CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. After looking at the charging document, it looks like the charges are listed in the same order as the age of the victim. The names are partially redacted, but not enough if you ask me. Also, there is a specific time frame that is covered for the lewd acts on or about 11/16/2012 through and including 11/15/2013.

I know the link has been posted previously, but you can view the document here: http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/Turpin Complaint.pdf.

This link isn’t working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed so much, I'm on the autistic spectrum myself and find it really annoying that autism is the current excuse of choice for evil people to try to mitigate their crimes, as it gives a bad name to all autistic people. That's bad enough, but seeing people here assuming it without any particular evidence is even worse, as it starts to feel like everyone's thinking autism = evil, which is absolutely not the case - I for one am following this case with as much horror as everyone else.

This man might well be socially awkward, but that's about the only trait that's been mentioned so far - what little we know of him could be all kinds of things, so it'd be nice to see less of the assumption that he has one particular condition over every other possibility.

Yes, yes and yes. Thank you for posting and for agreeing.
My oldest child, my 12 year old angel, is on the spectrum and has several other diagnosis’s. Every time someone suggests autism on this thread I want to scream.

Perhaps a “School Rate”. :maddening::maddening:

Good point...I googled and found 94.00 per middle school, high school student. Probably half that for the smaller kids? It wasn't posted.

Group rates of 15 or more you have to call in for special pricing, so I'm sure they got some sort of discount.

And probably charged on a credit card before they filed for bankruptcy?

I have an awful feeling that there are some missing children, and that those family photos were smoke and mirrors to stop extended family from figuring out who was who. If they were having a baby roughly every 18 months and sending out photos every three or four years, it would maybe have been possible to shuffle the kids along in sequence.
Of course, we could find that the Turpins privately sent regular individual photos of each child to family members and these images are not available to the public, but all we have seen are these group shots. Even in the "Thing" photo where the kids are identified by number, we can see that they aren't matched chronologically correctly. None of the older kids look the correct biological age.
A pair of short sighted grandparents who are determined to trust their god-fearing son would not be suspicious or puzzled. But medical tests, testimony from the kids and careful matching of birth certificates to living children might reveal some missing kids.

I was wondering the same thing. They do seem to take care of the babies. Kids get sick and need antibiotics. It's amazing no child died in their care.

I agree. After looking at the charging document, it looks like the charges are listed in the same order as the age of the victim. The names are partially redacted, but not enough if you ask me. Also, there is a specific time frame that is covered for the lewd acts on or about 11/16/2012 through and including 11/15/2013.

I know the link has been posted previously, but you can view the document here: http://www.riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/Turpin Complaint.pdf.

Error message. Can’t open link.

Personally I don’t think David was/is on the Autism spectrum or else he would not have made it through engineering school.

Engineers are a breed of a different world! They are not like you and I, their brains think in a total different pattern. It does not matter their age or experience-engineers have the same persona. There is no gray, everything is black or white, no sitting on the fence. They must be accurate in their work so that carries over into their life. Everything in the house, or their world, has a specific place! Everything is done on a strict schedule. They are not social people. It’s not because they don’t know how, it’s just not part of their nature.

Occasionally an outgoing social engineer will pop up and you should hear how the other engineers talk about him! He doesn’t fit their mold, and is highly disliked. Once I figured all this out, it became comical! The guy they disliked was a very nice person and a delight to be around. He wasn’t like the other engineers in the department who were dull, boring, and didn’t move from their chair at a party!

From the Las Vegas videos, it was evident DT was not comfortable in a social situation. From the engineering standpoint, he fits the mold of wanting total control of the children when out in public. Of course that didn’t come without much work, punishments, and strict discipline training at home.

Honestly, I can’t figure out exactly what went wrong with this couple. My thought is that DT originally worked in the daytime, LT was Home with the children and she played with the baby/s all day. Housekeeping was not a word in her vocabulary. DT did everything and spoiled LT. As more babies came, LT was overwhelmed with what to do with the different ages. Did she correct them, spank them, or waited until DT got home from work to deal out the punishment?

