CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you feel everyone should be able to express their opinion without walking on egg shells. I thought your comment was a cheap shot, unnecessary, not one bit funny, and offensive. Being an Elvis impersonator is his profession that he worked to perfect. If you were a nurse for example, and I said that by your posts I can tell that you're a nice person who's very caring and contributes a lot to this forum but I also can tell by your posts that I sure as heck wouldn't want you as a nurse taking care of me because you clearly were not a good nurse and then said LOL, would you think that was funny? Some opinions are better left unsaid and making a negative comment about one of the only people in this who's one of the 'good guys' wasn't well received by many, hence the responses to your comment. A couple of people thought it was funny. Good for them---they're entitled to their opinion. I didn't like it---at all-----and that's my opinion.
:banghead:

I actually don’t think we know who took the pics of the bed with zip ties. The current homeowner said he found the pics. So it could have been LT/DT, the kids maybe trying to leave an SOS, the bank during the foreclosure, etc. But yes, major props to whoever took them.

True, you're right about that. We don't know who took them. But yeah, kudos to whoever did!

This girl doesn't sound like a good person.

Edit: The girl in the article, not the poster. Just clarifying lol

Her "interview" appeared on Radar as an "exclusive." Radar is notorious for paying people for stories.

I'll just leave it at that.

This has been bothering me since yesterday and I really need to get it off my chest. Someone commented on not being able to watch the Elvis videos because the impersonator was on the cheesy side. I said that I thought he should be arrested for impersonating an Elvis impersonator and I was indirectly lambasted for it. I could tell the veiled remarks were directed at me.

“The impression I got from him is that he seems genuinely nice.”
“Way harsh”
“He was thoughtful and respectful to everyone in the family. I applaud him.”
“I give him a pass because he was nice to the children.”
“Who cares? In this case, the Elvis impersonator was probably the first person to show the victims a good time in years.”
“However...he had every one of those kids smiling, laughing, and even moving (if not downright dancing)…”
“He might be the only person who encountered these kids before the rescue who can hold his head up and say ‘I did the best I could, based on what I knew.’”

I just want to clarify that I never said this man wasn’t genuine. I never said he was unthoughtful and disrespectful. I never said he wasn’t nice to the kids. I never said he didn’t show the victims a good time. I never said he didn’t make the kids smile and laugh. I never said he should not hold his head up.

I simply said that in my eyes he isn’t a good impersonator. I don’t like feeling that I need to watch every darn word I type and I refuse to walk on eggshells. My opinion is just as good as everyone else's. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I may have already posted this. My s.t. memory isn't the greatest (lots of stuffs over the years) but, I was watching the vid online again, and my spouse looked over, and asked what I was watching. I said the Elvis vow renewal. He said, I thought so... We both agreed that the guy is NOT a very good impersonator, nor singer, and we could not for the life of us see the allure of three renewals (nor one for that matter), but, that Elvis dude DOES seem to be a purdy nice fella. I can't watch it for long either though, it' too campy, I guess is the word, but I do watch a clip here and there because, in part I find it is so bizarre, and in part, because I can tell the kids are having fun. This case makes me feel like I need a shower, constantly, but, watching Elvis guy give the kids a fun outing, does help me with it, a bit, but, I agree, I personally do not find him a very good impersonator, but that doesn't take away from him likely being a nice fella though.

I don't post much, if at all... anyway, I wanted to have a look at the community college the eldest boy attended. Was he there in October 2016? There is a photo of a boy on their page and it looks very similar to him, but I'm not sure if it's allowed (posting the URL or image itself)

Could be someone entirely different! :)

1. Inability to conceive easily due to age.
2. Birth control boo boo.

She either didn't take her birth control as diligently as she should have, or it was just ineffective. My mom used Plan B most times. She used within 24 hours and she still got pregnant! She even took 3 pregnancy tests (because things weren't right) and they gave her false negatives each time.

Of course, I don't know if LT was using birth control or not.
It's just as likely she had trouble conceiving due to her age.

IMO

Anyone else notice a pattern of suspects and their obsession with Disney? The Moorers? The Turpins?

Also, by reading through the bankruptcy paperwork, it makes me wonder if the abuse got steadily worse as financial problems became worse. Also, if I remember correctly they stated that their expenses decreased partially due to saving money on insurance costs. Possibly dropping the kids’ coverage?

Thank goodness the 17 year old found something sharp to cut the screen with. There is an article on the college. One of the classmates interviewed said the boy talked to himself, suddenly would leave class, and said he had no friends. After meeting the mother by the van and the boy asking the mother if he could be friends with his new classmate, the mother said something like "Whatever" and drove off. The boy never appeared in this particular class again. https://radaronline.com/videos/cali...pin-kid-college-classmate-mentally-disturbed/

Quote from article:
[FONT=&quot]“He asked her: ‘Mom, I met this girl and she doesn’t have any friends either. Can we be friends? Is that okay?'” Faith explained.

If this is true, then oh my, that is heartbreaking. Bless his heart.

