CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do expect another family member will probably begin to speak out in this case. Besides our excellent VI and B's son Matt.
It's just a hunch, and possibly someone who supports RT. I don't mean to imply here on WS, just in general.
It's just a hunch, not anything specific, like my love of the Lafayette, Indiana news.
Hoping today might be the day for truth for Barbara. Something has to give.
Chi

If you do a search of the posters name you can find a lot of information about their relationship according to the VI. I just figured out how to do this recently.

You can also view all of a member's posts by clicking on the number next to the word "messages" under their avatar. For example, if I want to see all of your posts, MsBetsy, I can click on your current number: 8,928 and it will show your posts with the most recent ones first. I find it really helpful when I want to go back and only read what a VI has said. HTH. :)

You can also view all of a member's posts by clicking on the number next to the word "messages" under their avatar. For example, if I want to see all of your posts, MsBetsy, I can click on your current number: 8,928 and it will show your posts with the most recent ones first. I find it really helpful when I want to go back and only read what a VI has said. HTH. :)
Oh, wow! Thanks. That's even better.

Just to clarify...if you trace the post by @debbiegarcia36 back, she was responding to someone who was appearing to challenge the VI. She was pointing out tactfully that we aren’t to challenge the VI.

That being said, the OP to whom she was responding was questioning the VI about whether it was appropriate to share information about where RT is spending his time currently (and implying something negative). That question needs to be addressed to a mod, but it’s a valid one IMO.
Thanks Lilibet. I guess I should have kept my thoughts to myself, lol!

Thank you for your response. We are deeply grateful you are here, and I know everyone is working hard to come up with productive ideas on how to find Barb.

I have a suggestion for you, but we need boots on the ground to organize.

There are literally 100’s of biker clubs in that area who do lots of charity work. “A ride for Barb” including lots of black bikini’s and red ball caps would get lots of publicity, and hopefully additional action.

Any locals/bikers want to take this on? Bikers for Barb!

Amateur opinion and speculation
This is a brilliant idea! I think we should include runners and walkers as well. The bikers could lead off, and the runners could follow with the walkers behind them.

Of course then nothing can be seen.
If provided digitally by Robert (since it is already vague, and in order for it to be published by LE, but also the media, they need a large original version or else, if a picture from a picture it will be not larger then a post stamp).
Therefor I would think that the initial picture published would have the data, if cropped, worked on etc, it still may have.

So far none of the pictures of Barbara in bikini have the original data, maybe because, if from that day, it also would have the coordinates of where it was taken, and people appearing where the search is going on.
I noticed that when I compare the various publicized pics of Barbara side by side it appears (at least to me) that the picture of her wearing the red hat and black bikini top is about 10 years old. She looks quite a bit younger there than in other photos. Anyone else have the same feeling?
Google Image Result for https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/mojave.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=400&h=225&crop=1

Last edited:
Thank you for your response. We are deeply grateful you are here, and I know everyone is working hard to come up with productive ideas on how to find Barb.

I have a suggestion for you, but we need boots on the ground to organize.

There are literally 100’s of biker clubs in that area who do lots of charity work. “A ride for Barb” including lots of black bikini’s and red ball caps would get lots of publicity, and hopefully additional action.

Any locals/bikers want to take this on? Bikers for Barb!

Amateur opinion and speculation
This is an AMAZING idea @rosesfromangels !! One I think Barbara would love as well!!

I noticed that when I compare the various publicized pics of Barbara side by side it appears (at least to me) that the picture of her wearing the red hat and black bikini top is about 10 years old. She looks quite a bit younger there than in other photos. Anyone else have the same feeling?
Not really, it's just low-res which doesn't bring out detail like facial lines. It looks to me like it was cropped out of a photo which was focused on the rock formations, and not on Barbara.

just to clarify, one source expressed she was visibly aggravated, and not her usual friendly self. the other expressed nothing unusual or out of the ordinary.

Do we know what time roughly both sources saw her? ie did the one who saw nothing untoward about her manner see her before or after the other, who certainly noticed she was troubled. If there was a space between the two it may well indicate an argument had transpired which she had later cooled down over, or something occurred after she was witnessed as okay. Only RT would know what was going down that morning.

It could have been anything. Maybe it didn't have anything to do with her husband at all.

Just this morning I stepped on a huge slug in my bare feet and then later almost tripped over my dog taking him for a walk. If my neighbors saw me afterwards they might have said I looked extremely aggravated or not my usual self.

If Robert does know anything about why she appeared that way hopefully he has provided some helpful information to LE. Imo

The difference being, of course, you did not disappear off the face of the earth a few hours later, with your husband the only person with you.