More babies come, she sends the older children to their room and finds a way to make them stay in there. From there, it is take away one thing after another from the children until it has spiraled out of control. DT supports her as he may be the one who told her how to handle the kiddos at different stages. JMO.

DT promised LT if she would elope with him, he would give her anything she wanted. I think this promise continued throughout their marriage.

My opinions only.

Was he trying to look like Peter Pan? That hairstyle is so bizarre!

The journaling really throws me, well many things do, but allowing the kids to journal, so weird. I assume the parents read the journals? Did the kids write about their abuse? Anyone have any insight to this aspect of the case?

The bowl cut has a long and proud history. It usually meant your Mom cut your hair by putting a bowl on your head and cutting around it.

The Beetles originally had bowl cuts https://cbsnewyork.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/382346.jpg?w=453&h=360&crop=1, tho it became known as the mop top, and they did change their hairstyles by the time they were in their late 50s.

Hello all! Before all the FB pics were taken down there was someone who commented that all original pics were saved to a google site. Does anyone happen to have that link? Also, a few days ago there was a pic of them at DL with a very young girl standing in front wearing a pink shirt where she looked to have TWO black eyes. Anyone have that pic? Thanks in advance Websleuthers!

Maybe not a girl.

It was one of the girls. The published doc with the charges filed didn’t do a great job at disguising the names of the victims. It isn’t the 17 year old either. Jmo

Personally I don’t think David was/is on the Autism spectrum or else he would not have made it through engineering school.

I strongly disagree!! I have no idea if he is or he isn’t on the spectrum, but that may not have any bearing on if he could have achieved an engineering degree.

Engineers are a breed of a different world! They are not like you and I, their brains think in a total different pattern. It does not matter their age or experience-engineers have the same persona. There is no gray, everything is black or white, no sitting on the fence. They must be accurate in their work so that carries over into their life. Everything in the house, or their world, has a specific place! Everything is done on a strict schedule. They are not social people. It’s not because they don’t know how, it’s just not part of their nature.

It seems science would disagree with your first sentence and agree with your 2nd paragraph as that describes a lot of high functioning spectrum folks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-likely-to-have-autistic-traits-a6719956.html

I am not familiar with autism nor do I pretend to know anything about it but I think high functioning folks on the spectrum can almost be anything they want to be. I could be wrong though.

Totally off topic but on topic sorta: The Good Doctor I'm totally enjoying it.

The mother looks stick thin and likely anorexic. The younger two children also look too thin. Look how mother-Louise-next child stand with their arms - just like Louise's children were taught to stand for photos. Grandma had food issues, passed to Louise, passed to Louise's children.

I caught all that too and thought the same things!

These kids should not be separated as I think they have been looking after each other. The older ones would be like mom to the younger ones.

That's a concern of mine, too. One news article said that the children had never seen a policeman before. It must have been very scary for the children to be taken out of the house, even though the house was a horror for them. It's all they knew. I hope by now they are feeling better about being away, especially since they are being fed and certainly bathed and re-clothed. But all they know, besides their "parents," is their siblings. It's impractical, and probably impossible, for them all to stay together, but it would be best for the little ones especially. A tuff situation all around. But at least they are clean and fed. Something so mundane to us is a huge blessing for those sons & daughters. This is one of the worst and one of the most pitiful situations I have ever seen.

It was one of the girls. The published doc with the charges filed didn’t do a great job at disguising the names of the victims. It isn’t the 17 year old either. Jmo

Respectfully, if you refer back to the grandmas orbit, DT listed the children in order. There is a name that matches the retracted name in the documents and I believe it is #8, whom everyone speculates is the 17 year old. Back in 2012 she would have been 12. Just my opinion.

Thank you for posting this. Re the redactions, in charging documents like this the DA will usually use the child's initials if more than one minor is involved. Here they'd all be JT, so I think they added letters to differentiate. FWIW if it were me I would have done JT1, JT2 which would not have helped much more if you knew the order of births but I think it's slightly better than first 3 letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname