Found Deceased CA - Alycia Yeoman, 20, Gridley, 30 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also would not comment on whether or not they believe there was foul play or not

As far as kidnapping - taking al leads seriously

Will not comment on whether or not Aly was driving truck - will not comment due to investigation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q&A:
(I missed some of the questions due to low volume, the responses are indicated with dash marks. Many are abbreviated or summarized rather than quoted.)

What's the range of search geographically? Walmart area search?
-Search area where vehicle was located: searched over a several day period. Air assets utilized, ground search crews brought in, about 100 people at final stage, as well as canines. Standard search methods as wide as possible in circumstances. Also searches done on the river, with the boats. That search concluded yesterday. Any items of evidence are being analyzed. If there is a need for future search it will be taken care of immediately.
-Walmart area has been extensively searched for surveillance and it has been collected, they will continue to do that.

How seriously is kidnapping being considered?
-We take all leads seriously, all leads examined at exhaustive lengths

Surveillance video of truck, do you believe she was driving?
-No comments of investigative beliefs will be made

Do you believe there is any foul play involved, anything suspicious?
-Will not speak to foul play or any of that to respect the integrity of the investigation. All leads are being taken carefully.

-Investigators are researching all messages that have been received by family. I won't comment further.

-We've done exhaustive interviews of friends, family, and associates.

Something about house she was last seen at
-The investigative team has conducted a search in places of interest, in respect of that, I will not comment further.

Is there a time at which the search will be a recovery and what is that time window?
-We absolutely remain hopeful that we are going to find Aly and bring her home safely. But we have to investigate the case as thoroughly as we can, looking at all possibilities. We continue to search. Investigate any lead that comes our way in order to find out what happened.

Something about the messages, there are reports out there, there is information floating around, on social media, is there anything to address and say 'hey that's not true?'
-Don't know what's going around on social media, it would be difficult to comment on that.

END

They will not even confirm if the family received text messages. They keep using 'may or may not have received' but that essentially means they had to have received messages right?

They will not even confirm if the family received text messages. They keep using 'may or may not have received' but that essentially means they had to have received messages right?

I have to listen again but it did say they received messages on social media.
(And Hello from Yuba County)

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Pretty much no info. This is heartbreaking.

I don't think there was anything new other than the 5k reward being offered by FBI (was that new?) and that Sutter Co Sheriff is now lead agency

They gave absolutely no new information. They wouldn't even answer whether or not they thought Aly was driving the truck that night. That's what I found to be the most suspicious. At least they said they remain hopeful that they will find her. To me that seems to point to someone else's involvement, because if they didn't believe she had been kidnapped, they'd just come right out and say it, right?

As soon as they put the picture on the easel, that broke my heart. That poor family.

They gave absolutely no new information. They wouldn't even answer whether or not they thought Aly was driving the truck that night. That's what I found to be the most suspicious. At least they said they remain hopeful that they will find her. To me that seems to point to someone else's involvement, because if they didn't believe she had been kidnapped, they'd just come right out and say it, right?

It gave me that sense as well. Like they know someone may have been involved and she is still alive. I think at this point we are pretty much just waiting.

I've been reading websleuths for years; You all do such an incredible job, it is fascinating! I was wondering if somebody could clarify this for me, I read that the son said his dad walked Alycia to her car when she left and she was "fine then", and I read that the dad said the son tried to talk her into staying but she chose to leave anyway. Is this reporter error, or are these in fact their statements?

I find it odd that she would be off Cooley Rd going away from home, and then south down the levee...where had she come from? She was far off the backroads and in the wrong direction to home, she worked the next morning, it was getting late. I don't have good feelings about any of this. And so close to the feather river. I am sure they are searching that area.

AND the cell phone ping in Yuba City Monday morning, when we know the truck had been (and presumably the phone) stuck in the mud, in the orchard, in Live Oak since Thursday....

I've been reading websleuths for years; You all do such an incredible job, it is fascinating! I was wondering if somebody could clarify this for me, I read that the son said his dad walked Alycia to her car when she left and she was "fine then", and I read that the dad said the son tried to talk her into staying but she chose to leave anyway. Is this reporter error, or are these in fact their statements?

