CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would consult with a local mine expert and do some random sampling of mines. In the area where Barb disappeared, and other areas as well. Same with the drones. RT has some bucks in his jeans, I think this would be a good way to stay busy and productive rather than fret about his missing wife.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I know we have to believe RT's account, but it sure is hard because of his behavior afterward, and what he has/hasn't done.

RSABBM:

No, we don't.

There are no thought police here.

Some of us just can't say what we're thinking right now.

The fact that we can't voice our beliefs, doesn't mean we can't hold those opinions.

It reminds me of one of my favorite lines from a great movie, Magnolia:

"I'm quietly judging you."

JMO.

Last edited:
OK, I figured maybe he/she would take it back to the den to the babies.

Well, not really. I was mostly pulling your leg, and let my smart-@$$3&ness get the better of me. Sorry 'bout that. :)

I know we have to believe RT's account, but it sure is hard because of his behavior afterward, and what he has/hasn't done.
Whenever people on threads talk about the behavior of people, I always tell this story. There are pictures of me from about 15 years ago at a funeral. I was in shock, and just going through the motions. In every single picture I was grinning like an idiot. It looked totally inappropriate, but I was just in a dream/shock state.

So you never know how people will react. I've seen other grinning fools like me, and I've seen very angry people, and very frantic people. I've seen people who won't stop cleaning. The cleaning gives them a sense of control and normalcy where they have suffered a great loss out of their own control. You never know.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Per dbdb11's sister, RT said he called about noon. Per the dispatch log, the call came in at 3:26 p.m.

Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

Have been away sleuthing elsewhere and come back to see pages and pages on, still going round and round on same!

Lots of weirdness flying around on this case. Given this post above, the son - can't copy as he deleted - but just to consider as a possibility, said he had seen, or was at least aware of, a photo of BT time stamped at 2pm on that day. So if correct, how would that affect call to police timings?

Tbh, I don't know anymore who is telling the truth, who have their own agendas, and who are trying to muddy the waters and detract from the real facts of the case. Not referring to sleuths here, but outside. I am completely befuddled!

BBM. Can a non-journalist file an FOIA request or something similar to get the 911 call recording and copies of any warrants served so far? Or at the very least maybe someone could try to get a copy of the police report filed when Barb was reported missing? .
SBM

I would be interested to hear the 911 call.
Also to know what's in the search warrants; were they for his phone, vehicle(s), all of his computers ?

As in-- did they stop anywhere before the hike where she vanished ?
The vehicle's gps should reveal that.

If I were RT , I'd publicly state any location we'd (myself and Barbara) visited that a.m.
And maybe ask people if anyone seemed to be following us, etc.
(Just throwing out ideas)

Or even something that might appear absurd, like : " ...Well, first we breakfasted at the __ Cafe, then stopped at the curio shop that Barbara is always bugging me about, then had to pick up some cold ones from the convenience store, right before our hike...."

Or, "...We drove straight over there, and I can't prove it-- but look at my car gps and phone pings --- it's all right there if you doubt me ! "

Thinking out loud.

It's very quiet in msm about Barbara right now.
Every article seems to rehash what we've already discussed.

Poor Barbara, she'll never see justice in this world. :(

Oh, I'm much more optimistic about that.

I think she will.

I have a lot of confidence in the SBCSO, which is the investigating agency here.

My high degree of confidence in them is largely based on (You guessed it!) the Erin Corwin case.

JMO.

Last edited:
Have been away sleuthing elsewhere and come back to see pages and pages on, still going round and round on same!

Lots of weirdness flying around on this case. Given this post above, the son - can't copy as he deleted - but just to consider as a possibility, said he had seen, or was at least aware of, a photo of BT time stamped at 2pm on that day. So if correct, how would that affect call to police timings?

Tbh, I don't know anymore who is telling the truth, who have their own agendas, and who are trying to muddy the waters and detract from the real facts of the case. Not referring to sleuths here, but outside. I am completely befuddled!

Agree. Son is a victim per TOS I guess but unfortunately his input here and on other venues, his posts keep disappearing. Befuddled indeed.

Agree. Son is a victim per TOS I guess but unfortunately his input here and on other venues, his posts keep disappearing. Befuddled indeed.
BBM:

Yes, BT's son is most definitely a victim.

I'm not aware of her son having posted on this WS forum at all.

Our only VI here is @dbdb11, Barb's nephew.

JMO.

I hate to think this thread will be active a year from now, that's a very discouraging thought!
It has happened so many times...
I have only seen a few of the cases I decided to involve myself in become solved.
Barbara needs a miracle or her family will sit in wonder for the rest of their lives.
Very Sad Thought.

Not sure why you conclude that. I trust that LE is investigating. This is relatively early days as such investigations go. JMO

Don't take it literally. Of course I hope and pray there will be justice in this world. I"m just realistic too, and often speak my emotions out loud. So look at my utterings from that perspective.

I'm anxious for justice for her, same as others I"m sure are.

Realistic knowing that many cases go to the cold case unit boxes on shelves in police departments around the country too.

This case is interesting, because from what we know, (and of course we know very little), and only from what the husband said; but from that it appears to be very little in the way of "evidence" on the face of it.

Now behind the scene, or what we don't know, there could be evidence mounting, yet even in that, it would have to please a district attorney to move it ahead to a courtroom. We all know how that goes...at least from TV - they usually want a slam dunk if at all possible.

Now behind the scene, or what we don't know, there could be evidence mounting, yet even in that, it would have to please a district attorney to move it ahead to a courtroom. We all know how that goes...at least from TV - they usually want a slam dunk if at all possible.
SABBM:

I'm reminded of the old adage:
The wheels of justice turn slowly, but grind exceedingly fine."

Investigations take time.
Trials take time.
It takes what it takes.

IF BT's disappearance here is a result of foul play, I do have faith that the SBSCO will work the case tenaciously and successfully through to a conclusion.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members