CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to get up super early tmmw, so last thought for now.
Why isn't there an official facebook for Barbara that RT is helping with?
My network is helping with her flyers. For free.
Has RT been doing flyers etc for his lost wife?
I'd hope so.
Chi
I'm younger than him and I have no idea how to do any of that.

I can't use statistics to judge this man. I need more than that.

I need more than his story doesn't sound "right" or he failed the lie detector test that virtually no one considers to be reliable.

Sorry, but I need more. JMO

Statistics offer a reliable prism with which to view the particular facts.

Combined with logic, they can be powerful in figuring out what occurred.

Just because something is likely or unlikely, doesn’t mean it did or did not occur.

But you’ll be right, far more often than you are wrong.

I'm younger than him and I have no idea how to do any of that.
I get the sense you'd learn quickly if your beloved spouse were taken, or ask someone to help. That squirrel in your photo is just too cute to believe otherwise. :) And we don't know what he is doing. We only know what we don't see, which doesn't mean much.

Just because something is likely or unlikely, doesn’t mean it did or did not occur.

I stand by my OP and I will not judge this man using statistics.

Totality unfair.

I hear what you are saying. To me, it sounded like he was blaming her. As for being 69, that is irrelevant. We know predators typically choose based on availability, and especially in an "instant abuction" scenario like that. Her being alone and a woman would suffice.

Also, if DV/controlling behavior is a factor - survivors could tell many stories of being blamed for being seductive to other people when in fact they are making no effort at all to attract attention, may be ill (or uncomfortably pregnant and not looking for love), trying to downplay their looks, etc.

What they ultimately realize is that it's not about them being irresistible and treasured by a passionate lover; it's about the abuser and their need to blame their partner for something. ETA - I don't know if/how this fits into this particular story, but it's worth keeping in mind.
That's exactly for what crossed my mind when I watched his statement foe the first time tbh

There is no fact here.

You think he is pitching a story, that doesn't make it a fact.
You speak about his thought process, while you are the one who just posted that there is no way to tell what RT thinks.

To me RT is just saying what he believes (hopes) happened.

This is not meant to sound argumentative, I find it interesting if we disagree, since if everyone is on the same page there would be no discussion.

If you go back and reread my post, you'll see that I didn't say there was no way to tell what RT thinks.

I said nobody could look into his heart, and know what he feels, specifically about BT.

Thoughts and feelings are two separate animals entirely.

It's important not to conflate the two.

It is a fact that RT went on Inside Edition and postulated that somebody must have taken her, "Because she WAS wearing a bikini, and she had a beer in her hand."

He pitched that scenario on national television.

LE said they're not buying what he's selling, not in those terms, of course,
but they stated unequivocally that they do NOT believe she's been abducted.

So, who are we to believe, here?

The man who told us he flunked his poly?
Or LE?

I know who I believe.

JMO.

I get the sense you'd learn quickly if your beloved spouse were taken, or ask someone to help. That squirrel in your photo is just too cute to believe otherwise. :) And we don't know what he is doing. We only know what we don't see, which doesn't mean much.
That's for sure.

Why is everything put on this mans shoulders? Other family members can step up and do the Facebook and flyers IMO.

Yes I find it weird that he would say that.

I also find it weird that a women of BT's age would dress that way and carry a beer like that.

But the VI said that's normal for her. So what's the problem with her husband reporting what appears to be the truth? JMO
BBM

Of course he needed to give an accurate description of BT, which we are told would include the bikini, boots, red hat and whatever container was keeping her beer cold (which would make the beer can/bottle undetectable).

But when he uses her attire as his possible reason to think she was abducted, it is weird IMO. And maybe it’s an age thing on his part...”what you wear makes you a target.” It may mean nothing at all and ultimately his actions (or lack of them) speak louder than words to me.

BBM

Of course he needed to give an accurate description of BT, which we are told would include the bikini, boots, red hat and whatever container was keeping her beer cold (which would make the beer can/bottle undetectable).

But when he uses her attire as his possible reason to think she was abducted, it is weird IMO. And maybe it’s an age thing on his part...”what you wear makes you a target.” It may mean nothing at all and ultimately his actions (or lack of them) speak louder than words to me.
Poor choice of words? Perhaps.

Does it show consciousness guilt? I don't see it. JMO

It doesn’t matter what everyone says, or everyone thinks.

You find your wife. You do everything in your power.

If optics are your (for him) concern, your priorities are backwards. This isn’t about him.
Maybe he is doing everything in his power. JMO

What about Barbara's friends or family? Maybe they can start a Facebook? I feel weird even saying that. I can't say what victims of a missing loved one should or shouldn't do. I couldn't even imagine being in such a situation. When something traumatic happens, some people paralyze and become useless, others become possibly better than LE... and so on and so forth.

I don't care if I am right or wrong about what I think most likely happened. I care that Barbara is found, and, if a crime was committed, that the perpetrators are brought to justice. This isn't about RT or about any of us. It is about BT. JMHO

Because he’s the “loving husband.”

Most people would move Heaven and Earth.
Sincere question:

If you honestly believed your spouse had been abducted and taken to Vegas, what would your actions be?

What would that look like, in terms of your visible response?

Here's what it would look like with me:

If I thought my spouse had been taken against their will to Vegas, I'd be camped out in Vegas. I'd be enlisting other family members and friends to go to Vegas, too.

I'd be out knocking on doors. Asking businesses to review surveillance footage.
Posting missing flyers, trying desperately to get interviewed by MSM outlets, offering rewards for information, etc.

I'd be calling LE multiple times a day, requesting/demanding updates on case progress and what/where they were searching. If they didn't take my calls, I'd go down to the station in person and insist upon speaking with the lead detective. I wouldn't leave until I had, either.

I'd also hire a PI. If money was an issue, I'd crowdfund it or whatever else I needed to do.

I'd be frantic, but I'd be focused. My focus would be on finding my spouse.
I'd eat, sleep, and breathe with that single focus.

I could go on. But I won't. On account I feel like the point has been made.

JMO.

To all you people who know that RT is guilty of some kind of crime I'm letting you know that I'm fine with that.

Please allow me to be on the fence and consider that RT is still a victim until proven otherwise.

It's getting to the point that I'm starting to bicker over the minor details of this case and it's time for me to stop. JMO

As far as judging, that's not what I'm here for.
Truth coming out leads to legal judgment IMO.
If a crime has been committed there should be judgement.
I just find this entire scenario more than a little odd.
Now I can sleep knowing I have only stated my opinion. Good as anyone's . :)
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member