I find it odd that she would be off Cooley Rd going away from home, and then south down the levee...where had she come from? She was far off the backroads and in the wrong direction to home, she worked the next morning, it was getting late. I don't have good feelings about any of this. And so close to the feather river. I am sure they are searching that area.

AND the cell phone ping in Yuba City Monday morning, when we know the truck had been (and presumably the phone) stuck in the mud, in the orchard, in Live Oak since Thursday....
I heard thats what they said too but not sure where the links are, Ill try to find them.

The whole thing is very odd. I think its strange that no one has mentioned the fact that this man allowed her to drink, she is only 20. I know most 20 yo drink but its still against tge law and then allow her to leave?!?! ugh. I dont think she was there to see the son any more than the dad. It appears he has young ladies over a lot. I also read that she was upset... I wonder why.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong, but just from what I've read from multiple sources, it seems like the story goes something like this: Aly and her ex boyfriend talked on Wednesday night about getting back together. The ex boyfriend has said she poured her feelings out to him. Aly met with her friend, Mike, on Thursday in Yuba City to talk to him because she had a lot on her mind, presumably relationship stuff and who knows what else. They went back to his house where his two kids (close to Aly's age) and a young couple were also there. It's been said that she was drinking, and I'd like to point out that I've known several hispanic families who allow the underage people to drink at home and at events, so it's not necessarily that he was super irresponsible (giving him the benefit of the doubt). And I believe it was the ex boyfriend who said she would take the back roads home when she had been drinking, so this wasn't a new thing for her, and I'm assuming that the people at the house had no reason to believe she had been too drunk to drive or they wouldn't have let her leave. And they did offer for her to sleep on the couch, but she opted to drive home. Mike walked her to her car and she left around 11pm, going west on Butte House Rd, from what I remember.

Some things I would like to know are how full was her truck's gas tank? Did it seem like she stopped for gas (or needed to)? Did they find any activity on her phone that could show what time she actually left the Romero street residence? Because they said she left at around 11pm but the surveillance footage showed her truck on Cooley road at 10:55pm (technically it said 9:55pm because it was an hour off), and that seems to imply that she went straight to that orchard without stopping anywhere. If she left closer to 10 or 10:30 that would show some missing time that could tell us more about what might have happened, because otherwise that doesn't leave much time for anything to have happened, nefarious or otherwise.

And of course, the phone pinging to the field in Yuba City is still a mystery to me as well. Is there any chance that the phone had died when she was still in that area and the GPS just showed the last place it had gotten a signal? Or would the phone have to be powered on to ping at all. I don't know enough about the technology, but it seems like it's pretty unlikely for it to be in the orchard and ping so many miles away. It has to be more accurate than that, right? Were people with her service provider able to get a signal out in that orchard?

I'm certain they've already checked the mental hospitals in the area, right? My thought was that perhaps she just had a mental breakdown and ended up being hospitalized. I'd hope that people would have made the connection, but who knows. I'm hoping for some kind of explanation like that, though. Hopefully she is completely safe somewhere.

Feel free to correct me where I'm wrong, but just from what I've read from multiple sources, it seems like the story goes something like this: Aly and her ex boyfriend talked on Wednesday night about getting back together. The ex boyfriend has said she poured her feelings out to him. Aly met with her friend, Mike, on Thursday in Yuba City to talk to him because she had a lot on her mind, presumably relationship stuff and who knows what else. They went back to his house where his two kids (close to Aly's age) and a young couple were also there. It's been said that she was drinking, and I'd like to point out that I've known several hispanic families who allow the underage people to drink at home and at events, so it's not necessarily that he was super irresponsible (giving him the benefit of the doubt). And I believe it was the ex boyfriend who said she would take the back roads home when she had been drinking, so this wasn't a new thing for her, and I'm assuming that the people at the house had no reason to believe she had been too drunk to drive or they wouldn't have let her leave. And they did offer for her to sleep on the couch, but she opted to drive home. Mike walked her to her car and she left around 11pm, going west on Butte House Rd, from what I remember.