I read an earlier article (might have been on DailyMail) about stuff Louise Turpin's sister Teresa said and something was mentioned about the oldest daughter flirting with a boy a four years ago when she was 25. It's sad seeing these kids (who are actually adults) trying to be normal and develop relationships and then seeing their parents torture and isolate them.

I hope within the next year that they finally get the normal friendships and relationships they deserve.[/FONT]

Its a good question and I think you are right that she had to have known that the phone would still dial 911.

I learned that a long time ago about it by watching a news show and its why I have kept a couple of old phones.

Its some sort of law that was passed and Im really glad they have that. It saved this family and it makes me wonder how many families that cannot afford a cell phone service have old cell phones for emergency purposes.

She might simply not have known that otherwise it wasn't a working phone. She might have assumed it worked just fine.

She might have seen 911 on the home phone or on the wall in the kitchen or some such thing. Maybe even at the Elvis show.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by disgruntled
Thank you. No, this institution still exists. a little private gulag run by the same monster who was there when I was a child. He no longer starves the girls and claims he no longer uses corporal punishment (severe bloody beatings they were, actually) I have devoted my life to trying to close him down and expose him because in spite of his claims to have changed his ways I know how much he enjoyed hurting and humiliating young girls. That is who he is, that kind of sadism and cruelty is from the soul. I truly believe the girls locked in his basement are in danger every day and continue to exhaust every avenue I can find to try and rescue them.

Sounds like many conservative christian gulags well known to fundie-watchers. One that comes to mind is in Indiana and also is still open. The stories about hormones used to stop menstruation (as well as the starvation methods) are horrifying. @disgruntled -- kudos to you for continuing to help these brave and innocent young women.

O/T RSD prayers for the families of the kids killed in a school shooting in KY. Horrible news that, a 15 year old shooter.

O/T Thank you, Raisin. It's just awful. It's the 10th school shooting this year. :( Benton is a very small town. The whole county barely has a population of 30,000.

The last house prior to the house in Perris, was in Murrieta..........not too far from Perris. From what I understand, it was a rental. It was a two story in a neighborhood much like the Perris neighborhood, with houses so close there was only maybe 10 - 12 feet between them. There hasn't been any photos of that house other than an exterior picture.

I'm somewhat familiar with both Perris and Murrieta. Prior to the mid 1990s, both Murrieta and Perris were quaint small desert towns. Murrieta was known for Murrieta Hot Springs, which are now located on the grounds of Calvery Church Conference Center. There's also a very nice golf course with mobile home lots and a club house that was for many years a draw for seniors. Perris claim to fame is their neat railroad museum featuring trolley cars from southern California cities. In both cases, you could drive many miles through wide open country. Then in the mid-1990s a housing boom began with neighborhoods springing up all over the place and major shopping centers comiing in.

Personally, I liked the pre-housing boom when there were only a few mom and pop stores and a couple of quaint restaurants.

Thanks for that info.

I meant to edit my comment but messed up and quoted it. But it was ref to my orig quoted reply of someone referencing their last home. The member was speaking of Rio Vista jmho as we haven't as you said seen anything about the Murrieta home.

Please forgive me if this has been posted and I haven't seen it just yet.

I read something in Time Magazine. At least I thought it was Time.It was online and it came on my Facebook feed.

It was about a woman who went to grade school with the oldest Turpin girl.The 29-year-old. She talked about how horrible she and her classmates treated her because she smelled. Now she finds out the truth and is devastated thinking about this poor little girl and what she went through at school and at home.

This was before they were homeschooling their kids.

Now, I am wondering if what I read wasn't made up because I can't find it anywhere. It had a picture of the girl in grade school and her real name. The picture is fine because it is so old. If we can find it we can black out the first name.

Again, my apologies if I have disrupted the thread. I will report myself to the owner and await my eventual banning.

Tricia

I think so, too. And it's easy to guesstimate the sizes that a child would wear. Those who are of average size usually wear the same size in clothes as their age (eg. my 13 year old wears size 12-14). In this case the sizes that matched the ages were waaaaay too large, because the kiddoes were so tiny. :(
Agree. Also, they kinda all about same waists size. With that many and so close in ages, jmho they swapped out/shared. Couple photos 1 middle son has jeans folded up and 1 LT had hers rolled up. Not sure if that just a long pair and she short, or if they shared too.
Jmho

Please forgive me if this has been posted and I haven't seen it just yet.

I read something in Time Magazine. At least I thought it was Time.It was online and it came on my Facebook feed.

It was about a woman who went to grade school with the oldest Turpin girl.The 29-year-old. She talked about how horrible she and her classmates treated her because she smelled. Now she finds out the truth and is devastated thinking about this poor little girl and what she went through at school and at home.

This was before they were homeschooling their kids.

Now, I am wondering if what I read wasn't made up because I can't find it anywhere. It had a picture of the girl in grade school and her real name. The picture is fine because it is so old. If we can find it we can black out the first name.

Again, my apologies if I have disrupted the thread. I will report myself to the owner and await my eventual banning.

Tricia

I saw the post on Facebook but it was an actual Facebook post from the woman's account, not an article link. I can't find it now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74