CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, Bullhead City, hiking wearing bikini in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been wondering too! Just couldn’t tear myself away from this discussion to go look for the post with the answers! I must say, the things I was coming up with on my own were a little more exciting than the real deal.. haha

Inquiring minds want to know what you came up with :D but here’s the real deal:

MOO=My opinion only
DBM=Deleted by me

Here’s a whole list....
Websleuths Lingo

At this point, anything is possible.

Do we have any confirmation at all, that LE has been to Barbara's house? I know one person posted saying there was activity there with LE, but I didn't see any links provided.

It's frustrating that no one saw her that day at all, that we're aware of. No video of them at a gas station, convenient store, grocery store?
the husband was supposedly taking pictures that day on the hike. I would expect that he had taken some with his wife included.
Wasn't there an earlier post, by the nephew, saying that LE had met with husband and asked to look through the pictures?

the distance i am from all thats going on, im not an insider. im a concerned.relative

Sorry, but in our experience, anyone can project themselves as anyone on the internet. That is why we have the verification process to ensure the integrity of the discussion.

If a member does not apply as a Verified Insider, they are not allowed to state any inside information or present themselves as having any connection or special knowledge about this case and, like all other regular members, they must provide MSM links to information they state as fact.

In other words, even someone saying they are related is not relied upon unless they become Verified, and all posts with such type of information stated as fact with no MSM or LE link will be removed.

Here is a link to the Websleuths Verification process.

When LE was originally called they should have wanted to do a quick search of the camper to ensure Barbara was not inside. This is not a forensic search and does not require a warrant. It serves two purposes. Eliminate the possibility the missing person is in that location and lets LE look inside the residence to see if there are any obvious signs of foul play. If signs of foul play are seen then a warrant will be secured to do a further search to collect evidence.

If the complainant refuses this search it raises red flags. After all their loved one is missing, why wouldn't they want their residence (camper) searched to make sure their loved one is not there.

Their home was likely searched this way as well.

There's nothing on twitter from local news sources about homes or properties being searched.
Unless RT said or was asked by media if LE searched the camper when first called it was done before the media had eyes on the case and I doubt it would be reported.

Media isn't reporting much on this case. To my knowledge the exact location where the camper was parked when she went missing is still not known. You would think the media would go to the location where she rounded the bend and video the route she would have taken and the road she would have crossed to get to where the camper was parked to give viewers an idea of how far from the camper she was when she vanished, but maybe it's to hot out there for the reporter and camera person to do that.

JMO

SLIGHTLY O/T - but did you know that you can see the traffic flow on Kelbaker Rd on Google Maps. I'm guessing the "red" traffic flow at one of the turnouts is probably either where the command post is set up or where the camper was. If it is where the camper was, then they had to have been out walking on the east side of Kelbaker for her to need to cross the road to return to the trailer.
Can you post a google traffic flow link to the road?

A gallon of water with him for a hike, then it’s been called a walk?

When he got back to the RV, he expected to see Barbara sitting outside the camper, what??? If she went ahead, my thought is she would be inside in A/C.

Oops, do RV’s have a way to run A/C with no electricity? Can you tell I am 100% city girl, know zilch about camping, roughing it or RV’ing it. :D

With each passing day, and the little tidbits hubby says, my
doubts increase as to what really happened. Betcha those dogs did not pick up a scent. JMO.

When he got back to the RV, he expected to see Barbara sitting outside the camper,
“If she went ahead, my thought is she would be inside in A/C.

Agree!
Why would he expect her to be sitting OUTSIDE after a hot hike instead of expecting her to be INSIDE the RV drinking a COLD BEER? !!!!
(remember the keys were hidden at the RV site)
I think the RV they have the air can run without electricity or she could turn on the engine.

Last edited:
I would think the waving of his arms was for her to see him. I also think what she was dressed in, including a red hat plus carrying a beer is important. Searchers would be looking for those things. jmo

I'm trying to envisage under what circumstances someone would wave their arms like that. Wouldn't it normally be a lost person waving their arms trying to get noticed rather than the searcher waving their arms hoping that the lost person will see them?

ETA I found a number of odd things in that Inside Edition interview, both in the video and in the write up below (I think it was the Inside Edition one?).

One of the biggest things was where he said (paraphrasing) that when she went around the corner that was the last he "ever" saw of Barbara.

There has been a lot of chatter here about Robbie's behavior in the interviews and how odd some of it is. I mean no offense, but Robbie and Barbara seem to be a bit eccentric, and therefore I personally think he's coming off just a bit odd because he *is* just a bit odd. It appeared to me that he just said whatever he wanted to say without worrying what people thought about it. I respect that, but it makes me worry for him. I'm not letting him off the hook just yet, though.

One report upthread quoted him saying she was returning to the RV to use the restroom. Once accomplished, she may have been sitting outside (in the shade if camper has retractable roof from the side door), waiting for him to return. Doesn't mean much in the way of suspicion that he expected to see her sitting there.

He saw the camper looked deserted and checked the placement of the key, which confirms she never entered the camper when she returned...or she returned, left and replaced the key. Waving his arms was probably his attempt to get her attention if she was out of hearing distance but was somewhere she could see the camper, if she went on a bit farther to collect rocks or whatever..

These are statements he has given LE. I see nothing "guilty" about them. JMO

There has been a lot of chatter here about Robbie's behavior in the interviews and how odd some of it is. I mean no offense, but Robbie and Barbara seem to be a bit eccentric, and therefore I personally think he's coming off just a bit odd because he *is* just a bit odd. It appeared to me that he just said whatever he wanted to say without worrying what people thought about it. I respect that, but it makes me worry for him. I'm not letting him off the hook just yet, though.

Thank you. Perfect words. I think everyone is feeling the same way about him.

I missed something on the MLM discussion. Was one of them involved in one of these schemes? Also with the close proximity to Vegas, could gambling debt be something to consider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80