Some things I would like to know are how full was her truck's gas tank? Did it seem like she stopped for gas (or needed to)? Did they find any activity on her phone that could show what time she actually left the Romero street residence? Because they said she left at around 11pm but the surveillance footage showed her truck on Cooley road at 10:55pm (technically it said 9:55pm because it was an hour off), and that seems to imply that she went straight to that orchard without stopping anywhere. If she left closer to 10 or 10:30 that would show some missing time that could tell us more about what might have happened, because otherwise that doesn't leave much time for anything to have happened, nefarious or otherwise.

And of course, the phone pinging to the field in Yuba City is still a mystery to me as well. Is there any chance that the phone had died when she was still in that area and the GPS just showed the last place it had gotten a signal? Or would the phone have to be powered on to ping at all. I don't know enough about the technology, but it seems like it's pretty unlikely for it to be in the orchard and ping so many miles away. It has to be more accurate than that, right? Were people with her service provider able to get a signal out in that orchard?

I'm certain they've already checked the mental hospitals in the area, right? My thought was that perhaps she just had a mental breakdown and ended up being hospitalized. I'd hope that people would have made the connection, but who knows. I'm hoping for some kind of explanation like that, though. Hopefully she is completely safe somewhere.
I think you covered everything. As far as the ping, one news article said that police pinged her phone. The phone would need to be turned on for it to access the tower and of course the carrier network. Makes no sense why if the truck was in Live oak presumably in the orchard Thursday that the phone would ping Sunday in yuba city. And they happened to find the phone close to the truck.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Cell phone was pinged on Sunday 4/2 around 4:33 AM, about a block away from Romero St.

More about how cell towers work:
http://www.lawtechnologytoday.org/2016/03/cell-phone-gps-tracking-every-move/

That's great information! It makes it even more confusing that her phone pinged to Yuba City, though... Is it possible that her phone was updating and shut off automatically around the time she was in Yuba City and then turned itself back on when it was out of cell range? Or maybe she was running low on battery so she shut it off in case she needed it for an emergency and then when she got stuck in the mud she walked to try and find a signal? (Just brainstorming).

The live oak citizens (who claimed to have found the phone in the vicinity of her truck) told police they turned the phone on briefly to see who it belonged to, that could be when it pinged on Sunday at 4:30am, by Walmart... they were instructed by police to take it to the cell phone store and they did. The police didn't recover it by the truck, themselves. All of which leads me to ask more questions.

The live oak citizens (who claimed to have found the phone in the vicinity of her truck) told police they turned the phone on briefly to see who it belonged to, that could be when it pinged on Sunday at 4:30am, by Walmart... they were instructed by police to take it to the cell phone store and they did. The police didn't recover it by the truck, themselves. All of which leads me to ask more questions.

Hmm, yeah, I read that, too... That seemed weird to me. I heard that that area is notorious for people trespassing and sneaking around, so I guess it's not completely crazy for there to be people walking around out there. So if they turned the phone on, did that mean it had been turned off and still had battery, or did it just turn on for a second because sometimes electronics will do that? And were they able to show the police the exact location of where they found the phone? Why were they even out there in the first place? And at 4:33am? (if that's really why the phone pinged there).

Hmm, yeah, I read that, too... That seemed weird to me. I heard that that area is notorious for people trespassing and sneaking around, so I guess it's not completely crazy for there to be people walking around out there. So if they turned the phone on, did that mean it had been turned off and still had battery, or did it just turn on for a second because sometimes electronics will do that? And were they able to show the police the exact location of where they found the phone? Why were they even out there in the first place? And at 4:33am? (if that's really why the phone pinged there).

All good questions. "Police added that the phone could have been several hundred yards from where it sent the signal at the field, which was located east of Oro Ranch Road, west of Harter Parkway and south of Butte House Road."

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/butte/search-continues-for-missing-gridley-woman/431103805

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member