Google Image Result for https://tribktla.files.wordpress.com/2019/07/mojave.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=400&h=225&crop=1
I can't tell because the picture is not clear enough. It's either a little out of focus or my eyes are. Her face is also shaded in the picture and she is wearing sunglasses and she has a tan. All of those things can make one look younger.
Her son did say she was wearing sunglasses but she may have always wore them in the sun.
I think it could be from that day. She certainly looks radiant and happy.

ETA oops had to change kooks to looks!
(Although all of us kooks do look younger in sunglasses)

Last edited:
The difference being, of course, you did not disappear off the face of the earth a few hours later, with your husband the only person with you.
Yeah, but I bet if I did everyone would suspect him.

ETA On second thought everyone would suspect my daughter. She's been giving me a hard time lately, coming home later than her curfew, and I recently withheld her allowance and wouldn't take her to the Fair.

Last edited:
personally endeavor to remain objective. it is not easy with all the information on the table in front of me.

your summary is correct, but there is substantial additional information which all 'tips' the scale, imho.

despite all information, i remain hopeful that Barb is alive.

that is an indication, on its own, that my views on this disappearance have a very strong bias.

regarding whether or not robert is innocent, i am also hopeful. all of my speculations have been confined to this medium (websleuths). i am not out to publicly shame Rob or ruin his reputation. yes this is public, no i am not trying to spread it around the internet.

from the first day i learned about barbs disappearance i have been on websleuths sharing what i've learned. my first call to Rob and Barbs house on the night i learned of her disappearance, Roberts family told me their plan is to share any and all information across all media etc, spread wherever there are ears to listen, and since that point i have been sharing what i learned here, mostly unfiltered, and also learning from members with lots of experience here on WS ways that i can be useful to Barb.

the times i began using more discretion were after speaking to Barb's son, and realizing this all could be far more dangerous than a surface examination suggests. my family over here agrees the entire situation feels very wrong, and have asked me to limit my involvement out of concern for MY SAFETY.

i have been in contact with law enforcement in AZ and CA, with robbie, with robbies family, with matt, with independent investigators, with many other relevant persons whose relation to rob and barb mean they should be in direct contact with case detectives. many of the means of contact were provided through ws, from members who are very busy trying to help find my aunt. i have two independent sources who saw Barb on the morning of the 12th, one who expressed she was visibly aggravated and not her normal self.

i have scoured all correspondence between barb and my family trying to get a better idea of what could have happened.

i stopped commenting when it got messy on here, but continued in private chats. i resumed posting publicly because i determined it was more helpful for this group to be more informed and updated, mainly because the resources this group of people active on this ws thread have access to are immense and humbling! we are going to find Barbara.

I included very personal pictures Barb sent to us in the hopes you all get a better feel for who she was. she and rob have always been an inspiration to me, and their house is one of the stops i made on my own backpacking journey through the desert regions, and other national parks up and down the west coast in 2007.

i will be the first to formally apologise for any accusations or hurtful speculations. to deny them or defer them or ignore facts before me would be extremely counter productive, imo.

nothing i have learned has been taken lightly. everything i have shared has been shared after careful consideration that it will help in the search for barbara. the gravity of the situation is not any less than the day i first learned she had disappeared.

at this moment i have no reason to think other than what you have seen me suggest. unfortunately due to TOS, and my instinctual feeling that not all relevant information should be shared publicly, or openly for that matter, i can not ammend your summary of events with what i consider crucial information.

and yes, i still consider details surrounding Barbs disappearance imply the situation could be very dangerous; sinister even.

thank you all for being here and keeping Barb in your thoughts.
As someone whose own Aunt is also still missing, this case really hits close to home for me. I can sympathize with many of the things you are going through. Many of the questions you have. Why? How could this have happened? All the different theories and thoughts running around in your head. It is my sincerest hope that you get answers soon and that your Aunt can be found. Please stay strong and make sure to take care of yourself.

Set 2 is roughly 2002 - 2009
Set 3 is 2014 - 2017
Set 4 includes wedding Nov 2006
Set 5 with dog Lexi?
Set 6 is 2017? and 2018

Most of these pictures are from post cards and hallmark notes she sent to my dad and his wife.
Please help us find BARB! She is an awesome lady!

Thank you for sharing these great pictures of beautiful, free-spirited, adventure-loving Barb! I can only hope that she is off somewhere having a great adventure!

Article about crime in the Mojave Desert
A Mojave Crime Compendium

how many homicide victims are actually found in the Mojave. Somewhat surprisingly, he replied, "On average we only find one or two per year," commenting further that recreationists are most likely to find a murder victim in the open desert. He additionally mentioned that victims and their perpetrators are, in most cases, tied somehow to the location were the body is found. Holes in the Desert: A Mojave Crime Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes