Just my opinion.

Respectfully, I concluded age based on other WS posters and based on the kids being listed in birth order on the obituary. I think she was born in 2002 and would be 15 today. I’m on tapatalk but I’ll go on my laptop tomorrow and quote the post that listed all of the kids birth years.

JMO
I agree and am worried that they may have had more children than they are claiming and there is no telling what happened to the missing kid(s) if in fact any are really missing.

The way they kept isolated and the way we only see group photos at certain period of time in their lives I think they could have fairly easily gotten rid of one or two of them and nobody would be the wiser.

It is very confusing trying to build a timeline of when all the children were born. There is supposed to be a birth certificate for each and every child but if they had kids at the home without hospital oversight then there is no telling really.

Thanks to those who have tried to build some sort of timeline and trying to identify who is who. Its a good start. We just need to keep open minded that they may have tried to deceive us with the grand total of kids they had.
thts possible, I recall the neighbour from years ago, saying contact was cut when she asked the children their names, and didn&#8217;t one of the children say, they weren&#8217;t allowed to say their names.
This couple remind me of Fred and Rosemary West in the UK.

That's interesting. Try this one and then select the very first link about the complaint http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/high-interest-cases.shtml

That site as a whole won't load for me and hasn't since the link was posted several hours ago; I've tried removing everything after the base domain and still can't access it, just times out. Weird that it's working for others, maybe some routing problem or maybe just not viewable outside the US?

That site as a whole won't load for me and hasn't since the link was posted several hours ago; I've tried removing everything after the base domain and still can't access it, just times out. Weird that it's working for others, maybe some routing problem or maybe just not viewable outside the US?

Try just going to the river side courts website itself and then searching Turpin. Thats what worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB